• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Today I decided to go "fuck healing, I'm going to be that asshole who instalocks their main every match no matter attack or defense."

5Noy0Dy.png

I probably should do that more.

1 of those lucio losses came from someone who instalocked widow all game and did jack shit.

At least I instalock a good character.

Greddleok

Today I decided to go "fuck healing, I'm going to be that asshole who instalocks their main every match no matter attack or defense."

5Noy0Dy.png

1 of those lucio losses came from someone who instalocked widow all game and did jack shit.

Completely agree. I just instalock D.Va or 76. Won far more games doing than than Lucio or Mercy.

I've opened 46 boxes and still don't have it.

But I got the winter Widowmaker skin like 12 times.

The worst part is that the coins you get for duplicates are the same rate as normal dupes, but the skins cost 3x the usual price. I got the lame-ass Thriller skin for Soldier three times now... :(
At least I got Junkenstein's Monster yesterday.

AbaFadi

Banned

5Noy0Dy.png

Instalocking Zarya or D.Va everytime got me to a season high of 3921.

komaruR

I love when games are a complete disaster.. and you find out youre good with a hero you never tried or thought to try.

It was on Kingsrow, we started on defense and the other team completely steamrolled us. We are now on attack and same thing, so I switch from I think Zenyatta(we also had a Lucio) to Pharah as we are getting completely destroyed with no shot at A. I killed their Junkrat and theres about 15 seconds left. Then our junkrat pulls off a ridiculous Ult kill killing their Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Mei and Soldier all in one go LOL. We all make a push to point A and take it. go on to take the payload all the way until the end and tie the game.

We then won the game, after starting on Attack again and taking the payload very nearly to the end(it was on an overtime counter the entire time hahaa) and I stuck with Pharah on offense and defense the entire team. I ended up with Gold in Elims, Objective Kills, Damage and Objective time ahaa. They had absolutely no counter for me at all. Even their Zarya couldn´t hit me. Now Im actually looking forward to play Pharah more lol
tfw you take the payload all the way to goal on OT. Got this yesterday on my alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGeND0hWZCc
I played a dirty mei for def round :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-5Cpew1NiI
I gotta do what I gotta do, for the W!

If there's a game without Soldier, McCree and Ana, Pharah is a great choice, but man...I can count on one hand the number of games without a Solder, McCree or Ana.
depends if they are a good shot or not too. I find, usually in gold rank, people are less accurate than plat+ players.

Cappa

Banned
I've opened 46 boxes and still don't have it.

But I got the winter Widowmaker skin like 12 times.

Lol I dont know what worse, not getting anything or getting the same damn skin for someone you never use.

The only "cool" things Ive gotten from opening boxes were Roadhogs yeah and Genjis pumpkin slicing a-la Fruit Ninja highlight intro(which Ive gotten twice already too....) the rest have been avatars or sprays.

With extra cash I bought Anas Halloween skin and Halloween candy emote but thats pretty much it for me.

Greddleok

depends if they are a good shot or not too. I find, usually in gold rank, people are less accurate than plat+ players.

I guess that could be said about anyone though. Pharah is a relatively stationary target, so anyone with good aim can kill her without too much trouble. The difference is that hitscan characters destroy her.

I don't think you need to be a good shot to kill Pharah as hitscan guys. You just point at her slow ass and pull the trigger.

What....

I log in to a match on Hanamura defense. Team just loses the first point. I get a kill but die trying to get back to point B.

Team gets wiped at the point and game finishes before I respawn.

3 golds, 1 silver from that little 45 second engagement...

5Noy0Dy.png

You should be banned from playing Mei, that's ridiculous.

Azoor

5Noy0Dy.png

I hope they won't have her nerfed in the future.

MastAndo

It always makes me tingle with joy when someone instalocks a Reinhardt and/or a Lucio. I would be curious to see my record when either or both of those guys are on my team. Unfortunately, I have no desire to play as either of them (tried briefly, they were feeble attempts), but I think it might be beneficial to get out of that mindset.

Azoor

someone a few pages back said it was "unfair" that her Cryo-Freeze ability blocks pretty much every ult. So, if more people think like him well I wouldnt be surprised lol

Aside from Junkrat's tire, what other ultimates can she freeze?

Alucrid

Banned
It's interesting to see how differently the game plays on console. Lot of spots where my instinct is screaming to run for the nearest cover, but you have no problem freezing an extra dude before moving on.

you rarely come across good hitscan players so it ain't a big deal

Jellie

So this isn't just for one game? Because that's what I was thinking.
It probably thought 5 games was one. If you lose 4 then win 1 it would add the 4 stats to that one game giving that one game really high average. It's highest per game too not in a single game.

matmanx1

After the buff, D.va is a far more effective tank, she can take for more hits and her mobility dies give her a great advantage over other tanks with the exception of Winston.

The Zarya nerf also helped her be stronger, even though I don't really agree with the nerf myself.

Here's my feelings on what's going on with Zarya after having played her a lot and having watched her played by Pro teams in E-sports tournaments:

Pro play: She's not unbalanced. She has no easy escape option or mobility and dies quickly to focus fire, which Pro teams excel at. Pro teams easily put out enough focused dps that her shields are quickly removed and in this environment she dies nearly as quickly and easily as the rest of her team. She has great utility and combos well with a lot of other heroes which explains her high pick rate.

Casual play: She can be a huge headache and this is what Blizzard is trying to balance around. Communication is usually lacking and focus fire is much less prevalent. In this environment Zarya can more easily duck in and out of fire fights and regen lost shields as well as use her bubbles more selectively to maintain a high charge level. It's not unusual for a skilled Zarya, in a Quick Play or Casual Competitive match, to live a long time and rack up many more Elims than Deaths all the while causing problems for the enemy team.

Quite simply, she can be a bit of a pubstomper, and I think this is where most of the cries for nerfing are coming from. And if Blizzard is going to nerf her then the nerf on the PTR where they have made it take longer to get to full charge is a fairly small nerf in the scheme of things.

Just my thoughts.

vixlar

Here's my feelings on what's going on with Zarya after having played her a lot and having watched her played by Pro teams in E-sports tournaments:

Pro play: She's not unbalanced. She has no easy escape option or mobility and dies quickly to focus fire, which Pro teams excel at. Pro teams easily put out enough focused dps that her shields are quickly removed and in this environment she dies nearly as quickly and easily as the rest of her team. She has great utility and combos well with a lot of other heroes which explains her high pick rate.

Casual play: She can be a huge headache and this is what Blizzard is trying to balance around. Communication is usually lacking and focus fire is much less prevalent. In this environment Zarya can more easily duck in and out of fire fights and regen lost shields as well as use her bubbles more selectively to maintain a high charge level. It's not unusual for a skilled Zarya, in a Quick Play or Casual Competitive match, to live a long time and rack up many more Elims than Deaths all the while causing problems for the enemy team.

Quite simply, she can be a bit of a pubstomper, and I think this is where most of the cries for nerfing are coming from. And if Blizzard is going to nerf her then the nerf on the PTR where they have made it take longer to get to full charge is a fairly small nerf in the scheme of things.

Just my thoughts.

Simply put, Zarya is good (and fun) if your team plays as a team. When your team is really trying to play the objective, she is unstopable. But if many members go solo hunting, Zarya is lost. I don't think she needs a nerf. It is somewhat difficult to play as her.

Nimby

Banned
are there still 'pro' symmetra players out there btw? I'm curious as to how she has evolved in her totally non-existent meta. Where to place turrets/teleports, etc. I used to be really good with her but I can't seem to find a foothold whenever I try her out now. I occasionally run into a good one still (on PS4) but as a former top 400 player, I find if I die before my teleport is up, I need to switch characters already.

The only time you will ever see one anymore, and it's rarity in itself, is first point Dorado defense. I typically put my teleporter in the building on the left behind the first checkpoint or up the two flights of stairs to the right (facing towards the defense spawns).

I usually put 3 turrets around the main chokepoint, 1 "aggressive turret", and 2 on the flank. Spam orbs down the choke from the health pack room on the left facing the attackers, then retreat back to the fountain as they start to get close laying 2-3 turrets on the way.

AngryMoth

Got some kind of bug where the game got stuck in a loop of rejoining match and then kicking me back to the menu during the loading screen. Had to leave the game and now banned for 2 hours :(

Simply put, Zarya is good (and fun) if your team plays as a team. When your team is really trying to play the objective, she is unstopable. But if many members go solo hunting, Zarya is lost. I don't think she needs a nerf. It is somewhat difficult to play as her.

Yep. I feel Zarya is pretty fairly balanced - there have been rounds where I come out the gate with 60 charge and other rounds where the other team doesn't let me get more than 20 charge for the whole thing.

The only time you will ever see one anymore, and it's rarity in itself, is first point Dorado defense. I typically put my teleporter in the building on the left behind the first checkpoint or up the two flights of stairs to the right (facing towards the defense spawns).

I usually put 3 turrets around the main chokepoint, 1 "aggressive turret", and 2 on the flank. Spam orbs down the choke from the health pack room on the left facing the attackers, then retreat back to the fountain as they start to get close laying 2-3 turrets on the way.

Symm is a greedy pick but I love seeing her get played so much. When a good Symm has teleporter up before anyone has died yet, it's the best.

Turrets are great distractions too. I've gotten kills on people because they turned around to try and find a turret in the corner.

komaruR

It's interesting to see how differently the game plays on console. Lot of spots where my instinct is screaming to run for the nearest cover, but you have no problem freezing an extra dude before moving on.

you rarely come across good hitscan players so it ain't a big deal

i have pc ow too and the console ow is less twitchy in comparison. but in general, that match was with around gold rank players I think (having 1 gold player on each team as indicator) so they're less accurate and less aware.

Just my thoughts.

imo, think zarya nerf comes from pro scene. because she was so balance for any map type, blizzard need to nerf her so that other heros could be viable as a replacement. kinda like how lucio was the most picked situation i think.

as for qp, i only see zarya every other games. she's not really picked that often for the games i've played in qp.

Greddleok

Zarya doesn't work so well in QP. You need shield targets, and QP is full of Reapers and Hanzos who are never in the action.

In CP, she dominates.

Paltheos

I've said it before - I don't understand where all the Zarya complaints are coming from. Like, my best guess is people simply don't understand how the character works at all. She's not hard to fight. If you're going to kill, shoot the bubble. If not, don't shoot it or be aware if you're a projectile dude. I will say it's common to run into people firing haphazardly all over the place feeding Zaryas, even at Platinum. It doesn't require a character switch or a specific counter to stop - Just basic character knowledge - Which isn't the same I could say for other things as is which deserve a nerf.

Danj

Is it possible to report people for leaving, or report an enemy team for spawncamping after people on your team left? I just had the most ludicrous comp match ever.

carlos

Is it possible to report people for leaving, or report an enemy team for spawncamping after people on your team left? I just had the most ludicrous comp match ever.
I've been left alone after a single round in comp, and I just refuse to leave the spawn and give the enemy team the victory. Might as well make them earn it by waiting for 10 or so minutes.
As far as I know, there is no way to report quitters or avoid playing with them in the future. I usually send them a strongly worded psn message and block them.

ohkay

http://i.imgur.com/5Noy0Dy.png

I think about doing this all the time, but I always end up supporting/tanking. I feel I'd be a better dps than a lot of people I've been grouped with but I'm probably a much better support/tank than someone who is reluctantly forced to fill that role. Maybe someday I can live the all Tracer all the time dream

dave is ok

aztek is ok
In 30-40ish boxes:

1 Dr. Junkenstein
1 Pumpkin Reaper
1 Demon Hanzo
1 Genji highlight reel
2 Ana emotes
2 Winston emote

Also non Halloween legendaries for Bastion and Lucio

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I got one of those for McCree.

bSmj8XE.gif

SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKA

Jesus lol

I should play McCree more often. My go to offense heroes are Pharah, Reaper, and Soldier 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom