• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

That was the reason I absolutely hated him when I first tried him in the beta. Everything about him just feels way weaker than it is for some reason.

His gun could use a little more oomph. It's not numerically weak though - I killed a McCree and got 64% of his health with a single burst to his head

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah they could do better with some of the feel of the weapons.

Like ana's rifle could use a little more oomph. Feels like you're shooting a weak BB gun.

My highest crit accuracy for any hero is with Lucio. Last time I checked at least.

I jus keep it at mid chest so when I'm jumping around like a spaz, any shots that hit are usually crits.

I need to practice Ana, I've barely used her at all. Mei as well, I've lost many games at the last minute because of a good Mei.

Guess those will be my next heros to focus on. They both seem to be huge momentum changers.

Playing QP solo queue and we're getting rolled on route 66 attack. Is it just me, or does anyone else sorta enjoy being camped in that little restraunt? You have so much cover, and it's just such a neat little hidey hole to snipe people from :p

ohkay

has overbuff been able to fix the issue where it will not count your stats correctly if you switch characters between rounds?
I think this is more a problem with Blizzard's stat tracking since it doesn't track these properly (and this makes Overbuff not work properly)

Antiwhippy

Nope. I think they just kinda combine the stats together once they have deemed your character as fully finishing a match across different partial matches.

Check out my mei, destroyer of worlds.

dsiKwqi.png

Violet_0

Banned
okay, turns out the game runs on my laptop after all so I just bought it

played a couple games as Ana, I guess she's kinda more difficult to play? Anyway, I intend to stick with her, I love her unique gameplay. I can't keep up with the other dedicated healers though, and it's hard to hit anything with her in close combat. More than half my kills have been with grenades, I think

regarding her ultimate, does it reduce a lot of incoming damage? I tend to cast it on the in-your-face characters when the situation seems right, but I have no idea how strong of an buff it actually is

You know, now that I play a lucio that plays hyper aggressive in a way, I kinda dread playing with lucios who are super passive. They never seem to have sound barrier up at the right times, and you really should be outputting a good amount of damage and elims as lucio to build your ult real quick.

I try to play as aggressive Lucio if there's a second healer. But sometimes I'll pick Lucio on a KOTH map and will end up the only healer, so I have to rein myself in to make sure I don't die and leave my team fucked.

But if there's a second person who can also heal, man I go nuts.

MUnited83

For you.
I think this is more a problem with Blizzard's stat tracking since it doesn't track these properly (and this makes Overbuff not work properly)

That's a bummer. I very rarely stick to the same character throughout the match (except maybe for koth maps) so overbuff is a bit too innacurate for my taste.

Geneijin

Let me preface this by saying I started about a week ago, placed 1800 SR, dropped as low as 1100 SR, and slowly climbing back up. With that said, the losing doesn't bother me (or so I say and believe), but I just don't understand some character selections. I'm tired of seeing Junkrat for example on attack. Is he that good? Seems limited in an open area. Why aren't there more people who play Genji or Tracer on attack for Hanamura A especially if there's a Bastion and Torb laming it out? Moreover, so many pick Mccree, Reaper and Soldier 76 (and Junkrat) on attack there, but all I see is a stare off between Reinhardts at the gates usually. I just feel Junkrat on offense is typically a wasted pick, and the inability for people to be flexible in roles is unbelievable, yet it's so easy to demand I play Mercy or Reinhardt while they're already character locked onto the usual suspects. So yeah, a small rant and hello to Overwatch GAF.

Alucrid

Banned
Let me preface this by saying I started about a week ago, placed 1800 SR, dropped as low as 1100 SR, and slowly climbing back up. With that said, the losing doesn't bother me (or so I say and believe), but I just don't understand some character selections. I'm tired of seeing Junkrat for example on attack. Is he that good? Seems limited in an open ata. Why aren't there more people who play Genji or Tracer on attack for Hanamura A especially if there's a Bastion and Torb laming it out? Moreover, so many pick Mccree, Reaper and Soldier 76 (and Junkrat) on attack, but all I see is a stare off between Reinhardts at the gates usually. I just feel Junkrat on offense is typically a wasted pick, and the inability for people to be flexible in roles is unbelievable, yet it's so easy to demand I play Mercy or Reinhardt while they're already character locked onto the usual suspects. So yeah, a small rant and hello to Overwatch GAF.

people don't play to counter

Antiwhippy

Let me preface this by saying I started about a week ago, placed 1800 SR, dropped as low as 1100 SR, and slowly climbing back up. With that said, the losing doesn't bother me (or so I say and believe), but I just don't understand some character selections. I'm tired of seeing Junkrat for example on attack. Is he that good? Seems limited in an open ata. Why aren't there more people who play Genji or Tracer on attack for Hanamura A especially if there's a Bastion and Torb laming it out? Moreover, so many pick Mccree, Reaper and Soldier 76 (and Junkrat) on attack, but all I see is a stare off between Reinhardts at the gates usually. I just feel Junkrat on offense is typically a wasted pick, and the inability for people to be flexible in roles is unbelievable, yet it's so easy to demand I play Mercy or Reinhardt while they're already character locked onto the usual suspects. So yeah, a small rant and hello to Overwatch GAF.

Trust me.

Junkrat doesn't disappear all the way to mid plat. It's just that his spammy nature makes it easier for people to feel they've made a big impact with a lower skill floor.

You just pray and hope he's one if the good ones. They are out there.

OneUh8

I pretty much gave up on playing anything other than a support or tank when needed. Everyone just quickly picks offensive characters right away leaving no other choice. It does get a little annoying. Especially since I am actually really good at hitscan. I learned to embrace the support role.

MUnited83

For you.

Junkrat can be a good pick if the person knows how to play him well. Of course, at 1100 SR I expect the ammount of good Junkrats to be exactly zero.

Celegus

No waifu skin yet, but got that sweet Reaper today! Got Junkrat the other day as well, but I don't like playing him. Not bad in only about a dozen boxes.

The single most frustrating thing in this game is playing a hybrid map, and half the team runs to the enemy spawn and get insta-picked.

You can beg them to post up at the choke point, but at least 1 or 2 will will do it...everytime.

Then they'll spam thanks when the point gets capped...lulz, I can't even...yeah.

MrPanic

And with that, I've finally grinded my way into all the halloween legendary skins. Pretty much got what I wanted from the event and then some with another 4 non-halloween legendaries and a bunch of purple stuff. Definitely doesn't feel lucky considering the amount of time I've put in to this though, but it does make up for the horrible luck I had during the summer games.

Comp has been really rough tho, lost another 100 sr today. People get so salty so fast these days.

And with that, I've finally grinded my way into all the halloween legendary skins. Pretty much got what I wanted from the event and then some with another 4 non-halloween legendaries and a bunch of purple stuff. Definitely doesn't feel lucky considering the amount of time I've put in to this though, but it does make up for the horrible luck I had during the summer games.

Comp has been really rough tho, lost another 100 sr today. People get so salty so fast these days.

Lulz...team no damage

Hey, anyone know if there's keyboard chat on ps4?

Redmoon

Ok, I genuinely think my main account is cursed from getting Widow's Smooth as Silk achievement. Got it on my D.Va alt account tonight, again in the first game playing as widow just like I seem to do on every ptr.

I want to give up on it now :<

MUnited83

For you.

Nice. I just got this 5 seconds ago lol

Just missing Junkenstein and Junkeinstein's Monster now.

Violet_0

Banned
is there a good place to check the weapon damage of the different characters?

because getting into a sniper duel with Widow as Ana seems like a bad idea

Geneijin

people don't play to counter

Trust me.

Junkrat doesn't disappear all the way to mid plat. It's just that his spammy nature makes it easier for people to feel they've made a big impact with a lower skill floor.

You just pray and hope he's one if the good ones. They are out there.
From my experience so far, I just feel like besides some defensive areas in Kings Row and Eichenwalde for example when opponents are forced into a choke point, he's not so great. I can't find a good reason he should be attacking more often than not, and one of the few times I do like pressuring Reinhardt's shield, he's off somewhere dropping bombs from afar in like Lijiang Tower: Garden. The character that I've discovered people don't counter far often enough when he's in the game: Zenyatta. There were quite a few times where I wanted to fight poison with poison, but nobody would pick Zenyatta when we have a Mccree, Soldier 76 and Reaper >.>

I pretty much gave up on playing anything other than a support or tank when needed. Everyone just quickly picks offensive characters right away leaving no other choice. It does get a little annoying. Especially since I am actually really good at hitscan. I learned to embrace the support role.
For better and worse, I've come to embrace the support role because unless I want to dedicate an absurd amount of practice, I don't have the kind of reflexes and consistency to be a threat or mentality really. I've found some characters I like playing because the community forces you into those roles like Roadhog and even Mercy. But playing as Mercy gets tiring when I'm getting backstabbed constantly. Admittedly, I've even become a bit passive aggressive with Mercy. I'll willingly take out the pistol to participate in the battle when I should be solely dedicated otherwise on healing or buffing, but that's because nobody is shooting a Pharah up in the sky for example.

Junkrat can be a good pick if the person knows how to play him well. Of course, at 1100 SR I expect the ammount of good Junkrats to be exactly zero.
Yeah, I don't doubt that. But I just don't see it in my league often enough. They'll never take a point themselves I feel like. When they're on a point and the enemy is forced to engage in direction, yeah, I see his effectiveness. But having that scenario occur in the first place? Ah :lol

But yeah, that's why I prefaced everything about my level. I try to improve what I can for myself like realizing how badly I fucked up on when to revive as Mercy, but otherwise, there are times like Hanamura A that you see things. The same things many, many times... Oh, how I would love a Genji or Tracer to gun down that Bastion in the back, but we as a team are stuck trying to gun down a Reinhardt, D.Va, and Mercy hiding behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom