• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't tell you. I haven't paid attention to the startup screen in a while.

Still though. I've gone through at least 5 losses without my SR dropping at all.

Make that 6.

In 30-40ish boxes:

1 Dr. Junkenstein
1 Pumpkin Reaper
1 Demon Hanzo
1 Genji highlight reel
2 Ana emotes
2 Winston emote

Also non Halloween legendaries for Bastion and Lucio

I've been pretty lucky so far. I've gotten about 20 chests from leveling and it's gotten me:

1 Y-Mercy Skin (Halloween)
1 P-Pharah Skin (Halloween)
1 P-Hanzo Skin (Halloween)
1 Y-Genji Skin (Normal)
1 Y-Money Chest
1 P-Reaper Highlight (Halloween)

I'm sitting on 4400G so I could buy something as well, but I'm waiting a bit longer.

Strampas

Neo Member
I don't think I've won a single game the last 10 matches, and I may have won like one game, the last 15 or something. Maybe I've gotten two draws also. It's super frustrating.

But anyways, will you only be able to purchase the halloween skins during this event?

Alucrid

Banned
Is it possible to report people for leaving, or report an enemy team for spawncamping after people on your team left? I just had the most ludicrous comp match ever.

why report the enemy team? they're just playing the game. blame the person who left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Winston's ult not resetting Mei's freeze but Zarya's regular skill doing it is the dumbest thing in this entire game, honestly.

Greddleok

Stuck in the 2800s. PUG matches I won. The ones where I got stuck with a 5 stack vs 6 stack I lost. Can't complain really, but I do despise being put in with pre-mades. They're not enjoyable.

Kuro

I'm quitting until Mei gets a nerf. I'm just done. Had a mei solo 3 people on my team who were about to cap with her ult and then stall another 30 seconds with her wall and shift for her team to come in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
image2fsk1f.jpg

m8

xCobalt

I've been pretty lucky so far. I've gotten about 20 chests from leveling and it's gotten me:

1 Y-Mercy Skin (Halloween)
1 P-Pharah Skin (Halloween)
1 P-Hanzo Skin (Halloween)
1 Y-Genji Skin (Normal)
1 Y-Money Chest
1 P-Reaper Highlight (Halloween)

I'm sitting on 4400G so I could buy something as well, but I'm waiting a bit longer.

I've managed to get Junkrat, Symmetra and Reaper's halloween skins. I think the only one left I kinda want is Roadhog.

Also, I'm pretty sure we got grouped together awhile back. Good to see another gaffer in the wild haha.

Is it possible to report people for leaving, or report an enemy team for spawncamping after people on your team left? I just had the most ludicrous comp match ever.
What else would the enemy team do?

I spawn camp if we have a huge player advantage because of leavers. I'm trying to make the rest of the people leave.

hesido

After I lost more than 85 points in 7 consecutive matches due to people leaving (some at the beginning so no point loss, but still 7 consecutive matches indeed,) and then losing twice in normal matches, having lost about 140 points, and going back down to 2400 sr from my peak edit:2550, I began trolling by using my least used characters. I do try, but it almost seems like practice.

I'm sorry if I bump into any Gaffers and cause you to lose.

I tried real hard trying to get to 2550 from 2250, which I did after bouncing back to 2250 from 2450 after a legitimate lose streak, this fucking leave streak left a sour taste. So I feel like practicing my least used chars. Mind you, that I do try to be useful to the team. And sorry again.

anyone get banned for evil sym teleports? just wondering. for a friend.

Pretty sure they send people directly to your house to shoot you when you do that. Same thing with trolling you team with Mei walls.
Source: I've been shot several times now.

antitrop

blech. >_>

I know I'm in the minority. :p

I tried real hard trying to get to 2550 from 2250, which I did after bouncing back to 2250 from 2450 after a legitimate lose streak, this fucking leave streak left a sour taste. So I feel like practicing my least used chars. Mind you, that I do try to be useful to the team. And sorry again.
I stopped playing Comp when I got to Diamond. After hundreds of games of playing support, I just wanna fuck around with Mei in QP now. (And it's been going very well)

Disregarding 2cp maps (fuck Anubis) I think Numbani is by far the worst map.

Attacking is a mess without perfect coordination (and not just 6 stack with everyone talking, I mean like pro teams) first you have to decide top, bottom, middle or left. Not even counting the fact that a Pharah, Genji, Junkrat, etc. could climb the rails and flank from the right. This can make it really hard to get the ball rolling even after a pick.

And on defense you can get confused as fuck because you'll be set up on top and hear a 'they're below us!!' Callout. Only to realize that a teammate was spooked by a lone Tracer and the rest of the team just crashed through the top.

Then when the point falls it's a fucking mess. 90% of the time you can't get a defense setup for the entirety of the first to second payload checkpoint. You'll just watch the kill feed become a pick off feed for the offense. And unlike other payload maps there is rarely a good hold right before the final checkpoint. It's not uncommon at all to make a good hold on the bridge on Eichenwalde, the last turn before entering the building on King's Row, the top of the ship on Gibraltar, or the big open area before the power plant on Dorado. How many good holds have you seen on the street in Numbani? You can hold the point or you can hold right at the end, the middle is a fucking shit show for the defense.

Fuck that map

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hope they won't have her nerfed in the future.

Even the 15% increase in ult charge kinda has me going eh. Probably should be done. I get it so fast that i blow it in the dumbest ways. My blizzard stat isn't exactly ameizing. Would just promote smarter use instead of spamming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The greatest joke Blizzard ever told was that Mei's wall is destructible.

Shit ought to be moved to the tank section by itself. Why even make it destroyable when it takes that much dps to kill it?

Numbani is a lot of fun on attack, I feel. Blows on defense.

I've been enjoying Mei a lot lately. I basically treat the icicle as a primary attack but I still don't have the timing down when I get someone frozen with her spray. Do I emote Hello immediately after and then icicle? Or do I continue to spray them frozen for a bit before emoting Hello?

Also, I don't know if you guys know this, but her ice wall is incredible for separating targets from their team. All this time, I thought it was just to keep your own teammates in their spawn for a few extra seconds.

antitrop

The greatest joke Blizzard ever told was that Mei's wall is destructible.

Shit ought to be moved to the tank section by itself. Why even make it destroyable when it takes that much dps to kill it?

Never forget the Mei wall bug on the day that Ana went Live.

That was the day we all got to see the true face of Satan.

Never forget the Mei wall bug on the day that Ana went Live.

That was the day we all got to see the true face of Satan.

God, I remember that day. My group ended up running into a team trying to abuse said glitch, but we got around it easily and completely steamrolled them.

hesido

Numbani is a lot of fun on attack, I feel. Blows on defense.

I've been enjoying Mei a lot lately. I basically treat the icicle as a primary attack but I still don't have the timing down when I get someone frozen with her spray. Do I emote Hello immediately after and then icicle? Or do I continue to spray them frozen for a bit before emoting Hello?

Also, I don't know if you guys know this, but her ice wall is incredible for separating targets from their team. All this time, I thought it was just to keep your own teammates in their spawn for a few extra seconds.

Mei is the most to play with. I stall the payload for minutes with her, if my team is helping from outside.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I think Zenyatta should be added to the same 'no healer' prompt that Symmetra's in when he's the only healer. Especially compared to Mercy, Lucio and Ana.

Fancolors

I've healed more than my team's mercy as zen more often than not and it's kinda perplexing to me.
When that happens I usually assume that 1.) Mercy is being targeted too much and spent a significant amount of time respawning and/or 2.) she's pocketing someone who either doesn't need healing or is damage boosting them.

Number one seems to happen a lot on Nepal, probably because it's koth.

Anyone else feel like they play the role of "no one else is playing healer so I should"?
Everytime I want to pick Tracer or Roadhog, I end up going Ana or Zen.

Erheller

How do you guys use Rein's charge? I'm getting better at utilizing his other tools, but I don't really use charge unless I'm getting out of spawn or if I've pressed Q in the last 5 seconds.

AngryMoth

Interesting how my hero peferences vary over time. Used to be my 3 favourites in terms of fun factor were Genji, Zen and Junkrat. Now it's Tracer, Ana and Mei

Jellie

Had 5 golds with ana for 90% of the game. 2k damage and 10 kills. Got to watch two Reinhardt's get mowed down constantly by a bastion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I still need Zen skin, 76 skin, Winston's emote, Ana's emote, Pharah's skin and Reaper's highlight intro. But 7.1 hits Legion tomorrow and I been playing the TF2 Halloween update too.

I don't give a fuck about the shitty victory poses. They're all bad.

i haven't gotten any halloween skins yet and i only have 2k coins. idk if i'll bother buying any loot boxes either as i've probably opened 15-16 since the event began and got absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom