• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got all my legendaries and most of my epics by leveling. I only need Zen and Ana and I'll be done. I might just spend credits on those last two, which is fine since I have about 6000 credits now.

Didn't even have to spend a penny.

Got all my legendaries and most of my epics by leveling. I only need Zen and Ana and I'll be done. I might just spend credits on those last two, which is fine since I have about 6000 credits now.

Didn't even have to spend a penny.

Haven't bought any crates either.

I've only got Junker, Reaper, Skully and Ana tho. Bout to hit lvl 98, so maybe I'll get lucky after my 1st promotion.

GG. Our team managed to click despite yelling at Junkrat first round lol.

Also love how I finished with most eliminations and get a card for Transcendence......that healer privilege
Yea you can tell if Eichenwalde offense is gonna be good or bad pretty quick. We couldn't do anything.

GG's I'm happy with the split. :p

Get back to master and leave us noobs alone.

Hate losing because our DPS was lacking. We kept pushing the point, kept killing people on the point, but they just kept coming back faster than we could kill them.

Just had a group tell me to get off Reaper because my DPS sucked, despite the fact I had gold all match and solo killed both enemy healers and a 3rd person on the first push (Which they still failed). Stole my Reaper second round so I Mercy, we get insta steam rolled, and somehow I finish with Gold in eliminations still despite getting no kills. I feel the strangest mix of pride, vindication, and sorrow.

Geoff Goodman
Principal Designer
70 posts
2 hours ago

We're planning on kicking off another build for the weekend! Hopefully it will be some time tonight, but I'm going to post the notes now so you guys know right away whats going on. Thanks for testing and giving feedback.

D.Va
Call Mech
Ultimate cost has been decreased by 20%

Developer Comments: This reduces the cost back down to what it was before the global ultimate cost change.

Widowmaker
Venom Mine
Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
Widow’s Kiss
Charge rate increased by 20%

Pharah
Rocket Launcher
Minimum explosion damage has been increased to 25% of rocket’s total damage (formerly 12%)
Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0% of rocket’s total knockback (formerly 75%)

Mercy
Passive health regeneration now kicks in when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (formerly 3 seconds)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's the name of the sniper in general, but the 20% increase in charge time is referring to that.

You get kissed by the widow. Cute name. Kissed all the way through your forehead.

I think it's the name of the sniper in general, but the 20% increase in charge time is referring to that.

You get kissed by the widow. Cute name. Kissed all the way through your forehead.

That... seems like kind of a weird name for a gun. Sounds more like an ability rather than a physical object really.

Veelk

Banned
Widowmaker
Venom Mine
Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
Widow’s Kiss
Charge rate increased by 20%

It's nice they care, but I don't feel Widow is ever gonna be worth using (on console) until they actually buff her other abilities to be useful in tandum with her sniping.

And hurray at D.Va buff! Keep them coming until she is OP as fuck.

Antiwhippy

Got gold healing with 1 round as lucio when the other round I was playing as rein. -_-

Not really a bitching post because we won lol, I just found that funny.

Veelk

Banned
D.Va's Primary Fire now has the ability to pierce Mei's Ice Block.

I know it's what you're thinking.

D.Va's Primary Fire now consists of the same shots that her pistol fires.

D.Va's Primary Fire now pierces through Zarya's shield's without giving her charge, hits Reaper in his Wraith form, and fires through Reinhardt's shield uninterrupted.

D.Va's Defense Matrix is now infinite, has no cooldown, and she can fire her Primary Firing ability through it.

D.Va can now activate her MEKA's explosion at any time by hitting the the Ult Button a second time within the 4 seconds before it explodes automatically

One can only dream.

D.Va's Primary Fire now consists of the same shots that her pistol fires.

D.Va's Primary Fire now pierces through Zarya's shield's without giving her charge, hits Reaper in his Wraith form, and fires through Reinhardt's shield uninterrupted.

D.Va's Defense Matrix is now infinite, has no cooldown, and she can fire her Primary Firing ability through it.

D.Va can now activate her MEKA's explosion at any time by hitting the the Ult Button a second time within the 4 seconds before it explodes automatically

One can only dream.

Defense Matrix now protects D.Va from all angles.

I was playing qp earlier and after kiling 2-3 people with my ult as Roadhog I saw a Mercy at mid-range and pushed her into a little room with the end of my ult and started shooting to finish her off, but seeing her trying to desperately fight back with her puny pistol made me feel too bad and I greeted/spam crouched her until she stopped, greeted me back and I walked away. Am I the only one that lets Mercy live when situations like that happen?
No mercy on competitive, of course.

I do, but only with 'Hog. And they have to be a pretty pathetic Mercy. Plenty of cornered Mercys have wrecked my shit.

Veelk

Banned
Actually, one buff I really would like to see brought back is the no CD on the DM. It was fun trying to time an opponents fire with the DM. It could have become a small mind game of the enemy player trying to correctly time his shots to when the DM is down and have the D.Va player run out of it. It didn't last long, so most players didn't learn to play around it and instead spammed their fire on D.Va, but given time, I think players would have wised up to it.

They could lower the cd just a tad to make that play viable maybe.

Antiwhippy

There was always a CD to DM even when they buffed it.

The only nerf they introduced was making the CD of recovering DM when it's drained the same as the CD.

There was always a CD to DM even when they buffed it.

The only nerf they introduced was making the CD of recovering DM when it's drained the same as the CD.

And they only reduced it by half a second. It's hasn't made DM much less annoying. I still have to be way too cautious of it with certain ults, I feel.

If only Tracer's counters were that huge.
Roadhog can be played around, but honestly fucking Junkrat man, I hope he never sees the light of meta. Maybe it's my personal playstyle is just terribly suited to it but I cannot fucking deal with that asshole. Random nade spam takes down basically all your health, trap is a death sentence, and I never feel safe enough to go in and take him out because I know he could instantly kill me with spam.

I consider him a pretty hard counter, at least to MY Tracer.

Had a 3 man premade who refused to double heal Eichenwald so we lose. Get rematched against them with a much better team and one of them rage quits and causes the match to cancel.

I love this game.

Roadhog can be played around, but honestly fucking Junkrat man, I hope he never sees the light of meta. Maybe it's my personal playstyle is just terribly suited to it but I cannot fucking deal with that asshole. Random nade spam takes down basically all your health, trap is a death sentence, and I never feel safe enough to go in and take him out because I know he could instantly kill me with spam.

I actually completely forgot about Junkrat because I feel he should be removed from the game along with any trace of his former existence, including fanart.

Veelk

Banned

You know, now that you mention it, it's odd that Trashmouse doesn't have any of these neat changes with his character given his...problems, I guess? I find Junkrats annoying in general though. I can take him out, I just don't like how a lot of his kills are just mindlessly spamming in the general direction of the enemy. Even filthy Mei's atleast have to aim.

Also, I don't play Tracer, so feel free to call me on my bullshit, but it feels like if you just have to blink near him unawares and unload everything into it. He should die to that.

Also, I don't play Tracer, so feel free to call me on my bullshit, but it feels like if you just have to blink near him unawares and unload everything into it. He should die to that.

He can kill Tracer long before she gets a chance to do that. It's hard to kill him as Tracer unless you can sneak up on him, which usually doesn't work because of his traps.

In theory that's right. But one clipping 200 health heroes is something I'm getting better at but am definitely not consistent with, and that would be the only consistent way to ensure my survival. The amount of times I've gotten right behind him, get him down to almost death, he turns around spamming nades, one of them hits me, then there is just a mine in my face and I'm gone. Ugh.

Danj

By the way, does anyone know of a way to configure Overwatch so that other apps cannot steal focus from it? I just got killed because an IM message popped up and caused Overwatch to be alt-tabbed out (without me touching anything).

In theory that's right. But one clipping 200 health heroes is something I'm getting better at but am definitely not consistent with, and that would be the only consistent way to ensure my survival. The amount of times I've gotten right behind him, get him down to almost death, he turns around spamming nades, one of them hits me, then there is just a mine in my face and I'm gone. Ugh.

And yet, I'm somehow the most hated player on PSN.

Veelk

Banned
And yet, I'm somehow the most hated player on PSN.

There are different catergories of hatred.

Good Tracers are probably the most fury inducing, but I can atleast respect the skill involved to play one that knows how to move. This is them fulfilling the role they are meant to play.

Junkrats are annoying in the sense of "Come on, you didn't earn that kill". They're not an actual problem in the game balancing sense, it's just that their attacks often just don't feel satisfying to die to, especially when the kill cam shows him not even aiming at you.

Mei's choose to be evil though. They put up walls separating enemy and teammate alike. They can become immovable assholes that you can't do anything about. And because of how they freeze and then kill you while you're helpless, there is an extra sense of sadism. Tracers and Junkrats kill you because that's their job. Mei's kill you because they like it.

They know who the carry is.

Consider it an honor.

I consider it a curse.

Not as much of a curse as not being able to sleep when I have work in a few hours though.

Mei's choose to be evil though. They put up walls separating enemy and teammate alike. They can become immovable assholes that you can't do anything about. And because of how they freeze and then kill you while you're helpless, there is an extra sense of sadism. Tracers and Junkrats kill you because that's their job. Mei's kill you because they like it.

I'm beginning to think you may have some issues you need to deal with. A particularly cold ex, perhaps?

Feel like 3+ man premades are the bane of my existence lately.

Had 3 or 4 tonight that absolutely refuse to heal and rather throw the game that dare swap from their precious DPS characters.

Danj

I've put in some work as Soldier on comp on EU this morning.

wOYfViW.jpg

Still not quite back to 1500 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom