• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having pretty good luck in Solo Queue comp by using my mic and trying to avoid being as salty as I possibly can. Except for one game, where I was told to "stop talking, faggot." Fuck, dude

Yeah, this is my strategy as well. I feel like if I can get at least one or 2 others on their mic and playing for the team, we have a good chance of winning.

Even if they aren't on mic, but at least in the voice chat it's super helpful.

And yeah, if someone starts the dumb shit I jus go in on them and they shut up...especially if you call out their play when you see that they stay dyin or jus constantly feed.

I can't help but be a little disappointed when I have gold Elims and silver damage as Zenyatta. If they opposing team's Pharah was even ok, it would have brought my team to it knees.

I mean, we won, but damn.

Btw, any tips on hitting her with Zen? I'm too used to hitscan. PS4, btw.
Having pretty good luck in Solo Queue comp by using my mic and trying to avoid being as salty as I possibly can. Except for one game, where I was told to "stop talking, faggot." Fuck, dude

Another player in one of my games was asking the team how to mute someone. Of course that someone was me, because I was proposing a plan to attack the point. Sad.

I can't help but be a little disappointed when I have gold Elims and silver damage as Zenyatta. If they opposing team's Pharah was even ok, it would have brought my team to it knees.

I mean, we won, but damn.

Btw, any tips on hitting her with Zen? I'm too used to hitscan.

I'm not the greatest player but I have decent luck against pharah as zen.

Discord, and try to anticipate their movement is pretty much all you can do imo.

Skii

I got POTG with Genji and someone typed on the chat "nice Q weeb". There are so many people on PC who are just passive aggressive. It's no reason to report but it is annoying. I replied with "Thanks for the support :D" to let them know it didn't get to me but it kinda did.

LiK

I got POTG with Genji and someone typed on the chat "nice Q weeb". There are so many people on PC who are just passive aggressive. It's no reason to report but it is annoying. I replied with "Thanks for the support :D" to let them know it didn't get to me but it kinda did.

better off just not replying at all.

darklin0

Banned

He knows he got to you. You should of replied, "Arigatou [bnettag]-senpai! ~(^-^)~"

I just realised that Mercy is the only healer who has to switch weapons to do damage

I'm not sure if that still makes sense considering Ana'a burst healing now outclasses Mercy's single target healing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just realised that Mercy is the only healer who has to switch weapons to do damage

I'm not sure if that still makes sense considering Ana'a burst healing now outclasses Mercy's single target healing.

And a grenade that does big burst healing, anti heal, heal buff, a sleep Dart that's one of the best CCs in the game, and a no drop off sniper.

Meanwhile mercy can... Fly i guess.

Why is mercy in the game again?

Alucrid

Banned
And a grenade that does big burst healing, anti heal, heal buff, a sleep Dart that's one of the best CCs in the game, and a no drop off sniper.

i agree. just give ana the witch costume and delete mercy from the game

Veelk

Banned

Yeah, that's the inherent limit of Mercy.

She can either heal, buff, or do damage at any one time. Zenyatta can heal, debuff, and do damage all at once. Lucio can heal, buff, and do damage at once. Ana can heal or damage, but doesn't have to switch between guns to do so and her buff is her ultimate.

I don't know how to solve this one. The obvious answer is to have her be better at the things she's doing at any given moment, but we all know that it's really hard to do that without overpowering her.

She also self heals, if that helps.

Skii

He knows he got to you. You should of replied, "Arigatou [bnettag]-senpai! ~(^-^)~"

I'm not composed enough to come up with a response like this.

better off just not replying at all.

Yeah I probably just need to grow a thicker skin as I never had to deal with any real toxicitiy on PS4 whilst I get negative comments or awful people on the mic fairly regularly and this is only on QP. I'm scared to see what happens on competitive.

Damage Amp > Lucio's gun every day of the week

Nah. Lucio's gun can also boop people off the map or boop ulting characters. His offensive potential is far greater than damage amp.

LiK

I'm not composed enough to come up with a response like this.

Yeah I probably just need to grow a thicker skin as I never had to deal with any real toxicitiy on PS4 whilst I get negative comments or awful people on the mic fairly regularly and this is only on QP. I'm scared to see what happens on competitive.

Nah. Lucio's gun can also boop people off the map or boop ulting characters. His offensive potential is far greater than damage amp.

Or put "LOL". Usually, laugh it off and they'll shut up. :)

Antiwhippy

Yeah, that's the inherent limit of Mercy.

She can either heal, buff, or do damage at any one time. Zenyatta can heal, debuff, and do damage all at once. Lucio can heal, buff, and do damage at once. Ana can heal or damage, but doesn't have to switch between guns to do so and her buff is her ultimate.

I don't know how to solve this one. The obvious answer is to have her be better at the things she's doing at any given moment, but we all know that it's really hard to do that without overpowering her.

She also self heals, if that helps.

Every healer can self heal.

Depending on the range the fight happens ana can self heal, damage and deny healing against her attacker all at the same time. I've seen a lot of anas being able to 1 v 1 tracers, mccrees and genjis.

Kalentan

The more and more I play of competitive (Plat) on Consoles, I know some will disagree with me no doubt. But I can't wait for those Zarya nerfs. I legit believe that out of any characters in the game right now, that she is over powered. Super strong, super tanky, and that shield is just insane.

carlos

The more and more I play of competitive (Plat) on Consoles, I know some will disagree with me no doubt. But I can't wait for those Zarya nerfs. I legit believe that out of any characters in the game right now, that she is over powered. Super strong, super tanky, and that shield is just insane.
Agreed 100%
Any comp match with no zarya on our team is usually a loss, or at least a pain in the arse to win.

xaosslug

was it a teammate or an opponent?

teammate reply: 'Instead of trying to think up witty insults in chat put in work so your teammates don't have to carry you so hard!'

opponent reply: 'Apologies, but were you one of my victims? I'm sorry I was seeing y'all's names on my screen so much s'all a blur...'

I find her toolkit Super fun.

image.php

Inb4 I get avatar quoted.

antitrop

Just give em the gg ez. The macros it changes to are hilarious.

xaosslug

Mei is a character whose entire toolkit is based on anti-fun. The game would be better off without her.

did you play her in arcade? Probably the most fun I've had in OW was playing Mei in arcade.

it's hard to have fun w/ her in qp or ranked, tho. Because whenever I play her I'm insta-targeted. T__T

Nimby

Banned
Made a thread about Ana vs. Mercy healing. Someone tried to tell me how broken Mercy's regen is now...

Most Battle.net forumgoers have little to no understanding of game balance it seems. Mei and Hanzo are broken af (and Genji still) but Ana is perfectly fine guys.

Perfectly. Fine. A good Ana wins entire games.

You have the strongest healing capabilities
The ability to double healing outputs from all sources
The ability to provide a instant 100 heal to multiple teammates
The ability to deny enemy healing
The ability to deny enemy ultimates
The ability to stun problematic enemies for the LONGEST period of time
The ability to do decent damage while consistently healing
The greatest survivability and protection out of all the supports (sleep dart and grenade)
The ability to buff damage
The ability to buff defense
The ability to buff speed

What does Mercy have?

The ability to heal
The ability to damage buff
The ability to regen
A flying ability designed to avoid enemies
The ability to revive once fallen teammates

Redmoon

If anyone cares, I charted a comparison between PTR and Live Widow's charge speed. From the first non 0% to 100%.

PTR ends up being around 16% faster to a full charge than live. Even though the change says 20% faster...hmm.

http://www.onlinecharttool.com/graph/view/9b97f2aff60d

If you want raw data, its under the "Add Data" tab. To find the time it took to a specific percent, just take the frame number (x value) of that percent (y value), and divide by 120 to get the milliseconds.

Got my first Dragonblade POTG where I spraypainted at the end of it. Feels good. :D

Even if it wasn't the most impressive thing ever, I still did it.

Mei is a character whose entire toolkit is based on anti-fun. The game would be better off without her.

As a person who used to hate Mei, by the time I started using Zenyatta and Ana more, the more I noticed that Mei isn't honestly all that broken or OP. Annoying at times for sure, but... I don't know, she's not a major problem imo.

She's really effective at stalling objectives and area denial, but that's more on the case of all the other defense heroes aren't that good.

Antiwhippy

Well both really. :p I just posted the gif because I thought it was funny.

It's more like I see people going "pls switch to mccree to deal with pharah" and unless you're halfway decent with mccree, don't bother, because if you're halfway decent with mccree you'd be maining him already.

You talk about Mccree but that Genji was ass too, like I didn't even know who the gif was mocking at first.
The gif title is "every time I play genji" :p

Think it's either intentionally bad or someone showing how bad they are at genji. It's v relatable tho, I am very bad at aiming with him specifically and I don't know why.

Well both really. :p I just posted the gif because I thought it was funny.

It's more like I see people going "pls switch to mccree to deal with pharah" and unless you're halfway decent with mccree, don't bother, because if you're halfway decent with mccree you'd be maining him already.

In that case, use Winston.

matmanx1

As a person who used to hate Mei, by the time I started using Zenyatta and Ana more, the more I noticed that Mei isn't honestly all that broken or OP. Annoying at times for sure, but... I don't know, she's not a major problem imo.

She's really effective at stalling objectives and area denial, but that's more on the case of all the other defense heroes aren't that good.

I just played a game on Nepal where I was backfilled in to a losing side 0 - 89% on the first round. I hit "tab" saw we didn't have a tank and picked Winston. I figured Round 1 was a lost cause but maybe I could get in there and do some damage and so I rushed to the point only to find that the other team had 4 (FOUR!) Mei's.

Shockingly, we were able to turn the tide and win not only round 1 but round 2 as well. Our team counter picked a couple of Reaper's, a Bastion a Lucio and a Mercy so we were able to heal through the constant barrage of ice and with Winston I was able to jump around out of the freeze beam and be a big pain in the neck for them.

I'm having a blast with Winston lately in general, actually. If I can get a competent healer on my team then he's extremely effective at causing chaos and a lot of fun at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom