• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts on the patch notes (I realize these are variable):

I thought Zarya’s biggest issue isn’t solvable – her beam length is unpredictable thanks to lag. Sometimes its fine and sometimes you find out you’re in range and you can’t escape. I will say that I noticed that when it came to shields one Rein fire strike gave me 50% energy which seemed crazy easy. Otherwise, personally, I have a hard time getting max energy outside of dealing with idiot teams.

D. Va changes strike me as playing with fire. Ever since the Defense Matrix change her giant hitbox hasn’t been as much of an issue. The problem was Zarya hard countered her, so the proposed changes do help D. Va there – but make her that much harder to kill for everyone else. That combined with the speed boost might be too much.

Soldier: Jesus can they just decide what they want already. He just keeps pinging back and forth on damage and accuracy.

Ult charge: I called this a long time ago. When you’re new and dumb and inaccurate Ults feel like they take a lot to earn. When you’re experienced and accurate you can get them like candy on good days. This was part of the reason why they changed McCRee keeping 50% of his ult when not used, but the accurate McCrees still can get it back real quick.

Ana: Removing the speed boost from the ult is counter-productive, IMO. It was the only place outside of Lucio you could change any characters speed. That was good! Change the defense boost if anything.

Mei: Duh.

Torb: Generating scrap over time is clever.

TrueBlue

I've just discovered that Tracer calls people she eliminates "wanker" when wearing the punk skin. I never knew!

As a Brit, this pleases me. Wouldn't have been right if she didn't use some our swearing slang.

Now all she needs to do is shout "Bollocks!" when she witnesses Mercy rez someone and it would be perfect.

I almost got excited thinking I got Reaper's Halloween Intro, then I saw D.VA's grave on the left.
unknown.png

xaosslug

the D.Va buffs seem to be more for peeps that run her in this current climte and 'make do' as it were, and find succes in the face of the stifling Zarya meta. From what I've been reading peeps that don't play her are like whatever w/ the buffs, but peeps that do play her are like 'yas, bish!'

*prays they stick*

Twookie

i got the same skin twice in a lootbox just now, duplicate of one i already had course

didn't even know that was possible, blizzard pls

Finally had a good matchup that was above my rank, steamrolled the first push, and a Grand Master rage quits before the "Match is Cancelled" time period is over.

Time to get shit matches for the rest of the day and tank to 3000

darklin0

Banned
I was 2998. You can doooo eeeet
Nope. Just lost a match where I was pleading my team to switch heroes. We had a Winston into a McCree and Reaper pick, a Mercy who was completely useless, and a Tracer who did nothing for 4 rounds. Just my luck lmao.
Ho-ly shit!
So close, yet so far. 2972 now. ;-;
Your GAF av and your OW av fit the image perfectly.
I was racing a friend to see who would hit it first and he got to 3010 right when I hit 2999. I was so salty. xD
One of my friends made it to 3999 exactly, He's now in the 3500 region lol.

Bad luck man. I was 2500 a few days a go dropping from 2900. Finally making it back up.

One of my friends made it to 3999 exactly, He's now in the 3500 region lol.

I was literally one win from breaking into the top 500 (Was like 3660, and the 500th player was 3681), at which point I would have stopped caring about the season. Got gatekeeper'd by my favorite map of Illos along with a Symmetra troll. Now I'm currently 3209 <_<.

Wish you could pick a voice line for PotM intro.

Numbani is easily becoming my favorite map...seems like I hardly ever lose, even when we're the underdog.

Love when you one up a team with their own cheese composition. Had a team try to run Offense Bastion on us, managed to clear both points with 5 minutes to spare. We do the same thing and did it with 6 minutes to spare.

Ended up winning 4-3 because they were too stupid to realize their comp wasnt working and I swapped off Bastion to Reaper.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hey guys, played this a lot on PS4 and loved it.

just got it on my new pc (i7, 1070, 16 gb ram, ssd) and the game is locked at 59 fps

i've tried fiddling with all the settings, frame limits, resolutions, windowed, v sync... nothing helps

is this a known bug? it feels slightly 'off'' compared to PS4. no other games i play on my pc have this problem

thanks!

antitrop

Overwatch is a lesser game for having Symmetra. Those changes can't come fast enough

I thought people would have gotten bored of doing the troll teleporter thing after like a month or two.

hey guys, played this a lot on PS4 and loved it.

just got it on my new pc (i7, 1070, 16 gb ram, ssd) and the game is locked at 59 fps

i've tried fiddling with all the settings, frame limits, resolutions, windowed, v sync... nothing helps

is this a known bug? it feels slightly 'off'' compared to PS4. no other games i play on my pc have this problem

thanks!
it might just say 59fps when it means 60. Monitor refresh rates aren't perfect, sometimes 60hz monitors are 59.94

Nice, looks like im gonna lose my 4 win streak because some kid is trolling with Bastion and just running around in the backfield doing nothing.

On the upside, think I just got my best Reinhardt POTG ever. Gonna upload that shit, quad charge kill into the Kings Row pit that won us the first round

Odrion

Banned
I suspect the ult nerf has to do with the fact that even if you are a significantly worse team, by virtue of the fact that Ana ult + Reaper ult + Zarya shield was a surefire way to wipe the opposing team 10 out of 10 times you were basically guaranteed to win a map simply by waiting for your ults to go back up over and over.

Obviously it's more efficient to win fights without that, but the mere existence of the combo allows every team at any skill level to push the cart to the end, even if it means having little to no time left.

I suppose now that the speed buff has been removed from Ana's ult we will be seeing Lucio a lot more if only for the fact that his speed guarantees a wipe every 90 seconds, or we won't see Ana at all due to the speed actually being the strongest part of her ultimate.

Still, now that mercy once again can't claim to have resurrection ready every fight we probably won't see her at all anymore in pro matches, which is what pushed her out of the meta the last time only having ult at the ready every 2nd fight.

So we either staying with Ana + Lucio or will go back to Zen + Lucio, considering the less ults overall there are the stronger Zen's ability to stop a wipe via ult become. Team comps will most likely change depending on whether you are on attack or defense.

EDIT: Also the number of fights is certainly not going to go down due to the fact that defenders have the positional advantage and therefore charge ults faster at any given time in a stalement/while poking, and having ult advantage makes it very hard for the opposing team to consistenly win fights.

i meant to say "demphasize", doh

Just had a team that literally didn't push the payload at all on Gibraltar. I got a double healer+a DPS pick, and 5 of them couldnt win a 5v3.

I feel like I need a shower after that

Also that feel when you pick Torbjorn as a troll pick (Nobody wanted to heal) and actually win the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom