• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

rage snip

It's not just you. I ranked at the beginning of the Season with some agreeable matches, coming in at 2565. I thought "Great, time to meet some players of the same skill level who want to play as a team." Nope. Proceeded to lose 10 painful games in a row. I don't mean tight matches that ended in losses, it was 10 massacres in a row. I've been playing QP since then and enjoying the game far more. (and encountering far more skilled players).

In the 8th and 9th games, I just saw it as fact. I was being matched with DPS that couldn't beat my KDR when I was playing as Zen (and I don't mean assists, I mean 100 kills), I was being matched with healers who didn't respond to healing calls (No, I wasn't Tracer 10 miles behind enemy lines) and would just heal the tank. I know Level shouldn't be indicative of skill but I couldn't believe I was meeting Level 65+ as Soliders who couldn't finish off the enemies I'd severely weakened.

Greddleok

I don't like snipers in general. Nothing is fun about getting one shot from a distance without knowing what happened. At least there's a kill cam so you can tell you team where the sniper is.

I just don't think snipers are fun!

I guess the nerfs to every characters ult is an indication that Blizzard is at least giving some thought to the complaints of the game being too ult heavy.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After opening a dozen or so boxes, I finally got a worthwhile Halloween unlock - Mei's Ice Scream intro. I love it.

Im almost level 200 so I look forward to those 20 easy boxes, really need dat Mercy and Roadhog skin.

Kuro

Every opposing McCree is aimbotting lol.

Yeah its actually horrendous. aKm losing so many 1v1s with just random Mccrees is suspicious as shit. I don't know how anyone can stand the Korean scene when there are so many hackers in comp.

Skii

Yeah its actually horrendous. aKm losing so many 1v1s with just random Mccrees is suspicious as shit. I don't know how anyone can stand the Korean scene when there are so many hackers in comp.

Yup it's quite sad. One of the best DPS players in the world and he just went 6-13 in a game.

Redmoon

Presumably thats one of the reasons why alot of Koreans play on the American region. To avoid the cheating.

Kuro

Ana is so broken right now in the meta. Its nano boosts left and right and insta kill grenades on flankers and sleeping ults. Way too powerful.

Veelk

Banned
I don't like snipers in general. Nothing is fun about getting one shot from a distance without knowing what happened. At least there's a kill cam so you can tell you team where the sniper is.

I just don't think snipers are fun!

That's the crux of the sniper problem. If she can't snipe well, she's worthless. If she can, she's OP. The middle point where she's balanced is very, very small. Which is why I'd rather see her non sniping capabilities buffed. Let her throw down more venom mines and let her swing around like spiderman. This will make her more viable as a character while keeping her sniping very difficult to do. Atleast on console.

NeoRaider

Imo. they need to reduce Widowmaker's grappling hook cooldown!

I don't know why it never happened, because when attacked by some heroes and in close combat she is such a easy target and you basically can't do anything but try to run away and jump. I would play her more but that GH cooldown is painful.

xaosslug

what if one of Symm's reworked abilities is that for a few seconds she can create a huge shield that surrounds her, similar to Winston's bubble except it's smaller (about the size of S76's biotic field), moves with her, it's open from above, and maybe it could do a little damage to enemies that breach it? She wouldn't be able to do anything else while the field is up, tho. That would be super interesting and add some new dynamic to team comp, imo!

Greddleok

That's the crux of the sniper problem. If she can't snipe well, she's worthless. If she can, she's OP. The middle point where she's balanced is very, very small. Which is why I'd rather see her non sniping capabilities buffed. Let her throw down more venom mines and let her swing around like spiderman. This will make her more viable as a character while keeping her sniping very difficult to do. Atleast on console.

Or just entirely rework her. She can still be an assassin, maybe with a stealth ability. I really don't think that snipers fit into overwatch.

I was watching Harbleu last night and he said he loves the changes. He also said Zarya would be dead and buried.

And to those of you losing 10 games in a row, what on Earth is possessing you to keep clicking 'find game' after your 4th, 5th 6th, loss in a row?! Especially when you are so obviously raging by that point.

And if your wondering 'why is the enemy team always amazing and my team is always stupid idiots?' The answer is simple they're not. It's confirmation bias.

66mlRQ.gif

Sometimes Daddy needs to put away the toys.

DevilDog

I agree tbh. she should be the coolest character in Overwatch. she's not.
Stealth is impossible to balance SPY tf2 style

Imo. they need to reduce Widowmaker's grappling hook cooldown!

I don't know why it never happened, because when attacked by some heroes and in close combat she is such a easy target and you basically can't do anything but try to run away and jump. I would play her more but that GH cooldown is painful.

So yeah, just make her overpowered both in close and long range.

Skii

Is 800 DPI and 6 sensitivity good enough? Or is the sensitivity too high? I've been playing and even though this has been my settings for 21 ranks now, it still feels a bit too erratic. Problem is that if I lower it anymore, I won't be able to do 180 turns with one swipe from the centre of my pad.

Do you guys also have different sensitivity settings for each character or is it one standard one that fits all?

Veelk

Banned
So yeah, just make her overpowered both in close and long range.

How would the grapple hook make her OP? Her current assault rifle sucks and the grapple hook is one of the less effective mobility abilities in general (you have to aim it, wait for the hook to hit something, the opponents can tell where you'll be going ahead of time). I just want her to be more mobile so she doesn't immediately die as soon as someone glances in her direction.

Man, I can't solo queue this game anymore. Why am I the only cunt on hollywood defense holding up my rein shield against half of the team, while my jokers of a team are jerking off somewhere? Why am I alone on the fucking target??

Tovarisc

After good games with wins and loses and some climbing game is now giving me teams of total tools, that can't hit fucking wall that is 2m in front of them. SR tanking super fast again.

This game really loves to give you some love for few hours and then bitchslap you to walls for days after that.

Redmoon

Is 800 DPI and 6 sensitivity good enough? Or is the sensitivity too high? I've been playing and even though this has been my settings for 21 ranks now, it still feels a bit too erratic. Problem is that if I lower it anymore, I won't be able to do 180 turns with one swipe from the centre of my pad.

Do you guys also have different sensitivity settings for each character or is it one standard one that fits all?

I use 400DPI at 10 (with 40 scope sens for scopes on ana/widow). All sensitivities are the same for every character. I'm also running an os mouse fix, whether or not this effects the game, i dont know, I just have it anyway.

Maybe get a larger mouse area/pad and lower your sens by 1 at least and see how it goes? Larger mouse area can do wonders. It did for me.

Anyway, for me, it takes like ~7 inches to do a 180, and I have ~16 inches of comfortable moving space left to right, up to down. I find this is a good balance between sensitivity speed, and accuracy for a game like overwatch (i want to be accurate with the dps, but still have a good sensitivity that can keep up with the games pace.)

Compare that to what I used to run with csgo where it took almost the whole 16" area to do a 180 :p

komaruR

just play what you're comfortable with. i personally play 3200dpi with 6 sens since im bad with arm movement. it works fine for me but most people will say its too high lol.

Prelude.

Mostly the same with a few characters tweaked. Like Winston's slightly higher, McCree, Tracer, Hanzo lower. Scoped in Widow is also lower than default but I never pick her so there's that.

kuppy

Aw man, I just had a ranked match where I was Tracer and just constantly stalked the enemy Bastion. Poor guy couldn't do a thing, well besides maybe switching to a different hero, which he decided not to do.

NeoRaider

How would the grapple hook make her OP? Her current assault rifle sucks and the grapple hook is one of the less effective mobility abilities in general (you have to aim it, wait for the hook to hit something, the opponents can tell where you'll be going ahead of time). I just want her to be more mobile so she doesn't immediately die as soon as someone glances in her direction.

Exactly. And someone will say: "Well Ana is even in worse situation than Widow." But at least she has sleep dart that can help her a lot in close combat and i feel like she is just more powerful when unscoped compared to the Widow. Widow's rifle is very bad.

I took an afternoon nap and had a strange dream.
I was Zenyatta on the Nepal temple map, in the spawn waiting with the team during the pre match countdown.
A winston appears on the other side of the door (not possible, this ain't defense son) and as soon as the door opens he starts tickle tesla-ing me from behind his shield.
The rest of my team just run off and leave me to die as the mighty electric beam somehow overpowers the spawn area healing capabilities to kill me.
I lament my team for just leaving me without trying to help, then I awoke...

Now maybe, just maybe I've been playing too much Overwatch but boy that dream was almost a mirror of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom