• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkeis

Is it even possible to get people to change, no matter how nice you ask? It feels like reverse psychology. The moment you ask, all hope of them changing is lost =/

I don't specify who should do it most of the time, it's more of a "let's switch it up a bit, or we are going to end up in a draw". Unless people enjoy losing?

LiK

I'm very close to start thinking my game is bugged or something.

After opening 38 lootboxes and getting 3 Junkenstein skins (the only legendary halloween skin I have) I also found 3 Ana emotes (the only halloween emote I have). I want a refund.

working as intended

Is Pharah a good target for Nano Boosting ?

Long reload time on her primary fire says no.

Can work for ult though, but that's kind of a niche strat.

I don't specify who should do it most of the time, it's more of a "let's switch it up a bit, or we are going to end up in a draw". Unless people enjoy losing?

Yeah I usually go "hey this doesn't seem to be working, do we need to mix it up?"

Is it even possible to get people to change, no matter how nice you ask? It feels like reverse psychology. The moment you ask, all hope of them changing is lost =/

How I usually get people to change is usually saying this.

"I'm a Lucio...I shouldn't have gold (elims/dmg) with X many DPS in this team"

Basically it usually gets them to change because they feel stupid that the lucio is doing better.

NeoRaider

Played Reaper more yesterday and today, and i actually like him. He is great on some maps and his guns can be very powerful but they are very short range tho. :/

I guess 25-28 eliminations is not bad for someone who had less than half hour played with him till yesterday??

komaruR

How I usually get people to change is usually saying this.

"I'm a Lucio...I shouldn't have gold (elims/dmg) with X many DPS in this team"

Basically it usually gets them to change because they feel stupid that the lucio is doing better.

is it ok for them to change from 1 dps to another dps then?

I need to start playing McCree more, that pistol is scarily accurate from a distance, was picking off people from halfway across the map.

Just hate that picking him automatically delegates me to the role of dealing with Tracers and Pharahs.

ohkay

is it ok for them to change from 1 dps to another dps then?
If they're not being effective with who they're playing, then yes. Say they pick genji, but the other team has a Winston constantly on him, then it would make sense for him to switch to Reaper

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't matter what your comp is, don't matter what the enemy comp is, the average Tracer/Genji/Reaper ,IF they change, will only change to... Tracer/Genji/Reaper

Skii

Man Overwatch on PC is easily the most toxic gaming experience I've ever had. I only did 10 placement matches and I had people constantly being toxic in the chat, people throwing games even when we have a chance, opponents being terrible winners etc.

Like today, someone threw even though we kept overtime ticking for over a minute (on attack) and only lost because it was 5v6 in the final fight.

I somehow ended up at 2408 SR which isn't terrible. I was expecting worse tbh.

Today started just fine but then I had three straight losses and just couldn't get up to 2700. Ugh. Starting to think my season high of 2847 is as good as I'll get this season.

Silver lining: Got Winston's Mine Sweeper achievement and can now afford a golden weapon thanks to my first few wins.

Jellie

Man Overwatch on PC is easily the most toxic gaming experience I've ever had. I only did 10 placement matches and I had people constantly being toxic in the chat, people throwing games even when we have a chance, opponents being terrible winners etc.

Like today, someone threw even though we kept overtime ticking for over a minute (on attack) and only lost because it was 5v6 in the final fight.

I somehow ended up at 2408 SR which isn't terrible. I was expecting worse tbh.
You should be able to get to plat at least by the end of season 2. Diamond might be hard but you can do it if you play a lot.
For those with mechanical keyboards who do you find it gets the nosiest with? For me it's Zen. Was wondering since I only really notice it with him.

komaruR

You should be able to get to plat at least by the end of season 2. Diamond might be hard but you can do it if you play a lot.
For those with mechanical keyboards who do you find it gets the nosiest with? For me it's Zen. Was wondering since I only really notice it with him.

no noise with red mx switches :p

Skii

Yeah I'll probably try to solo queue to platinum this weekend and then hopefully we can play competitive together.

I definitely prefer duo queue but everyone I have on PC is diamond or above and I think I'll bring the team down. 2400 might not even be my real rank. I could be a 2100 player.

I wish you luck my dude.

You're on pc so might be different. The weekend is when I run into rage quitters and just all around clueless people the most.

Redmoon

Solo q on the weekends is like throwing an extra metric ton of uncertainty into the already risky solo lone wolf experience. I hear it gets better in Diamond + though.

Wishing you the best.

I've solo queued only to climb. 2549->3264 in about two weeks. Though weekend solo queue is certainly something.

How many games did you average per day? I can't seem to play enough to climb more than 50-60 SR before I start gambling with losses.

Luckily I am not working Fridays any more this year so I'll get those Friday morning rank up sessions in.

Jellie

How many games did you average per day? I can't seem to play enough to climb more than 50-60 SR before I start gambling with losses.

Luckily I am not working Fridays any more this year so I'll get those Friday morning rank up sessions in.

Probably between 5-10 during the initial climb. Now about 10-15 but I keep yoyoing between 3190s and 3260s.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Jellie-21742
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Jellie-21742?mode=competitive
Initial placement was the 6th of October but I didn't play for a few days after so its been two weeks of playtime.
Placed at 2564 not 2549 whoops.

hesido

For reasons I explained in an earlier post, I was trolling by playing my least used characters and fell down to 2320 from 2550 which had climbed from 2250. Promised myself to chill and not care and just practice those characters in the competitive environment.

Then after a couple of back to back wins, and like any compulsive Overwatch addict, I went back to serious mode and now I'm back to 2494 with a streak of 16 wins and 4 losses (Yay! Just wanted to share) and a couple of draws.

I want to leave the season after I get above 2500 again and play Battlefield 1, if I can stop playing this frigging game. (I think FPS switching is a bit harder on a console due to aiming differences being more prononuced compared to mouse keyboard.)

KanameYuuki

I decided to give ranked a try and after the 10 placement matches I got into platinum, I will assume that's good unless platinum isn't that hard to get into.

Even so I been having so many losing streaks, I wish I would gitgud already. If anything I think I'm playing worse and worse or I'm just unlucky playing with really good people.

finalflame

I'm one of those weirdo's that, with all honesty, can't see the difference when the game is clocked at either 60 & 144.

Your eyes must need checking, then. I play at 1440p/165fps daily and going back to 60 (which I see often when I alt+tab out of the window) looks choppy and unnatural. Two different games.

antitrop

I think it depends if you have a 144hz monitor doesn't it?

Yeah, the price was right on an ASUS VG248QE, so I did it. Even though web browsing and playing Overwatch are about all I use my PC for, it still feels worth it.

970 is more than enough to get that kind of framerate in Overwatch, I just can't use 150% Render Scale anymore (RIP IQ).

DevilDog

Yeah, the price was right on an ASUS VG248QE, so I did it. Even though web browsing and playing Overwatch are about all I use my PC for, it still feels worth it.

970 is more than enough to get that kind of framerate in Overwatch, I just can't use 150% Render Scale anymore (RIP IQ).

How much did it cost?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah, I'm not sure if my 960 can do 144hz without me putting some settings down.

Maybe I'll get a 144hz monitor once I upgrade to a 1070.

antitrop

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if my 960 can do 144hz without me putting some settings down.

Maybe I'll get a 144hz monitor once I upgrade to a 1070.

I tested the settings in-game before I bought the monitor to make sure. Try it out, you might be surprised how well Overwatch scales performance. If I can get ~160fps at High settings on a 970, I'm sure you can do similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom