• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

komaruR

First post in this thread, and to make it a traditional first post I shall complain about my team.

Just had a match where a Pharah shredded us in low plat, and our McCree, who somehow was once in Diamond, utterly failed to deal with her and blamed me as Tracer for doing nothing and not switching to someone who could do more damage (WTF?), conveniently ignoring that I was taking down a high charge Zarya constantly. For the 2nd CP round his friend switched to DPS too and tried to get me to change again and again. Eventually, for round 4, I decide to heed his wishes, go to Winston, and get on the point quick where I see on the killfeed literally every member of my team die to Pharah. At least I got some schadenfreude out of it all.

shoulda switch to widow and said "il deal more dmg now!" :p

*edit: just got a 4pc served to my platter :p https://www.twitch.tv/komarur/v/97186510

antitrop

Man zenyatta is sooooo beast.

Hell yeah.

6uX1C86.png

I haven't played Competitive in 3 weeks, though

see5harp

Hell yeah.

6uX1C86.png

I haven't played Competitive in 3 weeks, though

I main mccree on console and generally get gold in eliminations and damage but I started playing zenyatta and noticed my win percentage goes up a lot. It's not even rare to still get golds in eliminations either. The extra 50 hp made them pretty tough to kill unless you have a good tracer or genii on the other team. I regularly finish my gold matches with like 30+ eliminations it's absurd.

KyleCross

On PS4 I can't seem to keep network quality notifications off. I turn them off but it only sticks for the session. Is this a known issue? They're really annoying.

darklin0

Banned

I am done. :/
Had a really good game where my team listened to my advice on protecting the supports.

Then 3 matches in a row where it was just garbage.
First game we had someone sit in spawn.
Second game we had a Rein who charged in, get walled off by Mei, flame everyone on team for being bad.
I don't even wanna talk about the third.

KyleCross

So, anyone on PS4 who mainly plays QP? Would love to have more peeps who don't care that much about competitive and just wants to buddy up in QP for fun and 20% exp bonus.

Zekes!

I fucked up and gave an attack Torb too much praise after we were able to capture the first point on Hollywood during our initial Attack, so he takes it to mean that he should play attack Torb again during our tiebreaker

I regret ever saying I wasn't salty at an attack Torb for once in my life

xaosslug

had another quitter + incompetent team in SoloQ to cap the night...

on Numbani we push the payload to the end on attack in overtime, then opponents push it to the end w/ 1:34 to spare (we're basically a man down the whole time, as one teammate runs Bastion, keeps dying (I can hear his death cries), and stays running him), so they attack again. One teammate quits, the Bastion feels the best course of action is to spawn camp, and our Zarya joins him.

another flawless DEFEAT.
smileyblackfillccull.gif

So, anyone on PS4 who mainly plays QP? Would love to have more peeps who don't care that much about competitive and just wants to buddy up in QP for fun and 20% exp bonus.

Our group just fucks around in QP 99% of the time. PSN is in my profile if you want to add me.

However, I should probably warn you that our group MMR tends to hate us and match us up against Top 500 teams.

komaruR

Our group just fucks around in QP 99% of the time. PSN is in my profile if you want to add me.

However, I should probably warn you that our group MMR tends to hate us and match us up against Top 500 teams.

even for qp?!

nvm, just remember when I join anne and bumbletron's qp games in pc in the past, we get pair with really good players too lol

MMR to the finest!

Gnilres

I just got Overwatch about a week ago and mostly ignored the "no tank", "no healers", etc and it seemed to me others would also fo the same and just play your favorite character.

I just played with a balanced team, though, for the very first time, and I haven't felt this good playing a video game in so long. It's hard to describe the feeling when everyone has their role and it just all fits together so well. Of course this lead to us completely dominating the other team and that's nice too. To whoever was the Mercy to my McCree 5 mins ago, you are a hero.

I swear the most satisfying thing in this game is when you have a Tracer chasing you, you round a corner and manage to corner pop her perfectly before she can even recall.

Also is NY Soldier from here? Randomly sent me a message saying "Neogaf sucks" and now I have him in a match again lol.

even for qp?!

nvm, just remember when I join anne and bumbletron's qp games in pc in the past, we get pair with really good players too lol

MMR to the finest!

Yeah, it's not fun to get matched up against really good 6-stacks when you weren't prepared to try that night.

maomaoIYP

I swear the most satisfying thing in this game is when you have a Tracer chasing you, you round a corner and manage to corner pop her perfectly before she can even recall.

Also is NY Soldier from here? Randomly sent me a message saying "Neogaf sucks" and now I have him in a match again lol.

Did you have the GAF avatar or something? The ones that really hate GAF are usually the perma banned dudes.

just finished a competitive game where one of our teammates was a Grandmaster. The rest of the group was composed of golds and plats.

I thought such a thing couldn't happen ?

Anyway, we destroyed the other team. Felt good. Thanks MisStouf, you are amazing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Was his SR still at grandmaster levels or is it at gold plat levels?

Maybe he tanked his SR so he could play with friends. Or to have fun wrecking the lower levels.

Jellie

289something. I was the only player with plat and I did not understand how all the diamond players were so bad.

One game my team never grouped up.
I had 2 games where I pleaded people to get 1 or 2 kills before charging the point. They replied with, this is the only way to win CP maps while me and the other healer just died at choke over and over again.

I just want people to work together, it seems like no one cares about winning.
The few games I did win, we completely demolished the other team. I did not die at every engage and I had nano boost for every engage. All because the Tanks and DPS did not go head first to die around a corner.
I am just salty. Salty, salty, salty-salt. ]:

This is how I feel about Torb/Bastion/Widow/Sym/Junkrat picks. I hope for the best and play the best I can. More often than not I am let down 80%, all the time.
Definitively still diamonds? They might have dropped to plat and only got diamond through a win streak?
just finished a competitive game where one of our teammates was a Grandmaster. The rest of the group was composed of golds and plats.

I thought such a thing couldn't happen ?

Anyway, we destroyed the other team. Felt good. Thanks MisStouf, you are amazing.
He glitched it. There's a way to play in a group out of their sr range. People who do this are cheats.

Was his SR still at grandmaster levels or is it at gold plat levels?

Maybe he tanked his SR so he could play with friends. Or to have fun wrecking the lower levels.

SR is at 3154, doesn't that make it impossible to play with golds ?

Anyway fuck it, I'm sending this person a pity friend request.

Solo Comp games below 2600 are just not enjoyable. The lack of basic game knowledge makes them almost unwinable when your team constantly trickle in. I spent more time yesterday waiting for other player to group up than actually fighting. No matter how much better you are than the rest of your team it's impossible to carry when you're always going in 3v6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom