• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of the opposite really. He's good in this meta because he CAN make those picks and confirm kills. That's what he's used for, and pros have been using him because of that.

Problem still is that he's map dependant and is still a pretty feast or famine character, but not being able to confirm kills is NOT his problem. Also some people just aren't good at projectile characters.

You can't just look at the tier list and not observe the cases that formed that list.

Good in this meta yet he's one of the least used characters even by the pros. I don't get it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good in this meta yet he's one of the least used characters even by the pros. I don't get it.

That's because they only like to use him on specific parts in specific maps. Mostly the start of attack on hollywood, king's row, eichenwalde and gibraltar. Basically places where the defenders need to peek through chokepoints at static locations.

He gets one pick or two and you pretty much win the point.

Look at tviq in the apac grand finale.

That's because they only like to use him on specific parts in specific maps. Mostly the start of attack on hollywood, king's row, eichenwalde and gibraltar. Basically places where the defenders need to peek through chokepoints at static locations.

He gets one pick or two and you pretty much win the point.

Look at tviq in the apac grand finale.

I can understand what you're saying but my original statement was really more towards people who pick Hanzo in any type of situation. For example, I'm definitely going to say something when someone picks Hanzo on Koth or any other situation you didn't point out. Also, they're not tviq.

Antiwhippy

Mm, i guess, though I'm increasingly of the mind that i really don't mind hanzo players if that's what they're good at, I'm just saying that the premise that hanzo is bad because he can't confirm kills is wrong. If anything that's his strength. His problem is consistency.

Also honestly, my biggest beef with playing with Hanzo nowadays is that most people are so chicken shit about going in on a team fight when the pick does happen, or people just not noticing the killfeed.

"Awesome, he got a pick, let's go... Where the fuck is everyone else? Oh, still poking at the chokepoint while i speedboosted to my death. Awesome."

It's better now that i have a mic.

I got a legendary drop and it was a Junkenstein repeat :(

I just want Witch Mercy, I already have the credits saved up but I'd rather get it in a loot box instead.

TrueBlue

Yes, that's it Roadhog, you hook one of their team - a Mei of all heroes - on to the point and allow them to activate Overtime, therefore allowing them to regroup and hold. WE HAD ONE SECOND LEFT AND THEN WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT.

Fucking hell. And now they've just steamrolled us on Volskaya.

Cripes, comp is an emotional rollercoaster.

Kudo

Bought the game few days ago wanting that Halloween Mercy skin and played one match, got my first loot box and "Witch" from it, my work here is done.

Looking forward to Christmas skins.

ISOM

I started falling back into elo hell again so I started playing as hanzo for fun.
And I've been winning with him too.

You better be prepared to get harrassed into switching. I play Hanzo occasionally in comp and sometimes I don't want to switch otherwise I would never be able to play him because no one wants Hanzo on their team and one time I got called a "faggot" because I didn't switch even though we had won and I had 20K gold damage. Some people can be hero/meta Nazi's.

Greddleok

Why do people hate Hanzo so much? I despise playing him, but that's because he's boring for me to play as. He's a pretty efficient DPS character. Does a ton of damage and can easily 1 shot people.

I'd much rather have a good Hanzo than a bad McCree on my team, and I guess the only thing that really bothers me about Hanzo is that he's never in the fray contesting the point/payload. Usually sitting back a little taking people out.

Antiwhippy

37 kills, 11 frozen, 6 blizzard kills.

I've been so focused on killing people with my right click that I kinda suck at freezing people now haha.

Blues1990

Why do people hate Hanzo so much? I despise playing him, but that's because he's boring for me to play as. He's a pretty efficient DPS character. Does a ton of damage and can easily 1 shot people.

I'd much rather have a good Hanzo than a bad McCree on my team, and I guess the only thing that really bothers me about Hanzo is that he's never in the fray contesting the point/payload. Usually sitting back a little taking people out.
Part of the problem is that the number of bad Hanzo players outweigh the good ones, and we had to deal with losses with those players that refuse to switch, will stay on their perch to "snipe", and/or will be oblivious with how horrible they are doing & shove the blame to someone else.

Antiwhippy

I've just played quite possibly one of the weirdest matches in quite awhile.

The end involved a lone bastion, sitting on the payload as I pumped him full of health from afar as ana to the win uncontested just to give you an idea. While they had someone switch to sym for the end of route 66 (???????).

Cider X

Quick play on Xbox during the weekend was a mistake. It's nothing but trash. Hero stacking, trolling, people trying to do cool stuff for their youtube channel with 0 subscribers. I'm out. Competetive solo queue here I come.

I get a leaver in every single competetive match I play and I'm really getting fucking sick of it.

I went thru a ridiculous string of this about a week ago...12 out of 15 matches lost because we were at least 1 man down. Lost somewhere between 350-400SR. This was on ps4 btw.

I've lost my last 2 games with golds in all 4 categories each game. I was on dps so I couldn't get a medal for healing.

Both close games lost in overtime. I am definitely punching above my weight now, just having a hard time getting teammates to push as a group.

Kudo

I get a leaver in every single competetive match I play and I'm really getting fucking sick of it.

I noticed my friends bad habit of leaving in this game, we're not playing competitive yet so it's not a big deal, but kinda irritating that he would just leave if he dies 2-4 times in the beginning to sniper shot or something lucky like that, match haven't even begun. He goes completely mad alt+f4 and starts playing other games, I guess it makes sense if he's not having fun.

Greddleok

I noticed my friends bad habit of leaving in this game, we're not playing competitive yet so it's not a big deal, but kinda irritating that he would just leave if he dies 2-4 times in the beginning to sniper shot or something lucky like that, match haven't even begun. He goes completely mad alt+f4 and starts playing other games, I guess it makes sense if he's not having fun.

That sucks, because the beginning and the end of most matches are the biggest clusterfucks where you die more often than any other post.

Especially on payload maps if you're attacking.

Antiwhippy

I've had 27 ties.

I've also noticed a weird trend recently that whenever i go attack mei, i get friend invites after the match.

darklin0

Banned
Whenever I log in I get invites to group up.

tumblr_nki0wa4ncd1tmifpao1_400.gif

xaosslug

just had a Lijiang match where a teammate kept dc-ing, but we STILL managed to stomp 3-1. The enemy team must have been maDDD. :-x

Plesiades

The PTR proudly presents...
BUGS: Death Blossom vs 70 Genji
BUGS II: Death Blossom vs 40 Mei

Yeah, this change is definitely a weird one for the PTR. Don't know why they are doing it in the first place.

From the devs:
Blizzard said:
Developer Comments: With the way our experience curve works right now, players can move quickly through the first 23 levels of each promotional tier (1-23, 101-123, 201-223, etc). This is because when a player is promoted every 100 levels, the experience curve essentially resets. While this reset has worked pretty well so far, it’s also encouraged some people to stop playing the game altogether once they’re promoted—the goal of this being to save those first 23 levels specifically for seasonal events. To help address this, the experience needed for all post-promotion levels (i.e. any level after 100) is now a consistent 20k and will no longer reset. The total experience required to gain 100 levels after a promotion is roughly unchanged, however. In addition, the total experience required to earn your first 100 levels (before your first promotion) has been slightly reduced.

maomaoIYP

34 loot boxes later, I finally have Witch Mercy.
Notable Halloween loot up till now:
Junkenstein x 2
Junkenstein's monster
Witch Mercy
Ana emote
Reaper highlight
Bastion skin

Actually when I list them out like this, only now do I realize how slim the pickings are. I still want the Ana skin and Mei intro, but I might just end up using coins for those.

jediyoshi

So, they basically don't want players to not sit on their promotion & get 20+ free loot boxes for events, along with their main source of income for Overwatch going bye-bye.

So dumb.

Assuming you were in the tryhard group of those deliberately not playing. Going to go out on a limb and assume most players don't plan out 80 levels of progress out at a time to align with annual events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom