• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But if you fuck it up, you can get your whole team wiped.

Well, you just need to get good at it. :p

Though honestly, if your team got wiped from it most of the time it's because the ult would have wiped you anyway. It's more of a "you failed to save your team" and less of a "you caused your team to wipe".

Well, you just need to get good at it. :p

Though honestly, if your team got wiped from it most of the time it's because the ult would have wiped you anyway. It's more of a "you failed to save your team" and less of a "you caused your team to wipe".

You could trap your team somewhere they wouldn't have been trapped.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmmm, I actually can't think of many scenarios where that would happen though honestly. Or at least I've never ran into it.

But still, you know.

With great power comes great responsibility.

Banzai

I dropped by 400 SR in the past two weeks. Pretty much straight loss streak, very few wins here and there.

I'm suddenly wondering if I even like this game anymore.

edit: and STILL not a single goddamn Halloween skin in about 15 boxes.

xaosslug

ran Zarya for the first time in a ranked match on Kings Row attack and defence, and won. T__T

two tips for playing Zarya no one ever tells you:

1. back that thang uppppp! When you advance and bait fire, pop your shield and then back up (jumping) while firing your particle beam. If anyone advances on you they will likely die before they can kill you!

2. jump, jump, jump to help compensate for KWEEN Zarya's complete lack of mobility.

it is so hard playing Zarya, tho. I give mad props to peeps that main her, and do it well. You really have to be aware of your teammates, what's going on in the battle non-stop, and shield management is no joke! I was so anxious, I think I held my breath through most of it.

ISOM

ran Zarya for the first time in a ranked match on Kings Row attack and defence, and won. T__T

two tips for playing Zarya no one ever tells you:

1. back that thang uppppp! When you advance and bait fire, pop your shield and then back up (jumping) while firing your particle beam. If anyone advances on you they will likely die before they can kill you!

2. jump, jump, jump to help compensate for KWEEN Zarya's complete lack of mobility.

it is so hard playing Zarya, tho. I give mad props to peeps that main her, and do it well. You really have to be aware of your teammates, what's going on in the battle non-stop, and shield management is no joke! I was so anxious, I think I held my breath through most of it.

Yeah playing Zarya is a little like playing healer as well. In that you have to be aware of your teammate's health and when they're in danger.

Satch

Banned
i did it, i got enough points saved to buy another gold weapon but i dont even know what to get

i kinda want zen's orbs... i feel like everyone has genji weapons and hanzo bow and i want to do something unique

ohkay

How can Mei's turn into ice move be a complete counter to every single attack and ult in the game? That seems kind of ridiculous.
The counter to her ice block is wait it out and kill her, or make sure you don't use your ult/abilities on her unless you know it's on cooldown

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The crit spot on Bastion in retrospect is pretty funny without his shield

because the most vulnerable character in the game needs a fucking critbox

MastAndo

Jumped right into season 2 immediately after hitting level 25 (picked it up for PS4 after the free weekend), and I really wasn't ready. Ended up in low gold tier, lost a few frustrating games, then said eff it and decided I just wasn't going to do competitive for long, so I would just not care and keep playing, win or lose. One nasty losing streak later and I dropped to around 1700.

...but the game has its hooks in me something fierce, so I played quick play exclusively for a while to get my game up, and am now climbing back. I'm almost at 2000 now playing solo queue, basically maining Zarya. I'm hardly good with her by most standards, but I feel like I've got her positioning and shield timings just about down and when everything clicks, I can control lots of matches with her at this SR.

I might be better with Zenyatta and like playing with him on some maps, but there's something really satisfying about playing with Zarya. I feel like I have more influence on the game's outcome. She also seems to work in every game type.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And I would be so happy if the game would add a 'too many flankers' team tip. That might be number 1 on my list of changes for the game.

Because it would be more useful than the 'too many healers/too many tanks' tip

maomaoIYP

Jumped right into season 2 immediately after hitting level 25 (picked it up for PS4 after the free weekend), and I really wasn't ready. Ended up in low gold tier, lost a few frustrating games, then said eff it and decided I just wasn't going to do competitive for long, so I would just not care and keep playing, win or lose. One nasty losing streak later and I dropped to around 1700.

...but the game has its hooks in me something fierce, so I played quick play exclusively for a while to get my game up, and am now climbing back. I'm almost at 2000 now playing solo queue, basically maining Zarya. I'm hardly good with her by most standards, but I feel like I've got her positioning and shield timings just about down and when everything clicks, I can control lots of matches with her at this SR.

I might be better with Zenyatta and like playing with him on some maps, but there's something really satisfying about playing with Zarya. I feel like I have more influence on the game's outcome. She also seems to work in every game type.

Don't worry too much about it. At level 25 you really can't expect yourself to know all the intricacies of all the characters and maps. I'm level 300+ and I'm still learning things about the characters, even those that I main.
Besides, everyone feels that they belong to a higher SR tier, so you'll be fine just playing more and improving slowly.

And I would be so happy if the game would add a 'too many flankers' team tip. That might be number 1 on my list of changes for the game.

Because it would be more useful than the 'too many healers/too many tanks' tip

I feel like the game should never tell you that you have a perfect team comp, because you're going to have some sort of weakness no matter what you do. This includes stuff like the team's speed, range, damage, etc.

As it is, you just end up going with what the game says is perfect, yet you might have a character that's actually completely useless on that map or something.

I mainly hate when it says you don't have enough defense. Fuck that, if we have a Mei, a couple tanks, some heals and a dps...we're good in my eyes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of surprised they consider Lucio's amped up healing something to nerf on the PTR but not Ana's grenade. Like I know they're focusing on her ult.

but that grenade does so much. Combined with her incredible healing kind of makes her nuts

Think it's better to go multiple defense instead? I'm seriously askin your opinion, cuz I know you're quite knowledgeable on this game.

Well, I was mostly joking, and you're probably better off asking someone like Whippy about meta stuff, but I'll try.

Multiple defense probably can work just fine, but it's usually better to just go with multiple DPS, since kills are kinda your primary goal, and the defense class is generally worse at getting kills.

And I'm sure someone will correct me immediately.

I'm kind of surprised they consider Lucio's amped up healing something to nerf on the PTR but not Ana's grenade. Like I know they're focusing on her ult.

but that grenade does so much. Combined with her incredible healing kind of makes her nuts

They literally just made that change. I don't think they see any reason to look too much into it right now.

darklin0

Banned
Well, I was mostly joking, and you're probably better off asking someone like Whippy about meta stuff, but I'll try.

Multiple defense probably can work just fine, but it's usually better to just go with multiple DPS, since kills are kinda your primary goal, and the defense class is generally worse at getting kills.

And I'm sure someone will correct me immediately.

Nah, you are correct. There are situational defense heroes who can do really well on maps but getting kills is always a priority.

My new favorite thing to say over chat when I see 2 defense characters and no attack classes is, "I bet you guys we lose the first CP when they get ults." I haven't been wrong yet.

maomaoIYP

Joining an all-Genji team.... *grumble*

I guess there's worse ways to waste five minutes.

I was in a koth match with all randoms where there was not one, but two widows on my team. We lost, of course.
Next match, attack on route 66, the same two idiots go widow again. I decided I had enough, so I pick widow too and keep flashing her to suggest everyone do the same. Not unsurprisingly every one else is fed up too, so we end up with 3 widows and 3 mercies. The original widow (level 400+ no less), gives up and quits even before the game begins. The entire team then switches to a comp which isn't stupid as fuck and we win the game.

Yeah, I never have much luck when our team has multiple defense. Wanted to make sure I'm not tellin people some wrong shit.

My thinking was...if we kill them, they can't cap the point. It's been pretty effective lately.

Every shot I land with Ana is an accident.

I'm sorry.
I was in a koth match with all randoms where there was not one, but two widows on my team. We lost, of course.
Next match, attack on route 66, the same two idiots go widow again. I decided I had enough, so I pick widow too and keep flashing her to suggest everyone do the same. Not unsurprisingly every one else is fed up too, so we end up with 3 widows and 3 mercies. The original widow (level 400+ no less), gives up and quits even before the game begins. The entire team then switches to a comp which isn't stupid as fuck and we win the game.

Nice.

Gimmick comps can be fun, but it's really a time and place thing. It just kinda sucks being dropped into one.

Gimmick comps can be fun, but it's really a time and place thing. It just kinda sucks being dropped into one.

I prefer full bullshit comps rather than just one or two people that can't bother to take the game seriously at all.

Sometimes, I actually want to win, but I didn't get the memo that we weren't trying this round, so I start tilting myself over nothing.

Mutombo

Had a KOTH match last night. One of our players leave after first loss. Second match one of their player leaves but we still lose. I see that as a tank I'm having medals on eliminations, so switch to Tracer to do better. Other Tank switches to Kenyatta, and we end up winning two matches to 2-2. Then the last match one of our players rejoins! Zen switches back to reaper, joining person goes Hanzo, and we lose.

Hello darkness my old friend...

Had a KOTH match last night. One of our players leave after first loss. Second match one of their player leaves but we still lose. I see that as a tank I'm having medals on eliminations, so switch to Tracer to do better. Other Tank switches to Kenyatta, and we end up winning two matches to 2-2. Then the last match one of our players rejoins! Zen switches back to reaper, joining person goes Hanzo, and we lose.

Hello darkness my old friend...

Gotta love those KotH Hanzos.

Finally jumped back in after a break. The Halloween stuff seems pretty cute, but the spooky-scariest part was getting confronted with how out of practice I was. I also noticed Hanzos are surprisingly rare, while two Widowmakers and two Anas per match were pretty much guaranteed. This is pretty much the polar opposite of how things were before I took my break. While I'm sure people have their reasons for these picks, it made for kind of barren battlefields. I usually play as symbiotic characters that naturally pair up with others, so the large amount of snipers made my team-up options noticeably limited.

So many widowmakers now :/

I play more Ana aswell but ive gotten all round better with her i think. My last match with her i had 65% and 76% acc.

Held last point on Volskaya for about 7min with her.

darklin0

Banned
Why are there so many Widows? Did they buff her on live or something?

I am assuming it is the Hanzo effect from last PTR update. Word spread he got a buff and everone and their mom was playing Hanzo so they can be at their best when it went live.

Funny thing is this PTR update may never see the light of day. A lot of people don't bother to read the dev announcements so it is leading to a lot of misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom