• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hour or so was beautiful.

gXSlPQ8.png

I'm not that rank with her anymore :(

Blues1990

I hope one day Blizzard actually gives Mei a satan skin.

Given how they basically embraced papa/old man Soldier 76, Ana giving away "grandma candy", & made reference to gamer gremlin D.Va, it wouldn't surprise me that they could give a character a voice line referencing how "evil" Mei is. Junkrat would be perfect, given that the two characters have some animosity between each other.

Junkrat: "Speak of the devil, it's the demonic Ice Queen herself!"

Mei: "Ha. Ha. Yǐqián méiyǒu tīng shuōguò nà yīgè. :/"

Though, knowing Junkrat, he would probably make fun of Mei's weight before saying that.

Danj

Even if you lose out on the competitive points for being put in a tier above?

Yes because I'm only gold anyway so the comp points difference is insignificant.

I'm not going to get enough for a golden weapon until the end of season 4 anyway so it's not like it matters.

55 would be mid plat and 62 would be low diamond. Master is 70s.
I've been measuring ranks through the reward tiers, assuming that people of equivalent skill tiers would get the same reward as the first season, instead of using a 1:1 conversion of 100 to 5000 ranks. I'm sure there's some kind of mathematical way to figure out the real equivalence especially using player population percentages in the tiers compared to what it was in season one, where 60 and higher was roughly 6% of the player population iirc.

Azoor

Given how they basically embraced papa/old man Soldier 76, Ana giving away "grandma candy", & made reference to gamer gremlin D.Va, it wouldn't surprise me that they could give a character a voice line referencing how "evil" Mei is. Junkrat would be perfect, given that the two characters have some animosity between each other.

Though, knowing Junkrat, he would probably make fun of Mei's weight before saying that.

Actually they were going with "old man Soldier" since the beginning, they had the "Young punks" voice line since day 1.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just want to know how much money they make when they do an event with Legendary skins for both Shimada brothers

I bet 6 digits.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Reached level 200 last night and jumped out of my seat when I unlocked Witch Mercy. The excitement was real lol

With the next 20 boxes being quick, hopefully I get Roadhog and Junkrats Halloween skins.

That reminds me, do you get any extra loot boxes when going from 100 to 1?

AngryMoth

I think Titanfall 2 looks really cool and is something I'd usually buy but I know I'd just be wasting my money cos nothing has been able to stop me from playing overwatch the last few months.....

Haven't even played the latest hitman ep despite loving that game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I think Titanfall 2 looks really cool and is something I'd usually buy but I know I'd just be wasting my money cos nothing has been able to stop me from playing overwatch the last few months.....

Thats exactly why I cancelled my Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 preorders. Overwatch is the only multiplayer game I need.

Strampas

Neo Member
One win in the last 20 games or something, with maybe 2-3 draws. My ratings down to hell.
But I don't know if I should buy a legendary skin, or maybe some of the epic ones. I think Ana's, Parah's and Reinhardts look really nice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got Ana's candy emote last night so all I have left is 76 skin, Pharah skin, Zen skin, Reaper highlight and Winston emote.

Auctopus

The only skin I'd like now is Dr. Junkenstein. I'm actually decent with him (Top 20%) so it'd be nice to have such a cool skin.

Also, reached Level 80 this week so I'm gonna plan to hit 100 for the Christmas event.

Blues1990

don't hold your breath. its gonna ms santa (basically red re-colored default skin)
plz no :(

Mei is one of the few characters (along with Winston) that hasn't got any event-related skins, and given that liking snow is her thing, it's pretty obvious that the upcoming Christmas event will heavily focus on her.

Now, what other characters that will be the focal point is a complete mystery.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mei is one of the few characters (along with Winston) that hasn't got any event-related skins, and given that liking snow is her thing, it's pretty obvious that the upcoming Christmas event will heavily focus on her.

Now, what other characters that will be the focal point is a complete mystery.

I'd bet epic skins for Winston, Mei and Torbjorn. Maybe Widow.

I-hate-u

How is it that Winston and Mei are the only 2 that have not received a legendary nor an epic skin since launch? That's pretty messed up Blizzard.

I expect legendaries for both of them in the Holiday event

Jellie

Yes because I'm only gold anyway so the comp points difference is insignificant.

I'm not going to get enough for a golden weapon until the end of season 4 anyway so it's not like it matters.
What were you placed at again? Was it platinum and you fell to gold? That's like 400CP/40 wins then? I guess if you were placed lower you would be able to get 40 wins and it would feel good to win more too.
I've been measuring ranks through the reward tiers, assuming that people of equivalent skill tiers would get the same reward as the first season, instead of using a 1:1 conversion of 100 to 5000 ranks. I'm sure there's some kind of mathematical way to figure out the real equivalence especially using player population percentages in the tiers compared to what it was in season one, where 60 and higher was roughly 6% of the player population iirc.

I wasn't sure which was the right equivalent, rewards or numerical but my season 1 was a high of 70 with it mostly been 68 which corresponded to my season 2 high of 3462 though that was PS4. Don't have season 1 on PC to compare but I think diamond is top 5% or so which is similar to 60.

Thewonandonly

Same

Bought deus ex, gears 4, battlefield one, and doom. Only played a hour of each then go back to overwatch...

Damn game is crack

caesar

Banned
That's pretty much solo queue in general. Yesterday I had some comp matches late at night (so I was getting matched mostly with russians) in the 2600-2800 range and it was bad.
First of all, this one actually surprised me because I never saw it happen so stubbornly, we were on Anubis defense and we had 2 tanks, junkrat, mei, pharah and me as a healer, and no one of the 3 dps wanted to go 2nd healer so they started arguing right from the beginning of the match until it turned into people stopping to type in the chat, so I stayed solo healer (Ana) on both defense and attack because no one ever switched, "I always play healer so I'm not going to this time" etc. We won, somehow, but it was awful, we held the second point because I pulled off some crowd control miracles on defense, and snowballed on attack, but there was really no point to make it that hard.

Another match on KotH, everyone was solo queueing except for two people on the opposite team, Ana and Reaper, and their beyblade was destroying us, so I tried to get the same on our team, because you can't really counter that in any other way, but no, "Nanoboosted Reaper isn't that good", so we lost the point every time she boosted him and gg.

I'm back tomorrow, if you're around maybe I can pull off a few McCarries.

Blues1990

How is it that Winston and Mei are the only 2 that have not received a legendary nor an epic skin since launch? That's pretty messed up Blizzard.

I expect legendaries for both of them in the Holiday event

Wait, is this true? If so, it's super weird to think that those two have been snuffed with getting either an epic or legendary skin. (Though it does make sense why they have gotten an emote/highlight reel for the Halloween event to compensate for this.)

I-hate-u

Wait, is this true? If so, it's super weird to think that those two have been snuffed with getting either an epic or legendary skin. (Though it does make sense why they have gotten an emote/highlight reel for the Halloween event to compensate for this.)

Only Mei got the highlight reel. Poor Winston only got medal/RIP win poses and voice lines and that's it out of the two events afaik.

Jellie

Probably going to get Christmas legendaries for them. Mei is a given due to the ice and winston will probably get a santa suit.

Bronetta

Only Mei got the highlight reel. Poor Winston only got medal/RIP win poses and voice lines and that's it out of the two events afaik.

Winston got a Halloween emote as well where he shines a flashlight on his feet to create shadow puppets

Prelude.

Blizzard banned me for hacking after that Reaper reported me. ;)))

I've just been on a little vacation. Yeah, I do sometimes.
You didn't turn it off in time. :(
Alright, cool. If you're on in the afternoon it's more likely that we'll have 2 more people to play with.

Blues1990

He also got his shadow puppet emote for the Halloween event. But, yeah, that is pretty depressing to think about.

Probably going to get Christmas legendaries for them. Mei is a given due to the ice and Winston will probably get a santa suit.

I never knew I wanted Winston to be Santa Claus. He even has his jet pack, so no sleigh required! (Even though I want D.Va to dress up as an elf and have her MEKA be redesigned as a sleigh).

I-hate-u

Didn't even know Winston got an emote in this event. Never seen it before.

And now that I have, it's terrible compared to what Ana and Rein got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom