• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Lost a KOTH map up 2-0 and the other team had no tanks and two snipers. I was fucking healing like crazy but my team's dps and tanks couldn't kill shit. That was a low point for my Overwatch career I think. But still finished the session 3-1 overall so I'm not gonna be too upset. .

WhyMe6

So far I've gotten two legendaries across 10 or so Halloween boxes: Jester Junkrat and Alt Mecha Pharah. Thanks, Blizzard.

Lost a KOTH map up 2-0 and the other team had no tanks and two snipers. I was fucking healing like crazy but my team's dps and tanks couldn't kill shit. That was a low point for my Overwatch career I think. But still finished the session 3-1 overall so I'm not gonna be too upset. .

I lost a match with Gaffers this morning in somewhat similar circumstances. It was Dorado against a team with two Widows and they kicked our arses. It was great!

Skii

so you gonna main pc instead of ps4 now? the comp is almost over soon, just do it! :p
though i havent touch pc for a while. was back to ps4 playing with friends

Yeah definitely maining PC over PS4 now. Even though I suck big time, it just feels so much better to have far superior control over your character. Genji is basically a different beast on PC because of how quickly and precisely you can turn. I'll definitely jump in soon but I'm expecting to be thrown into silver. Maybe season 3 I'll be able to aim for diamond.

I might play PS4 just before the season ends as I was at 2800 and I'd love to get diamond.

Seeing roadhog when i play tracer is like having a wetdream.

That is, until he hooks and blasts you away with his scrap gun. Repeatedly. And then you rage switch to another hero.

It's like one of those 50/50 scenarios, if the roadhog is at all accurate with hook consistency it's the second post, if they're mediocre however than its like "a giant charge ult here" hitbox to unload upon.

tfw you gain 100 points and then proceed to lose all of them in a single play session ;-;

Lulz, this is a daily thing for me. I hate playing qp anymore and only play comp. I usually play all thru the night...like 6 or 7 hour sessions.

My SR is like a fuckin roller coaster, it's wutever tho...I need a golden gun.

Holy FUCK GAF. Proceeded to lose 10 ranked matches in a row in these wee hours of the night. People don't even try it seems. Went from 2600 to 2300. It's absurd how many people don't even respond, type back, or anything. But what I want to know is,,

WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING INTO THE GAMES WITH THESE PEOPLE ON MY TEAM EVERY SINGLE TIME?!?!!!!!!?????????!!

it's crazy, because I see solid players on the other side, but when I get into a match I get paired up with the totally scum bags who all want to pick dps stuff like widow hanzo and soldier non stop.

WJHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYUYYYYYYYYY

I'M SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW. NEED TO CALL IT A NIGHT

I'm forced to heal for them but they can't get kills. Then I pick a DPS class but that doesn't make them go healer. wtf am I supposed to do!?!??!!!!!!?

God I'm raging so hard right now. I can't calm myself down

Kabuto

Bastion is soooo good haha. I avoided using him because I didn't want to be a "Bastion Noob" but I don't care anymore; I'm using him in QP. He just shuts down everyone but Widow, Hanzo, and Pharah; I luh him.

Prelude.

Pharah
Rocket Launcher

-Minimum explosion damage has been increased to 25% of rocket’s total damage (formerly 12%)
-Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0% of rocket’s total knockback (formerly 75%)
So rockets don't knockback anymore on splash?

Mercy
-Passive health regeneration now kicks in when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (formerly 3 seconds)
Good? Probably not a huge deal but 1 second is not a lot of time, might be a little too much.

Holy FUCK GAF. Proceeded to lose 10 ranked matches in a row in these wee hours of the night. People don't even try it seems. Went from 2600 to 2300. It's absurd how many people don't even respond, type back, or anything. But what I want to know is,,

WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING INTO THE GAMES WITH THESE PEOPLE ON MY TEAM EVERY SINGLE TIME?!?!!!!!!?????????!!

it's crazy, because I see solid players on the other side, but when I get into a match I get paired up with the totally scum bags who all want to pick dps stuff like widow hanzo and soldier non stop.

I'm forced to heal for them but they can't get kills. Then I pick a DPS class but that doesn't make them go healer. wtf am I supposed to do!?!??!!!!!!?

Smoke your head on strait and get back in there.

RedHill

Banned
I find myself to be a pretty decent player, but when I finally got around to placement matches for competitive, I just lost across the board. It was awful.

matmanx1

I find myself to be a pretty decent player, but when I finally got around to placement matches for competitive, I just lost across the board. It was awful.

Performance anxiety is a real thing. I'm the same way. I just keep reminding myself that I am doing this for fun and that should be my goal. Playing loose and having fun generally means that I will be doing better than when I am stressed about performing.

Good luck and keep at it!

RedHill

Banned
Performance anxiety is a real thing. I'm the same way. I just keep reminding myself that I am doing this for fun and that should be my goal. Playing loose and having fun generally means that I will be doing better than when I am stressed about performing.

Good luck and keep at it!
Thank you, that's totally accurate. I get myself into a flustered mindstate in competitive because I'm so focused on trying not to lose and I end up sabotaging myself

Redmoon

Those PTR widow changes, nice to see her getting love too. I still think her hook needs to be looked at. Like maybe it goes off CD on an elim or something.

DevilDog

Those PTR widow changes, nice to see her getting love too. I still think her hook needs to be looked at. Like maybe it goes off CD on an elim or something.

The only explanation I have for your hapiness is that you're on console.

Buff her a bit on PC and she literally breaks the game. I'd rather not play Overwatch at all than having widow in the game. If she is viable she is literally a nightmare.

eROPc2t.jpg

Wtf Blizzard?

:|

That was the closest match you could manage? Dem competitive life struggles lol.

Skii

Yeah an overwatch where widow is good is not an overwatch I'd want to play.

Yeah I just had a Widow terrorise my team. We couldn't do anything. She'd instantly get 2 kills before even the fight had a chance to start. I've never experienced a good Widow before because I used to be a PS4 player but it was absolutely awful. She was headshotting me as Genji so many times. Arguably the least enjoyable match I've played on this game.

Wtf Blizzard?

:|

That was the closest match you could manage? Dem competitive life struggles lol.

Dat balanced matchmaking. That's definitely a glitch though.

I had never even seen those numbered symbols before lolol, my brother (the other guy in my group) was like omg.

Competitive with pickup groups can be a struggle at the best of times for us haha, don't need that stuff too. :p

Redmoon

The only explanation I have for your hapiness is that you're on console.

Buff her a bit on PC and she literally breaks the game. I'd rather not play Overwatch at all than having widow in the game. If she is viable she is literally a nightmare.

I play on PC tho :p

I miss my happy widow days at launch, so I'm happy she's getting love cause playing her on live feels more like a burden to the team than anything.

On the real, she is seems better with this PTR change. Not enough to make her OP, but its a nice pace/capability increase for her.

DevilDog

I play on PC tho :p

I miss my happy widow days at launch, so I'm happy she's getting love cause playing her on live feels more like a burden to the team than anything.

On the real, she is seems better with this PTR change. Not enough to make her OP, but its a nice pace/capability increase for her.

You and I will never be friends.

On the real as well, unless the get rid of her one shot capability, I doubt she will ever be balanced.

Redmoon

You and I will never be friends.

On the real as well, unless the get rid of her one shot capability, I doubt she will ever be balanced.

:< I'll be sure to call a truce if we ever cross paths ingame (if your on pc and im widow :3)

And one shot could be worse, she could do 600 dmg with just a longer charge time to offset the damage. Snipers have always been the hardest to balance, and have always been disliked because of their capabilities. I dont dislike them. I'm biased. Your talking to someone that heavily enjoyed playing on upwards of 64 slot (and some servers being instant respawn too) AWP servers in Counter Strike :p.

Niks

Same here.
Lost 6 straight matches, I was fuming too. Terrible terrible teams, these are people with 100+ levels....

You're supposed to take a break after 2-3 losses.

Lesson learned.

Kysen

Put in 1hr with the mercy change on PTR, you really notice it around incidental damage. Darting in and out of rooms/pillars or mad ADAD gets you just enough ticks of regen to survive. Not enough to really help against high skilled opponents though.

Beat team ranked 300+ points higher than me, only get 14 SR. T.T

This happened to me, I went back and checked all my teams SR. We had a 4k SR player on the team (I'm 3.2k). So I guess that screwed the calculation.

Pharah
Rocket Launcher
Minimum explosion damage has been increased to 25% of rocket’s total damage (formerly 12%)
Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0% of rocket’s total knockback (formerly 75%)
is this to stop rocket jumping/building momentum using it?

DevilDog

Hanzo has a much easier one shot ability tho. At least widow has to aim reasonably well. Hanzo can just point at your feet and it's done
We're talking about PC.

:< I'll be sure to call a truce if we ever cross paths ingame (if your on pc and im widow :3)

And one shot could be worse, she could do 600 dmg with just a longer charge time to offset the damage. Snipers have always been the hardest to balance, and have always been disliked because of their capabilities. I dont dislike them. I'm biased. Your talking to someone that heavily enjoyed playing on upwards of 64 slot (and some servers being instant respawn too) AWP servers in Counter Strike :p.

You sound confident. What's your rank?

Was on a good streak after losing 200 points over the last couple of days, got back to mid 3300 and felt like I'd break 3400. The match to close in on 3400 we literally destroyed the enemy and capped the point almost as soon as we could (in Nepal), of course someone on their team then leaves within a minute and the match ends lol. Then next game I have a couple of masters and top 500's on my team, but they choose the likes of Widow, Hanzo etc (something I've noticed with A LOT of the top 500 players I've played with), and we also have no other tanks (bar myself), I don't have to say how that went...

DevilDog

Not in the slightest, but 2437 FeelsBadMan

I'll get up there slowly. In due time hopefully. I need to find the time to play more comp anyway.

I wish for you to reach diamond. I really do.

And then you'll get crushed by widowmakers and you'll rue the day you wanted her buffed. You haven't seen the things I've seen. And guess you're a mercy main. You're in for a treat.

Redmoon

I wish for you to reach diamond. I really do.

And then you'll get crushed by widowmakers and you'll rue the day you wanted her buffed. You haven't seen the things I've seen. And guess you're a mercy main. You're in for a treat.

I wanted to be a Mercy main(or have her be my support hero) back in the beta (I did well and my medic style synced well with her/OW), but I eventually found out alot of players dont protect you so I abandoned that.
I actually have most of my time on DPS :3

Guess I'll need to reach diamond. Very few people around this level pick Widow from my comp games. And if they do, they dont stay her for long. And if they do stay her, they dont do well accuracy wise.

Anne

I dig the mercy buff quite a bit.

I'm extremely hopeful that they do just keep the ult charge nerf and push a lot of changes like this. It's a bit drastic but that vision of the game seems more fun to me.

BPK

I was very excited to hear that Blizzard has as many as six new maps in the pipeline. The new map is wonderful and so I can't wait to see what they have for us. I'm hoping for locations in France, Scandinavia, South America, and Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom