• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Tbf a streamer I follow named Korea plays Genji almost all of the time, and he's really good and carries games a lot. If it works for you, no reason to change.

That being said, he will change if it isn't working.

I have a couple of friends that are determined to keep equal time on every character, which honestly strikes me as even more strange than only ever playing one. I don't know, I don't get imposing limits on yourself. I also don't think it's bad to have a main seeing as it's perfectly possible to have one and still be well-rounded. Everyone should just play who they like.

Unless you're a Hanzo main. Jump into the well on Ilios, if so.

XenoRaven

Conditions that will make Xeno quit before the game starts:

- Selecting and deselecting your hero over and over again
- Hanzo and Widow
- Hanzo or Widow on CP maps
- Three of a single hero

PatjuhR

- Hanzo and Widow
- Three of a single hero

I understand these leaving terms, but why play QP? This is going to happen in 8/10 games.

moojito

- Hanzo and Widow
- Three of a single hero

This is sometimes used as a way of communicating "I'd like to play this hero, but I see we're missing a tank/support/whatever and will switch to that if noone steps up". Weird thing to get triggered from!

maomaoIYP

This is sometimes used as a way of communicating "I'd like to play this hero, but I see we're missing a tank/support/whatever and will switch to that if noone steps up". Weird thing to get triggered from!
I always interpret it as "HEY let's all totally pick this same character because winning isn't fun!"
It annoys the shit out of me too, so xeno isn't alone there.

maomaoIYP

What's wrong with stacking 4 meis and two supports. I love Hanamura cancer.

Nothing wrong with it........if it was on the opposite team. Because I will just counter pick and wreck faces. On my team it sucks because you know people only counter pick when there is just 30 seconds left.

I'm too lazy to avatar quote

I'm not.

image.php

I'm rewriting the narrative.

Azoor

I've played 3 games in QP with a group of five, they all choose Mei in all of those 3 games and I've decided to roll with it. And we actually won all 3 games !

I feel... different after that.

XenoRaven

I should mention that I don't have a problem with Hanzo as a character, just a majority of the people who play him.

To me it screams:

"I'm not good enough at aiming to actually be a sniper but still want to feel good about my sniping abilities so I'm going to spam arrows until I get a headshot".

I mean, I do the same thing on Hanzo, but the difference is I understand that anyone can do what I'm doing when I play him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, I'd rather have a hanzo that can aim, because a hanzo that only gets his kills from spam is pretty much dead weight 99.9999999% of the time.

Veelk

Banned
I should mention that I don't have a problem with Hanzo as a character, just a majority of the people who play him.

To me it screams:

"I'm not good enough at aiming to actually be a sniper but still want to feel good about my sniping abilities so I'm going to spam arrows until I get a headshot".

I mean, I do the same thing on Hanzo, but the difference is I understand that anyone can do what I'm doing when I play him.

How is that different from any other character? I mean, that's what people do, they lay down fire until they get a kill. "I'm just gonna spam my shotguns until I get a kill" as reaper or "I'm just gonna wait for my Dragon blade ult" or whatever. Everyone plays and the vast majority of people are going to be average or worse at the game no matter who they're playing.

I just am never going to get this Hanzo hatedom. There is no secret cult scrub mentality behind this character. It's just people going "Hey, this character is pretty fun" and playing to the best of their abilities, like literally every other player does with every other character.

I played Mei for pretty much the first time in QP. I went 18 elims with no deaths on defense, getting head shots pretty much at will. Sniped a Pharah outta the sky several times.

Admittedly the team we were against were absolutely horrible, but it still felt pretty damn good.

Does her alt fire have damage falloff? It absolutely destroys with crits.

I can't even fathom what Bronze/Silver/Gold is like considering the horrors I've experienced in Platinum hell. The quality of play there is hardly anything to write home about and the idea that there are three levels below it is just haunting.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei hanzo junkrat soldier rein mercy comp against a proper 2/2/2 setup with zarya.

Guess who the mei is.

RIP RIP RIP.

The enemy team didn't even make it to the first chokepoint of gibraltar lmao.

The match was so shit that my PotG was literally just me headshotting mccree once, spraying a lucio till he died and headshotting and killing their widow.

Geneijin

I can't even fathom what Bronze/Silver/Gold is like considering the horrors I've experienced in Platinum hell. The quality of play there is hardly anything to write home about and the idea that there are three levels below it is just haunting.
Sym, Torb and Bastion are common picks for defense. Is it that often in Platinum?

Five torbjorns and a Rein shielding all the turrets.

Safe to say I quit the game

Why? I mean, it's obviously QP, it is super easy to wreck that setup with 2 characters on your side, let alone six. It sounds like Training in Overwatch game mechanics 101.

Take the time to think, don't expect Overwatch to play like a typical deathmatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom