• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had 5 golds with ana for 90% of the game. 2k damage and 10 kills. Got to watch two Reinhardt's get mowed down constantly by a bastion.

I feel that getting all the gold medals is more often than not a sign of doom rather than a sign of triumph.

Jellie

I feel that getting all the gold medals is more often than not a sign of doom rather than a sign of triumph.
Probably depends on the hero. With roadhog it's doable if your support are bad or your comp has lots of self healing. 5 with ana though means something's wrong. Although we got the first two checkpoints pretty easily and I only had 4 golds at that time. Only got the 5th gold cos Lucio went DPS.

Come on game, gimmie the mercy skin from a box. I don't want to pay 3k coins. Not as fun.

Oh well, at least they gave me the Symmetra Vampire skin.

So that 4 skins now

antitrop

I see. I can't see myself getting Diamond. That'd more than likely require a streak or two, and I ain't consistent enough.

It's a whopping jump to 2,000 for Masters and 3,000 for GM, but yeah, not getting any higher than where I'm at right now.

I was lucky to just barely squeak into rank 65 before the end of last season for the full reward, but they raised the requirements quuuuiiiiiite a bit this season. I played enough comp last season to have 2 golden guns by the end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should just get an isntant game over on Eichewlade on attack if you don't have Rein. God damn dude, Roadhog isn't gonna work for this.

Antiwhippy

The longer season helped though. I'm already up to 1100CP after having to build 1200 to add to my season 1 CP for my golden zen balls.

I'm gonna save this one though to see if they do anything other than golden guns. I really want them to do fun weapon skins.

Give me my super soaker mei
along with the appropriate summer outfit.

antitrop

The longer season helped though. I'm already up to 1100CP after having to build 1200 to add to my season 1 CP for my golden zen balls.

I'm gonna save this one though to see if they do anything other than golden guns. I really want them to do fun weapon skins.

Give me my super soaker mei
along with the appropriate summer outfit.

I'm at 2200CP and made Diamond for the extra 1200, so even if I don't play any more Comp this season, I'm definitely getting some golden Zen balls.

I've played almost 150 games with him in Season 2, so he deserves them.

Plesiades

New PTR Patch. You can test Competitve now (QP is disabled). There are some UI changes too.

The "rewards" are probably bugged right now. There are some photos of the player icon and spray out there .
rU69AGK.jpg

New Competitive Tile with additional options.
KV3yZ89.png

This interface shows up when you Right Click on the Competitive tile.
zcVQIrL.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So they don't want to buff Bastion and Trobjorn because it'll 'frustrate new players'

but they'll buff Widowmaker. New players love getting one shot and body shot from across the map.

YEAH I KNWO TORB HAS BUFFS I salty af

Should just get an isntant game over on Eichewlade on attack if you don't have Rein. God damn dude, Roadhog isn't gonna work for this.

One of the reasons why I think it's so disappointing Blizzard is putting out new characters so slowly. Until there's a roster of like 30-40 heroes, some of which fill the same/similar roles, the game won't feel varied enough - imo at least.

Like currently, there's only one proper main tank, and that's Reinhardt. Roadhog isn't even really that good of a tank, he's more of a DPS, and the other 3 are all more off-tanks that can tank for a little if needed, but generally should be doing other things.

MUnited83

For you.

On attack? Forget Rein, take some D.va,Genji and Pharah, fly over the spot on the right and take the dudes on defense by surprise in the back \o/

Antiwhippy

Hey whippy, what would you consider a solid base comp for defense?

2 heals, 2 tanks, 1 defense, 1 dps?

Sure. Depends on the defense character. Junkrat is good for chokepoints, mei is just good, torbjorn and bastion can hold a point but are too easily countered right now, and widow and hanzo are honestly more effective on attack just due to the nature of the way they get kills.

Sure. Depends on the defense character. Junkrat is good for chokepoints, mei is just good, torbjorn and bastion can hold a point but are too easily countered right now, and widow and hanzo are honestly more effective on attack just due to the nature of the way they get kills.

Thanks, appreciate the knowledge.

Antiwhippy

People also really like to run triple tank (rein, zarya/winston, roadhog) on defense too.

But really though, depending on what level you're playing at, comp matters less as much as playing who you're good with at some point. It matters more the higher you go, but don't get trapped into the meta too much, because it's assuming that the characters are played proficiently.

Minimum I would want is 1 tank and 2 healers, because supports ults are still super broken.

Skii

Played some absolutely awful stuff today. Just when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I go two games with a 1:1 E/D ratio as DPS.

I'm gonna jump into competitive tomorrow anyway just for the competitive points. Don't care if I tank my competitive MMR for season 3. I'll just work my way out of silver.

I dunno, if you're running a tracer/genji comp, a reinhardt is kinda useless imo. Might as well go winston/zarya.

Of course there's comps or maps where Reinhardt isn't the pick one would make for a tank, but that wasn't what I was referring to.
Reinhardt currently is the only tank who actually, properly tanks, i.e. stands in front of his teammates to draw fire, protect them and soak up damage. D.Va, Winston and Zarya can do it somewhat, but not as reliably and long as Reinhardt. This is a role that could benefit very heavily from getting another one or two heroes to give tank players more versatility than always Reinhardt, except for very specific situations.

I'm in gold. It's jus that everybody always wants 2-3 defense heros and think a mercy can solo heal. 9/10 we get rolled and they shove the payload down our throat.

I'm usually beggin for at least 1 dps and 2 tanks. I usually end up hearing...we're defending, we jus need to stall. So I'll usually swap to Lucio and solo heal. Then I laugh as people pick Hanzo, Torb (or bastion) Mei and junkrat along with a single tank.

It's not always like this mind you...but it happens more than it doesn't.

Antiwhippy

10-7 +80 sounds like a very reasonable result.

Yeah, 80SR from +3 matches seems fair.

I'm in gold. It's jus that everybody always wants 2-3 defense heros and think a mercy can solo heal. 9/10 we get rolled and they shove the payload down our throat.

I'm usually beggin for at least 1 dps and 2 tanks. I usually end up hearing...we're defending, we jus need to stall. So I'll usually swap to Lucio and solo heal. Then I laugh as people pick Hanzo, Torb (or bastion) Mei and junkrat along with a single tank.

It's not always like this mind you...but it happens more than it doesn't.

Oh yeah, I know that feel too well.

And from my experience those meis don't know how to play her either. They just block off the entrances all the time which kinda does jack shit other than letting the enemy regroup.

Fancolors

Why? Is that because they're afraid of people abusing Heroes? If that's the case they might as well make quickplay a one hero limit.
I guess there's no point letting people hero stack when the balance is centered around 1 hero limit.

Quick play comes second to competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom