• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Urrghhh what a shit competitive streak I had these last few days. Managed to get to 2700 not too long ago but that's been on a consistent downtrend. Today I got into a game where this obnoxious asshole kept talking in voice chat about how I was a terrible DPS, that I'm not doing anything and that I should have gone healer even though everyone was scattered around and aimless, or just plain getting outplayed. Also he kept being a sore loser in public chat.

Shit made me tilted and I performed worse because of it. I don't know why ranked has to be such misery, all I want is some cool weapon skins but even that is "whatever" for me now.

xaosslug

Why are all my GAF friends mid to high diamond

I'LL BE WITH YOU SOON I JUST GOTTA GET OUT OF THE DAMN 2900'S

LOL, I used to play regularly w/ 3 guys (not all together, usually in duoQ), but once they all hit diamond they dropped me. Poopheads! ;P T_T

Win-lose-win-lose can be so frustrating, especially when after that you end up 6 points lower than where you started. Also I had someone on my team today who mained Symmetra in competitive and is like level 600+. He had a mic and everything and was totally serious lol. Ended up losing everyone was getting toxic at the end (had a 4 man that was shitting on the Symmetra player - who was useless tbh). I'm at ~3400 and don't remember the game level but I think it was around 3400 as well, you wonder how they even get to where they got to begin with.

mollipen

Speaking of getting help, anyone possibly up for joining up with me (probably this Saturday, or maybe Friday night) on PS4 to do some CP? I'm at around 2275 or so I think, and I just want to crawl to 2500 by the time S2 ends so that I can maybe finally get Mercy a golden staff.

I main healers (Mercy, Zenyatta), but I've got characters from all four categories I can handle.

These last few days have made me want to cry. After fighting my way to 2847, the last 3 or so days have been nothing but a string of losses with a spare few wins thrown in but not enough to keep me from falling down to 2659. Granted I wasn't always on my game every match. There was one particular loss that I'm 100% certain was my fault and I owned up to that.

Even so, I've been put with some odd teammates. Either they refuse to pick anyone other than their main because screw a good comp or they're so oblivious that they can't see or hear me saying I've flanked as D.Va and they can push towards the point. Again, I've been at fault too but at the very least I feel like I've been good enough to have won half of the ones I've lost. It's been frustrating.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys hyped for Sombra next week!?

DGEoPl3.gif

Just had the craziest brawl game ever. Our McCree was some kind of afk bot that just shot forward or something, about a minute in it got kicked and then our Ana left. Just left me (Soldier 76) and some other dude as Hanzo. We fought hard as a two and actually won the brawl! Good stuff.

AngryMoth

I swear it feels like there is something about that matchmaking that leads to there huge win/loss streaks. Yesterday couldn't win to save my life, today winning every game easily. 300 SR swing down then back up

darklin0

Banned
Terrible comp games tonight. How do you get to diamond, have 500 levels, auto pick Widow both rounds, and do absolutely nothing.

The enemy had a Winston who never jumped for her and an Ana that constantly killed her. There goes any hope I have of getting to Diamond tonight.

MUnited83

For you.
Man I hope Blizzard eventually fixing you losing your match stats when disconnecting and rejoining. Was having the most wonderful game as D.va, got a random DC near the end, rejoined when it was almost over, stats of the match were all zero and I barely got XP for winning :/

Jellie

Terrible comp games tonight. How do you get to diamond, have 500 levels, auto pick Widow both rounds, and do absolutely nothing.

The enemy had a Winston who never jumped for her and an Ana that constantly killed her. There goes any hope I have of getting to Diamond tonight.

Ana should never be able to kill a widow. How close are you now?

Recorded some more Ana games today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNhKPcR-EQ
Tfw when all the troll picks are the enemy team and they argue in match chat after we steam roll attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N8ym9jQCuo
Close game of Eichenwalde. Managed to sleep dart their rein mid animation for earthshatter 2 or 3 times so pretty happy with that.
was an accident every time

Probably need to work on my ult timings better.

I'm not sure what is up with the 2900's, but I've had the worst luck in there. The other day I had the (dis)pleasure of having 4 symmetra's in 5 games, only 1 we managed to win and tie another. The ones we lost? Well, one match we had a symmetra on KoTH (Lijiang Tower), it doesn't work for two rounds so he switches, we win a round... and SOMEONE ELSE picks symmetra for whatever reason... The rest were just your standard attack symmetra's who don't switch until there's 30 seconds left and use a desperation pick (bastion/hanzo/widow). I have no faith in any symmetra ever after that day, regardless of some maps working in her favor on defense.

Fuck a Symmetra, in any situation.

Skii

Tfw when all the troll picks are the enemy team and they argue in match chat after we steam roll attack.

Close game of Eichenwalde. Managed to sleep dart their rein mid animation for earthshatter 2 or 3 times so pretty happy with that.

First match was pretty good but you shot your sleep dart twice just before the opposing Ana ulted. You knew it was going to happen because you had yours ready for the fight. That's pretty much it.

Can't believe you're hitting darts on dashing Genjis. I can barely hit a Roadhog ffs.

Plesiades

�� E S P R E S S O ��

So... the omnics.txt page changed. That message was decoded into Sombra giving us the password of Lumérico's Security Chief.

You can check her e-mail on the Lumérico website using USER: MJimenez and PASS: d0r*NuLw9.

The interesting part is a new "Admin" page that shows a console.

That's what I know so far...

Jellie

First match was pretty good but you shot your sleep dart twice just before the opposing Ana ulted. You knew it was going to happen because you had yours ready for the fight. That's pretty much it.

Can't believe you're hitting darts on dashing Genjis. I can barely hit a Roadhog ffs.

Which bit is the dart bit and I don't remember darting a dashing genji? I'll have to rewatch tomorrow

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been seeing a lot of blatant smurf accounts in QP lately. Just played against level 24 Handsoap who was grouped with two super high level players, lol.

Weird, I just got top 500 out of nowhere as diamond rank lol

Steadily dropping though (468 from 398 in like 2 min)

Edit.. now I'm back to regular diamond... Weird!

darklin0

Banned

289something. I was the only player with plat and I did not understand how all the diamond players were so bad.

One game my team never grouped up.
I had 2 games where I pleaded people to get 1 or 2 kills before charging the point. They replied with, this is the only way to win CP maps while me and the other healer just died at choke over and over again.

I just want people to work together, it seems like no one cares about winning.
The few games I did win, we completely demolished the other team. I did not die at every engage and I had nano boost for every engage. All because the Tanks and DPS did not go head first to die around a corner.
I am just salty. Salty, salty, salty-salt. ]:
I'm not sure what is up with the 2900's, but I've had the worst luck in there. The other day I had the (dis)pleasure of having 4 symmetra's in 5 games, only 1 we managed to win and tie another. The ones we lost? Well, one match we had a symmetra on KoTH (Lijiang Tower), it doesn't work for two rounds so he switches, we win a round... and SOMEONE ELSE picks symmetra for whatever reason... The rest were just your standard attack symmetra's who don't switch until there's 30 seconds left and use a desperation pick (bastion/hanzo/widow). I have no faith in any symmetra ever after that day, regardless of some maps working in her favor on defense.

Fuck a Symmetra, in any situation.
This is how I feel about Torb/Bastion/Widow/Sym/Junkrat picks. I hope for the best and play the best I can. More often than not I am let down 80%, all the time.

Shantom

First post in this thread, and to make it a traditional first post I shall complain about my team.

Just had a match where a Pharah shredded us in low plat, and our McCree, who somehow was once in Diamond, utterly failed to deal with her and blamed me as Tracer for doing nothing and not switching to someone who could do more damage (WTF?), conveniently ignoring that I was taking down a high charge Zarya constantly. For the 2nd CP round his friend switched to DPS too and tried to get me to change again and again. Eventually, for round 4, I decide to heed his wishes, go to Winston, and get on the point quick where I see on the killfeed literally every member of my team die to Pharah. At least I got some schadenfreude out of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom