• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one on chat tonite but it hasn't really mattered. Good team comps, and team play so far.

3-0 but only got 21 SR for the last win even tho we were 15 point dogs.

I had 2 golds(healing, obj.time) and a silver in obj. elims as Lucio, so I don't feel like I played poorly as an individual.

They did have a player drop out the final 2 rounds of KotH, so maybe that's why? I dunno...SR flux is still confusing to me.

Love unorthadox wombo combos and intelligent players.

Our base was getting overrun by 4 people and it was just me and Junkrat on it. I was Winston and dropped my barrior and he instantly popped and exploded his ult and got a triple kill and left the 4th weak enough to kill.

Spacebar

Does anyone else feel like sometimes you put the team on your back? Some games I feel like I'm holding my end down so well, but nothing else is working. I had a match with 30k damage blocked and couldn't get the payload there. Then another match with almost 20k healing done with Mercy. Close but no cigar.

cyborg009

Banned
Its so freaking weird getting steamrolled on defense then on attack steamrolling them and winning the game lol.

Does anyone else feel like sometimes you put the team on your back? Some games I feel like I'm holding my end down so well, but nothing else is working. I had a match with 30k damage blocked and couldn't get the payload there. Then another match with almost 20k healing done with Mercy. Close but no cigar.

30k damage blocked that means your dps wasn't anything.

Its so freaking weird getting steamrolled on defense then on attack steamrolling them and winning the game lol.

Seems to be how most games go. Most teams suck donkey balls on Defense, then steamroll attack, then it just comes back into who can steamroll the hardest on the 2nd offense, or who resorts to Symmetra+Bastion+Stall Tactics.

Alucrid

Banned
this kingdom team is pretty great. their route 52 defense was hilarious

30k damage blocked that means your dps wasn't anything.

i've found my games to be a very painful attack where we don't finish the map, then a complete hold for the win.

Just had an awesome idea on how to improve ranked. If you take too long to pick a character, the game starts to limit those people to only pick certain roles that aren't filled.

Fancolors

I wonder what would happen if the game rewarded players for picking multiple roles. Like, what if there was an exp reward for filling each one of the four roles in less than 12 hours.

Here, let me put my fucking icewall up in front of your graviton surge. Better yet, let me put up an icewall when you're 90% charged with two disposable bubbles. Even better! Let me leave my failed icewall up for the full duration.
Enemy team must of been laughing their asses off to the bank.

I wonder what would happen if the game rewarded players for picking multiple roles. Like, what if there was an exp reward for filling each one of the four roles in less than 12 hours.

Nothing probably as people would still not heal lol.

Wish Rage Quitters got a bigger penalty too, like double or triple the points they would have lost otherwise. Seeing more obvious ragequits lately from people who have just given up on a match (Usually barely in the first round)

Nothing probably as people would still not heal lol.

Wish Rage Quitters got a bigger penalty too, like double or triple the points they would have lost otherwise. Seeing more obvious ragequits lately from people who have just given up on a match (Usually barely in the first round)

Yeah, that's the main thing I want fixed for season 3...not really sure how they can differentiate between that and disconnects but, I hope they can figure something out.

For some reason whenever I see Soldier 76 in the Halloween Immortal skin I mistake it for Art Alexakis. Then it gets me thinking about how cool an Overwatch "Battle of the Bands" mode would be. All the characters would be musicians wielding instruments.

Yeah, that's the main thing I want fixed for season 3...not really sure how they can differentiate between that and disconnects but, I hope they can figure something out.

Not sure if PC has more issues with random disconnects and game crashes, but on console I don't have much sympathy for those playing with spotty/shitty connections.

Had a guy earlier actually admit that it was likely that he was gonna disconnect as his brother was on the PC and Xbox at the same time, and he actually did. Like fucking seriously dude?

Salarians

enemy Junkrat gets POTG for a quad kill

also seen in the highlight: me reversing that quad kill as Mercy 👀

Finally got witch Mercy. And Skullyatta too, the best of the Halloween epic skins.

First comp game in awhile.

Get matched with the the nicest dudes. Our Symmetra proves us all wrong and dominates. They don't cap first point on Numbani, we cap it instantly. Good vibes all around in that voice chat.

No way I'm playing another one tonight. Lol

darklin0

Banned

Get matched with the the nicest dudes. Our Symmetra proves us all wrong and dominates. They don't cap first point on Numbani, we cap it instantly. Good vibes all around in that voice chat.

Go play another and have someone calling the team garbage because they have the most damage as Junkrat.

maomaoIYP

Who are the best targets for nano boost? Other than Reinhardt, Genji and Reaper. I boost Winston when there aren't any other options but I'm not sure how useful he is.

ohkay

Had an attack bastion on Hanamura and everyone was shitting on him on attack for the pick and refusing to switch. We only capped the first point. On defense we decided to play around him, with Rein shields, Mercy boost, and Ana nano boosts and we lost point A in overtime, but held point B pretty safely for a draw. I'll take it.

Nimby

Banned
Who are the best targets for nano boost? Other than Reinhardt, Genji and Reaper. I boost Winston when there aren't any other options but I'm not sure how useful he is.

He's pretty good actually. 120 DPS across multiple targets, that's full-charge Symmetra damage.

Take the money and run!

I love when I'm McCree and get a nano.

Sombra could have the worst most internet lines ever and she still wouldn't be as annoying as Tracer

like she could say 'here come dat boi' when she interacts with Lucio and still wouldnt be as bad as MAH ULTIMAS REDDY

Yes. He also says 'protect my turret' which yall mercys wanna complain about people ignoring her pleas? Nobody protects Torbs turret.

Nobody.

I'll Rein up on a turret at the start of a match. Sometimes it even works.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I hate this Halloween event. It takes forever to level up (80), so I'm likely going to end up with nothing, plus for some reason my internet has been completely random and been going on and off, when it's supposed to be stable at 100 mb. I keep trying to play, but I lose connection, and therefor another 3 games of very little xp. I haven't been playing comp at all because of this, but it's really kind of annoying when I have like 9 matches of little to barely any xp and kills my desire to play the game. I don't think it should have been brought to quick play, however having it in comp makes sense. I have the ISP coming out on Tuesday so hopefully they will fix this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom