• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

Spoiler alert :
Platinum is just as bad as gold and below.

wYpl8cH.jpg

Mei is the only acceptable answer. That bitch just won't die in the right hands.

Last night a Mei was stalling on the point, and as she came out of the ice block she tried to wall herself off from my teammates. But she didn't see me and I booped her from behind right as she put up the wall so she ended up trapped with my teammates instead. It was pretty funny
and her death screams were satisfying.

Cappa

Banned
I go down pretty quickly when the entire enemy team devotes all of their resources into killing me.

Speaking of this.... more teams need to target you/me/us/them Meis and especially Mercys more often!!!!!

I can´t tell you how many effin times Im the only one chasing after Mei or Mercy to no avail trying to avoid especially Mercys Rez ult and then all of a sudden "heroes never die!" and me "oh fuck you."

Games are won and lost in a second if you dont take out that Mercy... especially if youre on the final push of a payload map or the timer is running down...

Speaking of this.... more teams need to target you/me/us/them Meis and especially Mercys more often!!!!!

I can´t tell you how many effin times Im the only one chasing after Mei or Mercy to no avail trying to avoid especially Mercys Rez ult and then all of a sudden "heroes never die!" and me "oh fuck you."

Games are won and lost in a second if you dont take out that Mercy... especially if youre on the final push of a payload map or the timer is running down...

I mean, I've also had multiple instances of players using an ult just to kill me and me alone.

I honestly don't know how I should feel about it.

matmanx1

It's strange. I always lose when I come close to topping my season high. It's like the OW gods know.

BTW, I really would like feedback on my match here.
https://youtu.be/GJPBGYkD7O0?t=119

I'm not an expert and I don't play a lot of Mcree but in my view you had a very good game. You didn't have a proper tank to shield you so you made the best of your situation with cautious positioning and accurate shooting. Your ults were timely and there were a couple of instances where you were carrying your team.

As far as critique, normally I wouldn't advise getting in melee range with Rein but it seemed to work out for you this time. In most cases I wouldn't suggest it, if you can help it. Towards the end you probably should have taken a flanking route once the Bastion was perched over the throne and not tried to hang out in the open. Other than that, it was a good performance.

I'll end on this: my favorite moment was when you killed a low health Mei with a flashbang right after taking the first point. Funny stuff!

How do you guys use Rein's charge? I'm getting better at utilizing his other tools, but I don't really use charge unless I'm getting out of spawn or if I've pressed Q in the last 5 seconds.

I'm not good at charge either. I usually whiff. Some Rein's are beastly with it though. It's either knowledge gained from lots of play time or it's instinct. I don't really have the instinct so I would just need a lot of practice.

I go down pretty quickly when the entire enemy team devotes all of their resources into killing me.

I mean, I've also had multiple instances of players using an ult just to kill me and me alone.

I honestly don't know how I should feel about it.

I've been in many games where my teammates will blow 2-3 Ults just to kill the Mei who has been punishing us all game long.

I'm also guilty of solo Ulting mei, and it felt good too.

I've been in many games where my teammates will blow 2-3 Ults just to kill the Mei who has been punishing us all game long.

I'm also guilty of solo Ulting mei, and it felt good too.

I mean, if I tilt someone enough that they completely waste their ult out of desperation, then I guess I'm doing my job.

MUnited83

For you.
Never leave!
One day all my team left after one dude left and we lost the first round.

I didn't leave. I hang out with the other team, chatting and spamming emotes and voice lines. They even let me do a couple of achievements and capture the first point lol. It was really nice, reminded me of the friendly lobbies in TF2

PatjuhR

On the other hand, I find myself holding on to my ult for way to long and the endresult is so dissapointed that it would be better if I directed it to a frustrating Mei.

PatjuhR

One day all my team left after one dude left and we lost the first round.

I didn't leave. I hang out with the other team, chatting and spamming emotes and voice lines. They even let me do a couple of achievements and capture the first point lol. It was really nice, reminded me of the friendly lobbies in TF2

Haha awesome. It happened to me twice but all they did was shooting everything at me as soons as my little toe came out of spawn

Zomba13

Fucking loot boxes. Finally get another legenday box (two in one!!!) and it's another FUCKING Halloween mercy skin and Zen dupe.

You shouldn't be able to get dupes of event items. It's just fucking backwards. Then again, I guess it makes sense to make more people buy the boxes, like the same reason they are removing the 1-20ish quicker levels. Gotta get that money to give us all this great content like that one map and one character in 5 months.

Agreed on the tilting over Mei. It was back when I first started playing, I would blow Ults on a regular basis but that was in QP.

I been havin a blast playing Mei in QP today. Her 1v1 potential is crazy as fuck.

Lulz at the video...dude was allergic to the amp it up.

Blues1990

I remember the developers said that McCree once had a whip in place of his flashbang grenade, but they could easily create a hero with that weapon as a main utility. Imagine going all Indiana Jones on Genji trying to kill you!

I hung around rank 55 to 62 most of last season, (which is diamond/ master I think) after having crawled up from my 34 (silver?) placement, but I've been stuck in low platinum/ high gold this season, I can't seem to get up to the rank I should be at. I guess I need a group or something...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Agreed on the tilting over Mei. It was back when I first started playing, I would blow Ults on a regular basis but that was in QP.

I been havin a blast playing Mei in QP today. Her 1v1 potential is crazy as fuck.

It's kinda bad honestly compared to most of the DPS in the game, like maybe 50-50 to 60-40 most times.

You aren't going for the 1v1s though, you're trying to make a fight 1 v 6 or 2 v 6 with walls.

Mutombo

Spoiler alert :
Platinum is just as bad as gold and below.

I already notice a difference between lower gold and higher. But as far as insta-locks and team compositions goes, I guess 90% of people are just stubborn ass fucks, and they will never change.

Yeah, I was clearly playing against bad players, or they were jus dick'n around or wutever. I had 2 defenses where I never even died, lulz.

Good info about the walls tho. I'm gonna start practicing that. That's what separates the good Mei's from the bad I'd imagine, the wall game.

I didn't get very many to go where I wanted them to.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I was clearly playing against bad players, or they were jus dick'n around or wutever. I had 2 defenses where I never even died, lulz.

Good info about the walls tho. I'm gonna start practicing that. That's what separates the good Mei's from the bad I'd imagine, the wall game.

I didn't get very many to go where I wanted them to.

Check out nevix to see how you should be walling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAqKCSLITHg#t=6m50s

See how just walling to secure the kill on cocco (the reinhardt) means that they've captured the point.

Mei is a hero all about zoning and punishing positioning.

Cappa

Banned
ive seen people with diamond ranks who seem to be absolutely incompetent and/or terrible at this game and I have absolutely no clue how theyve obtained said rank...

Jellie

I hung around rank 55 to 62 most of last season, (which is diamond/ master I think) after having crawled up from my 34 (silver?) placement, but I've been stuck in low platinum/ high gold this season, I can't seem to get up to the rank I should be at. I guess I need a group or something...

55 would be mid plat and 62 would be low diamond. Master is 70s.

ive seen people with diamond ranks who seem to be absolutely incompetent and/or terrible at this game and I have absolutely no clue how theyve obtained said rank...

Flashback to the game I lost yesterday where the guy picks Widow on defense despite only have 55 minutes with her total and being a Torb main.

Regarding ranks: Everybody sucks. Trust no one. Least of all yourself. No one mains anything worthwhile. We all main losing. There's always jumping off of the cliff. Eat Arby's.

I think I'm at the point where I'm pretty comfortable with my Rein and Mercy play. So that pretty much adds another two chars to my roster of mains. Really need to get more DPS chars in though.

Mains:

Offense: Pharah
Defense: Junkrat
Tank: Dva, Rein, Zarya
Support: Lucio, Ana, Mercy

duckroll

I couldn't take it. I know I'm garbage at this game, but...*twitch*

His buddies have the "heal me" icon on them, and he won't amp it up? His team is dying and he's on speed boost?

The best part was when he was the only one at the entrance, looking outwards, and then he just randomly does amp it up with healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom