• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

I just started playing him last week. He's amazing.

Ikr?? Things you can do with him...
I love throwing discord orbs and killing them after that. It's amazing when you get 3 or more kills. He is also very helpful for the team imo. Great hero, i am kinda sad i didn't "discover" him earlier. But like i said before that's the beauty of this game.

Ikr?? Things you can do with him...
I love throwing discord orbs and killing them after that. It's amazing when you get 3 or more kills. He is also very helpful for the team imo. Great hero, i am kinda sad i didn't "discover" him earlier. But like i said before that's the beauty of this game.

I started playing him because I got the Sunyatta skin from a loot box and figured I might as well make use of it.

antitrop

Say hello to my new favorite! King Zenyatta!

Zenyatta%20Post-Patch%20-%20Inside%20News%20Header.png

He is SOOOO good. And i hated him at first. Literally had 15 minutes played till few days ago.

Zenyatta is easily one of the most satisfying characters to play. I give main healers a run for their money on the Gold healing medal AND do significant DPS work on top of that. He's such a beast.

You feel like Commander of the Battlefield with him. Perched on high ground, surveying the battle, making positional calls, spot healing, and marking targets for death. It's so much fun.

They really need to do something about Widow, they don't need to make as powerful as she used to be, just let be a viable option and a garbage one.

Yeah, either reduce the cool-down on her grappling hook, or let her use it as a stun on someone who gets in her face. Or both.

Menome

Who do I petition to keep Mobawatch as a permanent game-mode? Much prefer it this way than having three Genjis on my team.

Who do I petition to keep Mobawatch as a permanent game-mode? Much prefer it this way than having three Genjis on my team.

And Mystery Heroes. Much prefer stuff like that to the "Only play as one class/two characters/whatever arbitrary selection of characters" crap we usually get.

Nekrono

I honestly feel I belong in Platinum league, probably somewhere around the 2700 SR range but due to queuing up solo I ended up around 2200 after my placement matches and then came down to a measly 1800 range.

Fuck solo queue in this game.

NeoRaider

Zenyatta is easily one of the most satisfying characters to play. I give main healers a run for their money on the Gold healing medal AND do significant DPS work on top of that. He's such a beast.

You feel like Commander of the Battlefield with him. Perched on high ground, surveying the battle, making positional calls, spot healing, and marking targets for death. It's so much fun.

Preach! So true.

antitrop

I honestly feel I belong in Platinum league, probably somewhere around the 2700 SR range but due to queuing up solo I ended up around 2200 after my placement matches and then came down to a measly 1800 range.

I was Rank 65 in Season 1, so I feel I should at least be low Diamond this season, but the game is very much making it clear to me that I belong at ~2750.

I was Rank 65 in Season 1, so I feel I should at least be low Diamond this season, but the game is very much making it clear to me that I belong at ~2750.

Well, realize that (for PSN), Top 500, started at Rank 76 in season 1. However, in Season 2, Top 500 has started around 3500, which blizz says is the equivalent to level 70.

So something didn't transfer over right.

Well, realize that (for PSN), Top 500, started at Rank 76 in season 1. However, in Season 2, Top 500 has started around 3500, which blizz says is the equivalent to level 70.

So something didn't transfer over right.
Not true about season 1. I got top 500 at rank 72, and my highest was 73. I think top 500 was thrown out once you got to rank 70 or so. So it's somewhat the same.

antitrop

Preach! So true.

The one thing about Zen is that he's probably the most important character in the game to be using a mic with. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking on the mic and calling out Discords is one of the most important things you can do with him.

I wouldn't mind them making Discord easier for teammates to see. Even just a slightly brighter purple glow.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I feel like I belong it at least high-platinum to low-Diamond.

I'm doing well enough, but I end up on a lot of teams that never pick up the slack and my team ends up losing.

Season 1 was bad for me because I would win and barely gain any advancement, but I would lose and lose nearly half a rank.

antitrop

I've found it popping for Transcendance healing lately. Got sucked into a Zarya ult with half my team, a red offense pops their ult, I Transcendanced us through it = play of the game.

Surprised me, too.
I shared a Zenyatta POTM a few days ago, where I killed a Lucio on the point and then Trans'd 5 of my teammates through a Reaper ult, but it was an extremely uneventful game with practically 0 multikills.

I also had another one on PS4 about a week ago, when I was playing with a 6-man GAF group and I just spammed Discord and shards at a bunch of people stuck in a Zarya ult and that was it. :p

Also, my tip to anyone playing Zen on PC is put Discord Orb on Right Click.

Finding it a lot harder to climb this season, seem to be hearing the same from friends and classmates as well. I solo'd from 65 to 71 last season, this season it seems like every time I'm gonna break 3100 again I get gate-keeper'd back to where I started (Even in party queues).

Not sure if its just bad luck with some teams, or if I need to stop giving a shit and just stick to Zarya and Reinhardt 24/7 and let someone else heal instead of doing it myself.

While Zen and then Ana are my preferred support life roles I of course end up in the event where I have to go for one of the other two big healers to fill the last gap.
For the longest time I'd take Mercy over Lucio, alas Mercy has started becoming a real headache to use as of late relying heavily on the awareness of your team.

So begrudgingly I started picking up Lucio more, the character I considered my least favourite to actually use in the game.
Slowly but surely though I'm turning around on him, dare I say there's a certain nuance to swapping between speed and heal and when to pump up either. And you can defend yourself against supports natural predators like Tracer and Genji, surprisingly well in fact.

Soundwave is just so good, and I'm not just talking about when you bop people off cliffs.
It's so versatile, getting close ranges attackers away from yourself or teammates in trouble is so handy.
I'm sorry Lucio, I thought you were a bland to play character whose life purpose was to just ensure you stood with teammates while healthy tunes played out but you're capable of more.

Also finally broke my Zenyatta PotM drought with three of them today, I'm coming for you Diamond!

Part of what throws people off, and you can see it in this video.

When a hook lands, the hook instantly repositions itself to the center of the character model.

So even though the hook hit the widow in the head, once the hook connects, it moves itself to her torso, which gives the appearance that the hook is now going through the floor. Which the victim sees as total bullshit.

They don't understand that this is just a graphically cue so Roadhog can actually tell where his target is getting pulled to.
This really helps me understand the visual quirk.
I suppose that if I dare to make the fighting game comparison for this game again it's a bit like when you're a player who isn't aware of certain attack hitboxes not matching the visual and thus appearing like "bullshit, that didn't even hit", while when you understand those small design details it instead makes sense.

QP is so hit-or-miss these days. Had some really good warm-ups earlier, but just now had a 3 Widow team (switched to it after first deaths of the round) on Illios. I had silver elims and damage as Zen, with 3 and 2900-ish respectively.

Just played two random ranked games in a row where we nearly took the second of two points and then got absolutely stomped on defense. Man that sucked. Unless I get a group I don't think I'll ever even make it to where I was placed which I feel like is low (2580).

There really needs to be harsher punishments for people that quit games.

First Series of ranked play you had hardly any players dropping out.

Now in the second series I find myself in nearly every other game having a player on my team quit, which in turn makes it incredibly difficult to win, thus absolutely destroying my rank. I've dropped nearly 700 points over the course of the last week and half mainly down to this.

There needs to be a bigger threat to people quitting early, or having it similar to Fifa where you are paired with players who have not quit games.

It's infuriating

Now in the second series I find myself in nearly every other game having a player on my team quit, which in turn makes it incredibly difficult to win, thus absolutely destroying my rank. I've dropped nearly 700 points over the course of the last week and half mainly down to this.

There needs to be a bigger threat to people quitting early, or having it similar to Fifa where you are paired with players who have not quit games.

It's infuriating

Feels like after you get a few quits on your record it should start pairing you with priority to others who are the same. Rage Quitters hell seems like a fitting punishment. Also think its bullshit that you can't leave after someone else on your team does without penalty (Maybe a loss on the record, but not a SR gut punch too), Blizzard should know damn well that in most situations a 5 man team is gonna lose.

And lol, something about Roadhog is special. My friend only gets hatemail when he plays Roadhog or McCree.

It's infuriating

Totally agree. I still don't see why the players who leaves can't be the only one to take the hit in rank. Or anyone who is in a party with the player who leaves to prevent martyrs.

Nimby

Banned
Picks from last weeks Gosugamers tournament:

Code:
Lucio       - 94.02%
Zarya       - 78.98%
Reinhardt   - 65.64%
Ana         - 57.37%
Zenyatta    - 47.28%
Roadhog     - 45.83%
Winston     - 45.06%
Tracer      - 43.21%
Reaper      - 33.98%
Genji       - 32.75%
McCree      - 25.26%
Hanzo       - 7.99%
Mercy       - 5.20%
Mei         - 4.56%
D.Va        - 3.59%
Pharah      - 2.73%
Torbjorn    - 2.64%
Soldier: 76 - 1.65%
Junkrat     - 1.58%
Widowmaker  - 1.04%
Bastion     - 0.65%
Symmetra    - 0.00%

I'm guessing new content for October, and Sombra around Halloween and Blizzcon.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So is there any word of a new content update? It feels like it has been forever since we got the last one.

Nothing so far but we'll probably get something really soon since Oktoberfest should be the next event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom