• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercy probably needs double damage on her pistol to become a viable healer. The main 3 healers all provide good DPS/offensive potential on top of their healing. It's a no brainer to pick them ahead of Mercy who essentially renders you 5v6 against a good team.

Just overhaul her a bit. Her beam is both Heal + Damage boost but reduce the boost a bit.

Then give her an AOE repel around her to push people away.

Non-damage potentially offensive move that also improves survivability and a useful change to her healing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just overhaul her a bit. Her beam is both Heal + Damage boost but reduce the boost a little.

Then give her an AOE repel around her to push people away.

Non-damage potentially offensive move and a useful change to her healing.

That would be insane. She's already hard to get with Guardian Angel

Mmr is also earned I'm quick play is it not?

I think it's pretty obvious it is a competitive rank because its similar to the grandmaster emblem. Plus how is a rank that you can only earn on competitive not a competitive rank?
They have two seperate MMRs for QP and comp. They wouldn't use the same one when one mode has stacking unlike the other.

I wouldn't say it's the same as the grand master when it's a different color and has all dem sparks coming out :p.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm talking about for the pro scene though. All those heroes I named that have low pick rates are fantastic heroes in the regular game. They just don't work with or against pro teams because of how they play. Like, Junk is about his spam and it's easier for pro teams to work around that. Pharah only works with Mercy in pro games because they're better at shooting down Pharah, where in pubs she can easily dominate without a Pharah. You get what I'm getting at here?

I guess, I also don't think everything should be balanced to the pro meta, but then you also see plenty of zaryas even in the lower MMR, lucio is still the default healer (though a lot of people don't know how to play him), and I've seen sym being less effective (though there are still quite a number of people who don't know how to play around her.).

It's kinda fairly similar except junkrat. Holy shit there are still so many junkrat at the lower MMR. And I still don't think he's that great. I can't remember the last match that didn't feature a junkrat.

TBH if Lucio got another nerf, he'd probably die in the meta. He's just in the meta and is still super useful, but if he gets his tool kit harmed again, I don't know.

Azoor

TBH if Lucio got another nerf, he'd probably die in the meta. He's just in the meta and is still super useful, but if he gets his tool kit harmed again, I don't know.

There is no need to do anything with him. There are other characters that by far need more attention. Like Widowmaker and example.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There is no need to do anything with him. There are other characters that by far need more attention. Like Widowmaker and example.

can we not focus on widowmaker who's been viable before and look at characters like torbjorn who have NEVER been viable?

Oh I agree. It's just that a lot of people
*cough* Reddit *cough* B.net forums *cough*
think that a hero should be nerfed because of high pick rate. There are people out there that think his healing should be nerfed. And that was when he still had his old speed boost.

They have two seperate MMRs for QP and comp.
Do you have a source for this?

They wouldn't use the same one when one mode has stacking unlike the other.
Up until half-way in season one, they did. As far as I know, they use your QP mmr to help with placement. I assume after that, its all SR.

I wouldn't say it's the same as the grand master when it's a different color and has all dem sparks coming out :p.
I said similar, not same. It's an evolution of GM emblem, just like every emblem builds on the emblem before it.

Do you have a source for this?
That's why it's called "hidden" MMR. Is there even proof that QP has an MMR?

Also, of course season 1 had to use QP MMR because there was nothing else for placements. It's not like that now. Now, the game uses your last season rank to help find your placement rank.

I'm pretty sure Mercy pistol does more dps than Lucio. Lucio is probably the weakest character in terms of damage output. And when Season 2 first started, a lot of teams were switching out Lucio for Mercy.

On paper, yeah, but practically speaking, his DPS is higher because he doesn't have to stop doing his primary job to take potshots, so he gets to take a lot more potshots. Plus, the occasional environment kill.

I think I'm in some sort of matchmaking hell on EU servers. 7 out of 7 placement matches that ended with a leaver (on my team no less, so losses all around), and then I was given endless solo queues, in the evening (6 PM GMT). 15+ minutes for queues and I didn't get a single competitive game started. Even Quick Play took like 3 minutes to find me a match, and there were leavers that didn't get replaced for minutes on end.

I had to switch to American server to just play the fucking game. Matches were found swiftly, and except for one game with 2 AFKs, all of them were wins, too, despite shitty ping.

Edit: Prelude can attest to my queue times lmao.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
not to mention bastion being anything but a 'pick him for like 3 minutes to do one thing' hero and symmetra who should have her name changed to 'teleporter' on competitive

fucking widowmaker can wait
On paper, yeah, but practically speaking, his DPS is higher because he doesn't have to stop doing his primary job to take potshots, so he gets to take a lot more potshots. Plus, the occasional environment kill.

if we're counting environmental kills, then you should count damage ampd kills

I fully expect Ana's ult to get nerfed in some form.

Either charge rate which is poor man's fix.
Make it that whoever is boosted doesn't gain ult charge (preferred change)

Antiwhippy

not to mention bastion being anything but a 'pick him for like 3 minutes to do one thing' hero and symmetra who should have her name changed to 'teleporter' on competitive

Not many people can wait that long. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

if we're counting environmental kills, then you should count damage ampd kills

Why? One's solo, the other's cooperative.

Honestly, at this point, I can see them buffing all three of them next patch, plus maybe Torb. The Widow buff feels kind of inevitable, so I'm gonna wait to actually try and git gud with Widow until that happens.

Antiwhippy

I think they already confirmed that widowmaker is getting her quick scope back.

But I really don't want her to be a strong character.

I fully expect Ana's ult to get nerfed in some form.

Either charge rate which is poor man's fix.
Make it that whoever is boosted doesn't gain ult charge (preferred change)
Yeah, I would prefer the second point because right now, the meta leads to Ana and Rein constantly helping each other charge ults and it's a constant back and forth.

Antiwhippy

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I rather widowmaker be removed from the game like she currently is that back to pre-nerf days

I agree even though I feel bad having a character not really be played. I don't feel Widow was ever a good fit for a game like this...she's just a traditional sniper, and seeing her before her nerf on PC was just like people doing montage clips and the games being widow sniper duels. I can't imagine a spot where she's viable and that won't just happen again.

Strong Widowmaker means more like a meta without Lucio or Mercy. Played a game the other day against a dynamite Widow on attack, I couldn't stick my head out for more than half a second without getting lit up.

Yeah, I've seen teams with good Widows and it's legit scary. Especially since I usually play support.

At least the last time I was Ana so I ended up sniper dueling the WM and then when one of our tanks switched to Winston to deal with the WM I just keep boosting him and heal everyone else.

Problem with Widow right now is that there's really only so many places for them to be to have good vantage points. I do think just buffing her hook so she can hang anywhere will make her way more viable as it can open up avenues no other character can do.

xaosslug

I agree even though I feel bad having a character not really be played. I don't feel Widow was ever a good fit for a game like this...she's just a traditional sniper, and seeing her before her nerf on PC was just like people doing montage clips and the games being widow sniper duels. I can't imagine a spot where she's viable and that won't just happen again.

i think she could be viable if Blizz shortens her grappling hook cooldown... her lack of mobility/emergency escape is a big problem w/ her. I mean as a D.Va main 'chasing' Widowmaker around borders on sad/bullying at times. LOL

Blu(e)

VxpvR3A.png

Pretty rough dropping down to 2400-2500 again but I was able to get Diamond today. Feels pretty good.

Redmoon

VxpvR3A.png

Pretty rough dropping down to 2400-2500 again but I was able to get Diamond today. Feels pretty good.

If you hear a whistling sound while you play, that's just me falling off the goddamn cliff. Seriously, fuck competitive.

I feel like this should never be that extreme of rank shifts in any ranking system. Feels like this needs to be addressed. I remember going on a 12 loss streak in CSGO. Never lost that rank I was in. This game? See you with like -500 points

cyborg009

Banned
If you hear a whistling sound while you play, that's just me falling off the goddamn cliff. Seriously, fuck competitive.

yeehamuffins looks like you too fell into the Overwatch Projects..

edit: vent on twitter about this today and no amount of carrying can save me now.

Cs5WXDnXEAAejl4.jpg:large

edit: KOTH 3-2 lost and I was the only healer for most of match.

I feel like this should never be that extreme of rank shifts in any ranking system. Feels like this needs to be addressed. I remember going on a 12 loss streak in CSGO. Never lost that rank I was in. This game? See you with like -500 points

Yeah, this is only an eight loss streak, but it just feels so hopeless most of the time. The last match as we completely failed to gain a single point on Dorado, I was this close to becoming a match dropper. Fuck the penalty, whatever, it's just painful to see team after team getting slaughtered around me. I just don't understand how every other team of solo queue golds can be so damn coordinated and on point every single time, and the randoms I'm with are dropping like flies around me. Maybe I should just take a break from this game for a while, if it's going to do nothing but frustrate me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom