• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
So it's still PTR. I see. God damn I hate Widow. Not fun to play, play against or with. Oh well, just more easy pickings for my D.Va.

Like Ghazi mention in the other page, she did get an aim down sights buff when the Halloween update came out. It went from .5 seconds to .33 seconds.

I don't think that big enough to make the general public's opinion on her change. Thus my opinion on it, being the PTR's rumbling causing the influx of Widows, is unchanged.

Mutombo

are there still 'pro' symmetra players out there btw? I'm curious as to how she has evolved in her totally non-existent meta. Where to place turrets/teleports, etc. I used to be really good with her but I can't seem to find a foothold whenever I try her out now. I occasionally run into a good one still (on PS4) but as a former top 400 player, I find if I die before my teleport is up, I need to switch characters already.

Kysen

Playing against a good widow(3600+) isn't fun at all. We just got destroyed on anubis. I couldn't heal anyone when they were getting 1 shot.

darklin0

Banned
I play Symmetra and Buttchin hates it.

Condition him with the nickname Chin for a couple of weeks. One day, after he is used to his new moniker and he is angry about you playing Symm, reply with, "Don't be a butt, Chin."

Power off your console and don't show up for the rest of the day. Trust me, 100% quality pranks.

Azoor

After the buff, D.va is a far more effective tank, she can take for more hits and her mobility dies give her a great advantage over other tanks with the exception of Winston.

The Zarya nerf also helped her be stronger, even though I don't really agree with the nerf myself.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sym was one of my three most played characters when the game came out and still has my highest winrate with 70% or something close to that.

But when they nerfed her for no reason on console I stopped playing her and the more I played the game the more I disliked her role in the team. Mostly happened with the rise of 2-2-2 where it feels really hard to basically cut one of those for her.

Attack sym is still fun atleast.

Cappa

Banned
I love when games are a complete disaster.. and you find out youre good with a hero you never tried or thought to try.

It was on Kingsrow, we started on defense and the other team completely steamrolled us. We are now on attack and same thing, so I switch from I think Zenyatta(we also had a Lucio) to Pharah as we are getting completely destroyed with no shot at A. I killed their Junkrat and theres about 15 seconds left. Then our junkrat pulls off a ridiculous Ult kill killing their Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Mei and Soldier all in one go LOL. We all make a push to point A and take it. go on to take the payload all the way until the end and tie the game.

We then won the game, after starting on Attack again and taking the payload very nearly to the end(it was on an overtime counter the entire time hahaa) and I stuck with Pharah on offense and defense the entire team. I ended up with Gold in Elims, Objective Kills, Damage and Objective time ahaa. They had absolutely no counter for me at all. Even their Zarya couldn´t hit me. Now Im actually looking forward to play Pharah more lol

Greddleok

We then won the game and I stuck with Pharah on offense and defense the entire team. They had absolutely no counter for me at all. Even their Zarya couldn´t hit me. Now Im actually looking forward to play Pharah more lol

If there's a game without Soldier, McCree and Ana, Pharah is a great choice, but man...I can count on one hand the number of games without a Solder, McCree or Ana.

Mutombo

After the buff, D.va is a far more effective tank, she can take for more hits and her mobility dies give her a great advantage over other tanks with the exception of Winston.

The Zarya nerf also helped her be stronger, even though I don't really agree with the nerf myself.

Zarya nerf? It's in PTR?

ISOM

Playing against a good widow(3600+) isn't fun at all. We just got destroyed on anubis. I couldn't heal anyone when they were getting 1 shot.

Superaccurate one shot makers like widowmaker don't belong in the game imo. Or they belong buried far into the niche.

Hmmm.
I switched mccrees retcile to dot a while back and that made me better but ive been in a slump with him for a while so i decided to change back to default and im good again.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmm.
I switched mccrees retcile to dot a while back and that made me better but ive been in a slump with him for a while so i decided to change back to default and im good again.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I tried the dot awhile back, couldn't hit sand if I fell of a camel. Changed that shit back immediately.

PatjuhR

I never play Zarya and very randomly Pharah, but I'm sure her beam isn't that long? I think you stay to close to the action if her beam can hit you.

Cappa

Banned
I think thats partly why people want Zarya nerfed so badly lol... the beam reaches high enough where Pharah cant "run away" by just flying up. So if Pharah is flying near/above you you can just follow her around and aim your beam and boom shes done.

If shes further away of course not, but shes also easier to avoid from further away. :)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dat K:D ratio.

VJl9uFZ.png

Kysen

lol just went back and re watched my last match, we had 4 mercy mains. I guess that explains the loss. What are the chances of that.

fhqwhgads

Low Plat seems to be filled with attack bastions, good ones but still annoying.

Just had a game where attack bastion took us off guard on hollywood and two of the team left the game after they capped the first point which made us lose the game T_T

Finally got an exotic Halloween skin. Reaper was the one I wanted most too :)

Anyone want to do some comp with a good Mei/ Pharah/ Rein lmk! My high is 2736, on a bad stretch and in the high 2200s ATM.

meshwork

Wonder why there's no medal for deaths.

Jeff actually answered this question on the official forums:

Our Lord and Saviour said:
We used to give a medal for fewest deaths. We ran into a few issues with doing it. The first was confusion. Players were consistently confused as to whether the medal was for most or fewest deaths. I believe this problem was easily solvable. The second issue had to do with weird behaviors that some players felt compelled to do based on their desire to receive the medal. The medal was ok if it just served as a reflection of what players were already doing. But doing weird things (like hiding back at the spawn room) to get the medal drove too much bad behavior so we removed it.

CloakBass

Got the Ana Halloween skin on my free first box :)

Has there been any research into if obtaining an item makes it harder to get a duplicate of it? Wondering if it might be better to spend all my currency on small rewards to increase the chance of getting more expensive ones in crates.

Cappa

Banned
Got the Ana Halloween skin on my free first box :)

Has there been any research into if obtaining an item makes it harder to get a duplicate of it? Wondering if it might be better to spend all my currency on small rewards to increase the chance of getting more expensive ones in crates.

I´ve gotten Roadhogs Frankenstein skin 4 times.... and I havent opened more than maybe 15 boxes max.

Greddleok

Man, I've gotten jack shit from the Halloween boxes. I think I'm level 91, so hopefully I will pick up a bunch of boxes soon. As long as that update doesn't go live this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom