• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
I don't understand people switching characters without telling anyone. But switching characters because someone hates a dps....

We were winning too.

Welp, will probably drop soon because Blizzard wants my win/loss to be a tight 50%
I_Probably_Hate_Myself_For_Trying_Right_Now.png

Haines

Banned
First time jumping on in a while.

I see on xbox the patch notes says aiming default was changed.

Is the new better than the old one?

Aiming always felt off before

First time jumping on in a while.

I see on xbox the patch notes says aiming default was changed.

Is the new better than the old one?

Aiming always felt off before

I'm on ps4 bit I imagine it's the same.

The new aiming scheme is vastly superior imo. Took me 2-3 games to adjust, but I couldn't imagine going back now.

My career accuracy for McCree was low 30s...it's almost at 50 now. Was a game changer for me.

Haines

Banned
I'm on ps4 bit I imagine it's the same.

The new aiming scheme is vastly superior imo. Took me 2-3 games to adjust, but I couldn't imagine going back now.

Great. This makes me very happy.

Like I said I always found aiming to be a bit wonky so I'm glad it's been improved.

Playing right now and it feels good so far.

So u can get old costumes in the new loot boxes?

I got shark bait. Already had mako

You should be more pissed off at your dps/flankers for not picking off the most helpless hero in the game.

...? She sticks by her team, and no, saying "oh, but the flankers and she's an easy target," that also applies to the other healers in the game too, can fly away easily, and has the hitboxes of toothpicks. Not to mention that her rez is really frustrating to deal with since she can do it through walls and buildings, she can stall games easier than Mei, and it's Mei

Edit: It's been over 30 hours, but I finally see this XP bonus again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, all the good mercies know to play MGS when the time is right.

Which is kinda why I think she needs a rework, because a major part of playing her right is learning when to hide and not do the thing you're supposed to be doing, healing.

antitrop

I've had 4 games in a row with 4 Golds as D.Va on Numbani, 2 of them POTG (The last 4 times I've played on that map, I mean). I don't know what it is about that map, but I just dominate with her there. I don't normally play D.Va really, either.

What if they made it so the enemy can't see the heal/damage beam. Probably would be too much, but
I think lucio's healing/speed is invisible to enemies right?

And Ana is a sniper so she can be in alot of places/can't track her easily.

AbaFadi

Banned
I've had 4 games in a row with 4 Golds as D.Va on Numbani, 2 of them POTG (The last 4 times I've played on that map, I mean). I don't know what it is about that map, but I just dominate with her there. I don't normally play D.Va really, either.

I think D.Va is really strong on payload maps.

What if they made it so the enemy can't see the heal/damage beam. Probably would be too much, but
I think lucio's healing/speed is invisible to enemies right?

And Ana is a sniper so she can be in alot of places/can't track her easily.

You can see what color Lucio is, and you can see enemies' health bars for a bit after you shoot them. Regardless of that, you want to kill him.

You can see what color Lucio is, and you can see enemies' health bars for a bit after you shoot them. Regardless of that, you want to kill him.

Well I mean where he is when healing.
You don't know exactly where he is just the area he could be in.

With Mercy you just follow the beam and know exactly where.

I have very good luck on Numbani as well, my favorite map...Jus swap Dva with McCree for me.

maomaoIYP

Defending on numbani. Our team decides to go 2/2/2. I was Ana. Our DPS was tracer and mei. We get fucking rolled over and I swap to pharah mid way. Not even 2 mins later and I get gold damage, wtf.

MUnited83

For you.
Goes quick play, it's KOTH. I pick Symmetra.

Proceed to melt the other team, get gold eliminations, gold objective kills, kill the worst Roadhog that somehow didn't kill me through his whole health, one of the big health packs and one of his self-heals. All this in a 1v1 confrontation without anyone else around.
Enemy team gets pissed on chat when they lose and the POTG is me killing 4 of them.

tumblr_o3la5zytBn1sbu0o7o1_500.png

ohkay

Finally broke my losing streak, but only because the other team had a really toxic dude that made someone leave. Whatever, I'll take it

antitrop

I just saw an Ana play of the game with Ghoul skin and Shhh intro. She got a triple kill during a Blizzard and then healed a bunch of people.

But at least she was ready for her moment.

maomaoIYP

I wanna get better as Roadhog, but I don't know how I could improve other than working on hitting my hooks more often. I love him to death, but I feel like I'm very inconsistent with him.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Mush_nz/heroes/roadhog?mode=competitive
Roadhog can be a huge liability if you have poor positioning, it's very easy to kill him with either soldier or mccree. Use cover and strafe in and out while timing your alt fire and hooks. The alt fire is brutal at the correct range, you should practice that too. I use the starting area to gauge distance before each match begins. Your self heal also seems very low.

Doing the brawl in easy with only 2 people is actually pretty hard. When it finished I lvled up and I'm like. This box better give me a legendary for that ordeal. I get a junkrat legendary but it's not junkenstein =(

Blues1990

Okay, are people purposely ignoring the enemy Mercy when playing in Competitive Mode? I always make it my mission to make sure that she NEVER gets the chance to mass resurrect her team, but it's frustrating when the Offense Heroes/flankers always seem to ignore her when flanking. Like, they always leave her for last, which is usually a bad thing, as 90% of the time she will hide and bring back her team from the dead.

Satch

Banned
hanzo haters have got to go, they are just the absolute worst

it doesnt matter how much damage you do or how many kills you get, your teammates will still say you did nothing if you lose lol :(

played out of my mind too :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

Veelk

Banned

it doesnt matter how much damage you do or how many kills you get, your teammates will still say you did nothing if you lose lol :(

Yeah, I don't get the hate for him either. He can be a very effective character and I've carried atleast one game with him.

People say that it's because of 'bad' hanzo players that try to snipe from a distance and don't hit shit. But I don't hear anything about bad pharah players who don't fly around or bad soldiers who don't use heals for the rest of the group.

#HanzoLivesMatter

Redmoon

Only 10 levels away from promoting for the first time. Would like to get it done this weekend which means ill have to play more than 12 hours Sunday.

Rip me.

Don't you just hate those people who aggressively click the characters they want in the team before rushing off to nail down Hanzo or Genji?

If you want a Zarya or a Mercy then you fucking well choose Zarya or Mercy.

I-hate-u

I love how every master to grandmaster recommends zarya universally as a character to climb the ranks with.
They're right, you know. She covers for bad players, can deal big damage, is durable and facilities team wipes.

For a single character, she fulfills the role of all 4 classes to an extent. It's a disservice to a team if she is not played in it.

Antiwhippy

I meant it more that people think she is THE character to climb with, picked plenty in the pro scene, yet there are some people who still thinks she's perfectly fine as she is.

I don't personally think that she needs to be directly nerfed herself but something had to be done to shift the power away from her toolkit and introduce some more counterplays. Dunno if the 40% thing is the way to go.

darklin0

Banned
I meant it more that people think she is THE character to climb with, picked plenty in the pro scene, yet there are some people who sail thinks she's perfectly fine as she is.

I don't personally think that she needs to be directly nerfed herself but something had to be done to shift the power away from her toolkit and introduce some more counterplays.

My biggest issue with her is her high damage. If that gets nerfed she should still be good, but not way too good.

I wanna get better as Roadhog, but I don't know how I could improve other than working on hitting my hooks more often. I love him to death, but I feel like I'm very inconsistent with him.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Mush_nz/heroes/roadhog?mode=competitive

My advice:

- As someone mentioned before, positioning is key, Behind Rein Shield or around a corner is key to protecting you from fire from enemy teammates. NEVER go solo. It might seem appealing to single out someone by your lonesome but they'll more than likely have back-up. Solo can work at low levels of play but won't later on. Always be with your team as much as you can.

- Eye your ammo count every now and then. So you won't hook someone before reloading, or hook a big guy with only 1 ammo left.

- Ult usage can be tricky. Some are obvious, like the temple in Nepal (can drop in from side and Ult people on the point off into the pit). Even I'm still iffy with Ult usage but just make sure that you use it in a way that'll benefit you and your team in terms of positioning the enemy team.

- Always hook second against another hog.

- Don't be afraid to hook large targets like Rein. Might look bad since you can't one shot him, but removing the enemy team's shield is HUGE. And if you're with your team, you'll burn him easy.

If anyone wants to correct me, please feel free and explain. Would love to see more input.

What really? Hanzo is garbage. Doesn't matter how much damage you do you're not really a threat. You can hurt someone as much as you want but if you're not killing them all you're doing is supplying the ult of your opponents support. There's a reason he's F tier in this meta.

I-hate-u

I meant it more that people think she is THE character to climb with, picked plenty in the pro scene, yet there are some people who still thinks she's perfectly fine as she is.

I don't personally think that she needs to be directly nerfed herself but something had to be done to shift the power away from her toolkit and introduce some more counterplays. Dunno if the 40% thing is the way to go.
I think she is fine(just like Lucio and Ana), it's just that the other alternatives are not as good. Maybe the new gameplay modes Blizzard is working on be more tailored to the strengths of unpoplar characters.

But in any case, the should buff the other characters and leave those 3 as they are (provided ult buildup nerf stays)

Antiwhippy

What really? Hanzo is garbage. Doesn't matter how much damage you do you're not really a threat. You can hurt someone as much as you want but if you're not killing them all you're doing is supplying the ult of your opponents support. There's a reason he's F tier in this meta.

Kind of the opposite really. He's good in this meta because he CAN make those picks and confirm kills. That's what he's used for, and pros have been using him because of that.

Problem still is that he's map dependant and is still a pretty feast or famine character, but not being able to confirm kills is NOT his problem. Also some people just aren't good at projectile characters.

You can't just look at the tier list and not observe the cases that formed that list.

darklin0

Banned
I still think the universal ult charge NERF is going to hit her the hardest, along with the supports

I agree, I think Ana will be just as popular because her ult charges so quickly.
Zen is probably gonna drop a huge a mount due to how slow his ult charges. Mostly due to it relying more on damage due to the 2 healer meta.
For Lucio it depends on the other nerf he gets. If they are not crippling, he will be just as popular as always.
Mercy will be Mercy.

Looking at the Zarya changes as they are, she will be really hurt. It is all speculation though, I wonder what will making it through to live.

I think she is fine(just like Lucio and Ana), it's just that the other alternatives are not as good. Maybe the new gameplay modes Blizzard is working on be more tailored to the strengths of unpoplar characters.

But in any case, the should buff the other characters and leave those 3 as they are (provided ult buildup nerf stays)

I think they need to release another support style tank. Right now it's:

Rein: Tank Tank
Zarya: Support Tank
Hog and Dva: Damage Tanks (Dva cause of ult)

Of course each also can do damage/support their team through their own means, but I feel like these are the main categories.

A support tank is really strong, especially since she can do good damage as well. Since this is getting nerfed a bit, I think it's ok since her main usage of her kit (supporting the team) isn't really disturbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom