• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancolors

Rather than put the one hero limit on QP, I feel it would be much more interesting if they added a new mode with the competitive game format, but none of the SR pressure. It would let people practice new heroes without them costing their team a game.

Anne

You don't go healers first unless your name is Genji and you get a dive, or the healer is mad out of position. If the tank gets focused they will be out front and you can blow through whatever healing they have. If you try to go healer first they should be out of the way with a tank and DPS between them and you. That's bad news! Focus whoever is in front, please ;~;

I promise you it's better in almost every situation, hell it's usually better to kill a DPS when you get the chance rather than a healer.

Please, shoot the really upset Zarya frontlining and peeling out the support.

I played an obscene amount of competitive in solo queue this past weekend which turned out to be a horrible idea. I top performed in nearly every game but managed to lose over 400 SR at one point. Every game was a continuous stream of some of the worst people, players, and teams. I kept telling myself each game would be better than the last or that Saturday would be better than Friday but it wasn't... I turned something that was fun into a nightmare.

I recovered slightly on Sunday and then won enough games today to get me back over 2500 but still about 200 short of my season high. I'm considering a break... but I'll probably just stick to my rule of quitting after 2 consecutive losses and never play on the weekend again (at least solo). Lesson learned.

Anyone else have terrible luck this weekend or the opposite?

Rather than put the one hero limit on QP, I feel it would be much more interesting if they added a new mode with the competitive game format, but none of the SR pressure. It would let people practice new heroes without them costing their team a game.

The problem is splitting the user base. If they add a third "real" queue, queue times are going to go way up. That aside, I think I agree with you.

You don't go healers first unless your name is Genji and you get a dive, or the healer is mad out of position. If the tank gets focused they will be out front and you can blow through whatever healing they have. If you try to go healer first they should be out of the way with a tank and DPS between them and you. That's bad news! Focus whoever is in front, please ;~;

I promise you it's better in almost every situation, hell it's usually better to kill a DPS when you get the chance rather than a healer.

Please, shoot the really upset Zarya frontlining and peeling out the support.

Ok I see. I've plenty to learn still about what to do and when to do it. I've got my positioning down on most maps, and generally know when to get in and when to back off.

I lurk the fuck outta this thread when I'm not playing, and listen closely to what certain people are saying. It's definitely paying off, I'ma way better player than I was when I thought every loss was my teammates fault.

So yeah...appreciate ya overwatch gaf!

adamy

Banned
I feel like if my team is lacking either a Lucio or Reinhardt, I absolutely must play em

They're just too fucking valuable to not have in your mix

This results in me playing these 2 entirely way to much, even when I'd rather play some other class :(

Redmoon

Well today was a good day for comp. Played two games and gained 77 points, and ended up surpassing my season high by 2 SR lol. I'll take anything at this point.

Gradually getting better with D.Va as well in comp. Managed to snag this gem tonight.
http://i.imgur.com/ji7M5rb.jpg

Still do hope the faster movement speed while shooting buff on PTR goes to live. She feels so weak now after playing her on the PTR.

Apharmd

guys, how the hell do I play competitive?

i'm seriously just fucking leaking points and i'm stuck in this vortex where the lower i go the less competent my teammates are and I'm doomed in this circle of mediocrity

i'm seriously just fucking leaking points and i'm stuck in this vortex where the lower i go the less competent my teammates are and I'm doomed in this circle of mediocrity

I got pulled down to like 1750 from a long string of quitters. I jus insta locked dps and murdered my way back up.

Once you get low enough, you can dominate games.

I wound up dropping below 2k last nite, so I'm about to start insta locking again.

I was placed platinum and dropped all the way down to 1700 before I was able to put a plug in it. I'm on my way back up now since I started muting the chat and just playing champs I love. Generally it is Bastion, but the last 2 nights has been Mei Mei Mei. I've also started falling in love with Winston.

xaosslug

I played an obscene amount of competitive in solo queue this past weekend which turned out to be a horrible idea. I top performed in nearly every game but managed to lose over 400 SR at one point. Every game was a continuous stream of some of the worst people, players, and teams. I kept telling myself each game would be better than the last or that Saturday would be better than Friday but it wasn't... I turned something that was fun into a nightmare.

I recovered slightly on Sunday and then won enough games today to get me back over 2500 but still about 200 short of my season high. I'm considering a break... but I'll probably just stick to my rule of quitting after 2 consecutive losses and never play on the weekend again (at least solo). Lesson learned.

Anyone else have terrible luck this weekend or the opposite?

yeah, I try to avoid SoloQ on the weekends or weekday afternoons. It's just a bunch of kids that give no fucks and quit when they feel they're being focused by the enemy/dying a lot, regardless of whether or not their team is winning. -__-

Scirrocco

Avoid healers/ supports unless literally no one else picks them. Blizz's ranking system totally screws you for not getting damage/kills, and your team is too disorganized to protect you. Let someone else worry about it if possible, if you want to rank up. It sucks but its what you have to do.

Plus the DPS are never as good as they think they are, so if you can do it well, you might actually do more for the team then a healer.

Try to play characters that are somewhat self sufficient. You won't be getting help from your teammates, so don't play characters that need them. S76, Roadhog, zarya, reaper, and mei are decent for this since they can heal themselves and do damage. If you have to be support, lucio and zen are probably your best bets there.

Apharmd

Avoid healers/ supports unless literally no one else picks them. Blizz's ranking system totally screws you for not getting damage/kills, and your team is too disorganized to protect you. Let someone else worry about it if possible, if you want to rank up. It sucks but its what you have to do.

Plus the DPS are never as good as they think they are, so if you can do it well, you might actually do more for the team then a healer.

Try to play characters that are somewhat self sufficient. You won't be getting help from your teammates, so don't play characters that need them. S76, Roadhog, zarya, reaper, and mei are decent for this since they can heal themselves and do damage. If you have to be support, lucio and zen are probably your best bets there.

Serious? I've just been playing Lucio a lot in an effort to keep my team afloat, but the lower I go the less on-point they are. Thank you for the tips.

Serious? I've just been playing Lucio a lot in an effort to keep my team afloat, but the lower I go the less on-point they are. Thank you for the tips.

Yes, very serious.

Take matters into your own hands with dps. I pulled myself out by locking McCree (or soldier if the tanks were bad) on payload and hybrid, some capture maps as well. Reaper on KotH maps. I take Zarya if i can't get them because her Dva and Hog are my best tanks. There's usually always an insta lock Dva tho.

Once you go below 2000, there's almost always no teamwork. People running off chasing kills, never playing the objective, constant trickle...etc.

Ramirez

Over the past few days I've experienced some of the worst games ever on PS4. Ready to throw in the towel and get BF, this is awful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
and another thing

why does zarya bubble block meis ult but winstons doesnt. If anything, Zarya's bubble captures the cold in the small space with her and should fuck her from the inside.

Erheller

Wow. That explains a lot. When I lost 700 points in 2 days I was playing exclusively Mercy and Lucio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also don't play to the point where you lose 700 points in 2 day. You probably most likely lost because you're on tilt and chasing the win moreso than your hero choices.

KwehAEW.png

Wrong mercy skin, but I'll take it. Double legendary ftw

Wrong mercy skin, but I'll take it. Double legendary ftw

Double Legendary nice. I'm level 114 and still haven't seen that.

Had a quitter in that same match, down, down, down we go!

Those were my first 2 matches of the day, I don't even get mad in game. How can you possibly get mad over games that are so hilariously lop sided?

I'd almost bet my life that at least half of my losses are from quitters on ps4...it's the worst.

Actually that's hyperbole, it's probably around 25-30% tho easily.

Apharmd

Sticking to Soldier, Roadhog and Reaper. Things are looking up now. Still sucks that I lost 200 points, but I gained 100 points just by not giving a fuck and slaying on the objectives. Thanks again, all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only change on PTR I'm really unhappy with is the Lucio amped up healing nerf. It's my worry about this game in the long-term if Blizzard caters to top level for everything. In the world of team fights and shot calling, I'm sure Lucio's healing is really great but in the world of solo queue lower ranking, Lucio's heals most definitely aren't enough when your team is constantly running around. Like it feels like an eternity to get a flankers hp up who runs back behind Reinhardts shield with lucio where as with Ana I can instantly get them back up to full health without even using a grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom