• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever proven that the game tries to put you in a 1:1 win/loss ratio, because this losing streak is just.... agh, I get people can have bad days, but a whole week?

Tovarisc

I pimped out Mercy's staff.
overwatch_2016_10_22_thyfr.png

Anne

Is 800 DPI and 6 sensitivity good enough? Or is the sensitivity too high? I've been playing and even though this has been my settings for 21 ranks now, it still feels a bit too erratic. Problem is that if I lower it anymore, I won't be able to do 180 turns with one swipe from the centre of my pad.

Do you guys also have different sensitivity settings for each character or is it one standard one that fits all?

You don't have to 180 from center, you can lift and 180 from the edge of your mousepad. If you dont want to do that then you need a bigger mousepad.

Hellix

I don't understand why people throw games or be completely stubborn. Lost two straight games by same person on my team refusing to change from Widowmaker, then trolling as Torb.

Was it ever proven that the game tries to put you in a 1:1 win/loss ratio, because this losing streak is just.... agh, I get people can have bad days, but a whole week?
It tries to match you with and against players of equal skill, so the result would naturally be about a 50% winrate for most players, although people of really high skill levels can have winrates closer to 60-70%.

For at least my first 20 or so comp games, I managed around 60%. Can't say how I did it though.

Skii

I use 400DPI at 10 (with 40 scope sens for scopes on ana/widow). All sensitivities are the same for every character. I'm also running an os mouse fix, whether or not this effects the game, i dont know, I just have it anyway.

Maybe get a larger mouse area/pad and lower your sens by 1 at least and see how it goes? Larger mouse area can do wonders. It did for me.

Anyway, for me, it takes like ~7 inches to do a 180, and I have ~16 inches of comfortable moving space left to right, up to down. I find this is a good balance between sensitivity speed, and accuracy for a game like overwatch (i want to be accurate with the dps, but still have a good sensitivity that can keep up with the games pace.)

Compare that to what I used to run with csgo where it took almost the whole 16" area to do a 180 :p

My mouse mat gives me about 5.5 inches either side. I can't really increase this because of my set up. I just lack the physical space.

I might try lowering my settings by 0.25 and see how it feels after a couple more sessions.

But it seems like my current set up is on the lower side according to the responses lol. I dont know if that's good or bad as this is my first M+K experience for FPS.

just play what you're comfortable with. i personally play 3200dpi with 6 sens since im bad with arm movement. it works fine for me but most people will say its too high lol.

3200dpi?? That sounds crazy. You probably do 720 no scopes with Widow :p

I'm still not getting anything good from the Halloween Boxes, best has been the Tombstone Bastion skin.

It tries to match you with and against players of equal skill, so the result would naturally be about a 50% winrate for most players, although people of really high skill levels can have winrates closer to 60-70%.

For at least my first 20 or so comp games, I managed around 60%. Can't say how I did it though.

I've been teetering on the 51% win rate, between losing consistently and getting jack shit out of the +20 Halloween boxes I've grinded for, it's been a discouraging week for me to play.

Maybe I should go play Battlefield 1 when that comes out

Edit: Well.... I guess my Ana's hero rank is okay, it was in the mid 30% a few days ago, so at least it's a sign that I'm improving with her.

Even if my SR has been jumping everywhere:

Ramirez

Next game is 3 teams of 2 against randoms, lose 30 points. I fucking loathe this games matchmaking.

Quitter in the next game!

3480 down to 3360 in a matter of a few games. What a piece of shit, lol.

Tovarisc

How to spot someone who has been carried into Diamond?

Instalock Widowmaker when in Att on Hanamura. Doesn't get single kill during 4min that is given to attack 1st point. At no point he switches to hero that would benefit team or he would get something done with.

Of did I mention he was in 2stack and his friend instalocked Bastion as offensive option?

We got stomped so hard it wasn't even funny. Then stomped again as defender.

darklin0

Banned
How to spot someone who has been carried into Diamond?

Instalock Widowmaker when in Att on Hanamura. Doesn't get single kill during 4min that is given to attack 1st point. At no point he switches to hero that would benefit team or he would get something done with.

Of did I mention he was in 2stack and his friend instalocked Bastion as offensive option?

We got stomped so hard it wasn't even funny. Then stomped again as defender.
Or a person who switches to Winston when the enemy has a Reaper. I always feel like their though process is, "Let me feed their ults some more."

AbaFadi

Banned
Next game is 3 teams of 2 against randoms, lose 30 points. I fucking loathe this games matchmaking.

Quitter in the next game!

3480 down to 3360 in a matter of a few games. What a piece of shit, lol.

This game has bad matchmaking. I keep getting paired up with people who are really bad and don't know what they're doing. My last game yesterday I had silver damage as Reinhardt on Numbani. What's even worse is that I lose 40 points for these games too.

Down from 3920 to 3738. RIP rank.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/AbadabadaFadi/trends?mode=competitive

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that Blizzard put out a warning that they were going to be doing all sorts of crazy stuff on the PTR and not to take it at face value

and now I see articles from game website 'OMG PHARAH NERFED' and the overwatch pharah mains going insane.

konjak

I love that Blizzard put out a warning that they were going to be doing all sorts of crazy stuff on the PTR and not to take it at face value

and now I see articles from game website 'OMG PHARAH NERFED' and the overwatch pharah mains going insane.

... what are they testing with Pharah on the PTR?

I never really heard complaints about her.

Redmoon

They need to have a big red box with white letters popup, like the leaver warnings, every time you start the PTR with the message "These changes are not final and probably will not go live unchanged" in all caps :p

People don't read pins and whatnot :/

Alright damn, I have no choice but to step my game up and hit plat then. I think I'm at like 1800 or something...gotta get a streak goin.

I really wish I would've waited til I was like level 40ish before I placed. I hit 25 and jumped right in, entering in at 2151.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alright damn, I have no choice but to step my game up and hit plat then. I think I'm at like 1800 or something...gotta get a streak goin.

I really wish I would've waited til I was like level 40ish before I placed. I hit 25 and jumped right in, entering in at 2151.

I mean, your points are going to carry over.

TrueBlue

One second away from a comp win. Genji literally arrives with one second left and ults, gives his team the precious leeway to get back on the payload, and we lose.

Would have gone above 2500 as well.

exYle

Having pretty good luck in Solo Queue comp by using my mic and trying to avoid being as salty as I possibly can. Except for one game, where I was told to "stop talking, faggot." Fuck, dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom