• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was a shitty return to competitive, half of my team quits early in the first round -_-, of course I deserve to get my skill rating lowered after that.

Also, don't you love how every time you respawn the game reminds you that a teammate has left the match? Way to keep the pain fresh.

I just corner popped a Tracer so hard with Roadhogs alternate shot that she rage quit.

Most satisfying kill ever. Match put me back in the 3300 range too, so far gained like 90 today.

Prelude.

I was playing qp earlier and after kiling 2-3 people with my ult as Roadhog I saw a Mercy at mid-range and pushed her into a little room with the end of my ult and started shooting to finish her off, but seeing her trying to desperately fight back with her puny pistol made me feel too bad and I greeted/spam crouched her until she stopped, greeted me back and I walked away. Am I the only one that lets Mercy live when situations like that happen?
No mercy on competitive, of course.

aeolist

Banned
Are you on console? I feel like I see the craziest MMing shit on console more often than not.

pc

and i don't really have an issue with the quality of matchmaking, the teams i get and play against are good more often than not. even the group thing is kind of a red herring, i don't think it makes much difference till you start playing at really high levels (which he mentions).

saying that groups vs solos shouldn't happen is funny though because it's seriously all the time.

I was playing qp earlier and after kiling 2-3 people with my ult as Roadhog I saw a Mercy at mid-range and pushed her into a little room with the end of my ult and started shooting to finish her off, but seeing her trying to desperately fight back with her puny pistol made me feel too bad and I greeted/spam crouched her until she stopped, greeted me back and I walked away. Am I the only one that lets Mercy live when situations like that happen?
No mercy on competitive, of course.

Not just you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72YlJ4c6V4

Anne

pc

and i don't really have an issue with the quality of matchmaking, the teams i get and play against are good more often than not. even the group thing is kind of a red herring, i don't think it makes much difference till you start playing at really high levels (which he mentions).

saying that groups vs solos shouldn't happen is funny though because it's seriously all the time.

Ah, okay. I've been hanging out with a friend lately that plays console late night and I've been noticing things like that a bit is all.

I rarely see groups larger than 2 in solo q orz

Ah, okay. I've been hanging out with a friend lately that plays console late night and I've been noticing things like that a bit is all.

I rarely see groups larger than 2 in solo q orz

Yeah, I solo q late at nite and almost always have at least a 2 stack on both teams.

It's wutever tho, the worst is when I get put with a 5 stack and they're in group chat...me solo healing is a given.

No one on console wants to pick healer anymore, what the hell? Miserable.

Welcome to my life. Having to switch off Reinhardt to go to healer pisses me off on a primal level.

Also did a sarcastic "Thanks" after a loss and triggered a teammate so hard. Didn't even spam it, just did it once

Ramirez

Welcome to my life. Having to switch off Reinhardt to go to healer pisses me off on a primal level.

Also did a sarcastic "Thanks" after a loss and triggered a teammate so hard. Didn't even spam it, just did it once

Yea, I've had to play Lucio/Zen all night while someone flounders around with Ana. -_-

Love how I'm getting 20-30 points for beating teams ranked above us, lose once to a team the exact same rank as us and lose 45 points.....

I really don't get this MMR shit. I was on a good streak today too.

Skii

A small part of me dies everyday when I play QP on PC. Everyone is just so fucking dumb. It hurts. I'm clearly technically a lot worse than most of the players but there's so many basic errors going on. Constant trickle in, fighting off the point in the final seconds of a game etc.

I'm almost at the rank to play competitive but I know I'm nowhere near ready. Is it worth tanking my competitive MMR so I can play the game with "good" players? I think I'd genuinely end up in silver lol.

Are the servers stable? Dyin to play but don't want to take losses from random disconnects.

Lost the last 2 games I played earlier in the day because 4v6.

I only recently managed to get my Mei playtime above Lucio because of the absurd amount of times I've had to pick him just for the team comp.

I am so completely over playing support entirely at this point. I actually felt dirty last time I played Lucio.

Ramirez

or tank. It's hilarious. xD

Well I usually want to play Zarya or Roadhog. I wouldn't mind so much if the people who do pick DPS/Tank would actually keep Tracer's off my ass. I had back to back games where a Tracer just harassed the shit out of me all game, no one even tried to challenge him or help me. :|

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Wow, dropping down to Gold sucks. Just played a match where someone on my team just kept attacking another player, even after they left team chat. And then when everyone called him out on it he started talking about how they deserved to be bullied.

At least I got Junkrat's new skin from a loot box right after.

MrPanic

Welp, the grind for the Mercy skin is finally over, finally got it out of a lootbox. I'll keep on playing since I'm at 2500 credits anyway and I'm only missing the halloween legendary of Reaper and got a few levels of quick xp left. Definitely put way too much time into this though, will probably have risen 50 levels by the end of this event.

komaruR

A small part of me dies everyday when I play QP on PC. Everyone is just so fucking dumb. It hurts. I'm clearly technically a lot worse than most of the players but there's so many basic errors going on. Constant trickle in, fighting off the point in the final seconds of a game etc.

I'm almost at the rank to play competitive but I know I'm nowhere near ready. Is it worth tanking my competitive MMR so I can play the game with "good" players? I think I'd genuinely end up in silver lol.

so you gonna main pc instead of ps4 now? the comp is almost over soon, just do it! :p
though i havent touch pc for a while. was back to ps4 playing with friends

Everybody wants a healer. Nobody wants to protect a healer though. That seems to be my experience as a healer.

-Be Me
-Pick Zenyatta
-Get focused by Genji and Tracer non-stop
-Get yelled at for being shit healer

tumblr_o8nb21EasN1vvi26ho1_500.png

BigDug13

Just had to play a game with zen as solo healer. We won somehow.

Zen can often work as primary healer. He doesn't have to "go" to his healing target. He can heal around corners for 3 seconds, 30hp/sec isn't terrible, and you get 300 hp/sec healing when the shit hits the fan. As long as you focus on healing while at least getting a discord out there on someone when you know you're the only healer, instead of just trying to burn everyone down with your own orb damage, you can do quite well.

KyleCross

Everybody wants a healer. Nobody wants to protect a healer though. That seems to be my experience as a healer.
Story of my fucking life.

"Oh hey, we all just got wiped by a death blossom and our Mercy has a rez, why the fuck are we staying dead?! SHIT MERCY, FUCK OFF!"

"That's because I'M FUCKING DEAD and running back from spawn because despite my best efforts of alerting you and avoiding attack you literally ignore me as the enemy team focuses me."

dhlt25

why is the matchmaking so slow. This game is pretty popular, it shouldn't take like 3 minutes to match make every single game

xaosslug

that's why #MakeTorbGreatAgain and #Dva4Lyfe

Well I usually want to play Zarya or Roadhog. I wouldn't mind so much if the people who do pick DPS/Tank would actually keep Tracer's off my ass. I had back to back games where a Tracer just harassed the shit out of me all game, no one even tried to challenge him or help me. :|

this kind of stuff is especially annoying when you see the enemy team looking out for each other and how it's working well, and your team lacks that, and, well... yeah. -___-

komaruR

try this control mapping for ps4
XBXF8Qe.jpg

it took me around 2 week to get use to jumping with L2. like 1 more week to get use to ability 1 is L3 and ability 2 is R2. I just now need to get use to jumping. L2 and pressing L1 simultaneously. I'm totally natural jumping, L2 with R1 primary now. decent accuracy.

the setup is quite nice for projectile heros. no so much on hitscan since it mess up your aim.

my recommendation for starters is to play qp with heros that don't require aiming much, like rein, torb?, winston, sym. once you get use to jumping with L2 then you should move to projectile heros.

if you get use to this mapping as your default, youll wont need to config a custom mapping for like lucio or genji. + its quite nice for pharah, as the original L2 was just hovering with no jump, now it does.

There really should be an incentive for healing, or playing multiple roles. Because its gotten to the point where if I know a loss is inevitable because my team is purely mentally lacking, I'd rather let them know I'm not dealing with their shit by going Torb or Widow and hoping that makes them realize our composition is really fucked up.

It actually seems to work often. A simple "We can have 2 healers, or we can have none" tends to make people swap. That or they rage at me, and I just say "Well you should have healed"

belushy

Banned
Btw, for anybody that missed it, IDDQD isn't on the main roster for FNatic anymore ;~;

I saw this... he was the only reason why I was rooting on fnatic but I do still like fnatic from other games so I might stick with them. Hopefully he gets to play again soon, but I'm guessing they are keeping him to his contract until they agree on a trade or sale I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom