• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I like Widowmaker a lot, to the point where I think it's worth running her in comp.

I wish she had better skins though. The only decent one is Noire, and that's preorder only. :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I tested the settings in-game before I bought the monitor to make sure. Try it out, you might be surprised how well Overwatch scales performance. If I can get ~160fps at High settings on a 970, I'm sure you can do similar.

Look, stop tempting me to spend money!

darklin0

Banned
You should be able to get to plat at least by the end of season 2. Diamond might be hard but you can do it if you play a lot.
For those with mechanical keyboards who do you find it gets the nosiest with? For me it's Zen. Was wondering since I only really notice it with him.
I haven't noticed my mechanical keyboards in quite some time. I think having Cherry Reds also helps because Browns and Blues were usually the loudest keys I have had.
I tried Mei out since we already had 2 healers and needed 1 more dps, she's not bad, even if I accidentally ice wall the enemy team to safety.

As much as I make fun of Mei players, I can say Mei is very useful on defense.

antitrop

I tried Mei out since we already had 2 healers and needed 1 more dps, she's not bad, even if I accidentally ice wall the enemy team to safety.

Mei is the most enjoyable character for me to play right now. Attack, Defense, KOTH, whatever. Mei puts in the work.

The wall is the thing that takes the most practice to figure out, but when you get it down, you'll have your teammates thanking you instead of screaming "MEI PUT DOWN THAT FUCKING WALL WHAT THE FUUUU---- *dead*" into the comms.

Although you're still gonna get cussed out by the overextended Reaper that got blocked in with the enemy team so you could save the other 5 players, but that's his problem.

Blu(e)

So I like Widowmaker a lot, to the point where I think it's worth running her in comp.

I wish she had better skins though. The only decent one is Noire, and that's preorder only. :(
I really like her skins. I can understand not liking Odette/Odile but her Huntress/Comtesse looks great. I think it should've been her default outfit. I like Noire too but I think the visors look really bad when it actually covers her eyes.

Shouta

Played some comp after a long break from it. 2 draws and a win, not bad, but man so many terrible folks that want to play Genji.

Yeah I noticed when I was watchin AKM and that one dude that's ranked like 4 in the world (he was Hog, can't remember his name) that the game seemed sped up and twitchy.

You guys get much better textures or graphics in general?

Maximo

Blizzard is actively trolling me at this point, I have gotten Junkensteins Monster Skin FOUR TIMES and not a SINGLE other legendary the whole time the Halloween event has been on...blizzard come the fuck on, its fucking worse cause the Halloween legendary skin duplicates are only worth 200 currency.

antitrop

Yeah I noticed when I was watchin AKM and that one dude that's ranked like 4 in the world (he was Hog, can't remember his name) that the game seemed sped up and twitchy.

The graphics aren't really much better on PC, even on Epic.

The biggest advantages of playing on PC are a (possible) 100% locked framerate and keyboard/mouse.

Jellie

Tend to play on low for extra frames even though I can get around 150 on epic so graphics aren't much reason to play it on pc.

I really want to get Battlefield, I played the hell outta 3 and 4. This game tho man, I feel like I have to play it.

Not really sure what it is, but it's got me comin back for more no matter how pissed off I get while playing sometimes.

I've had it for maybe a month, and I'm level 115...ridiculous.

antitrop

I really want to get Battlefield, I played the hell outta 3 and 4. This game tho man, I feel like I have to play it.

Not really sure what it is, but it's got me comin back for more no matter how pissed off I get while playing sometimes.

I've had it for maybe a month, and I'm level 115...ridiculous.

I had a reputation for being one of the biggest Titanfall 1 fans on the forum and I'm not even getting Titanfall 2 this week. Overwatch just has the hooks in, no other games matter right now.

Prelude.

The matchmaking gods weren't on my side tonight, jesus christ. Shit Reinhardts, "Get Mercy!!"ers, gold tiers at high plat being obnoxious, solo healer because we really need that Torbjorn. Fucking hell.

God, people are fucking awful at this game. What is it about Overwatch that attracts straight up idiocy? And I'm not even talking about lacking in skill, I can forgive that. Screw it, I'm too pissed to play anymore of this shit tonight. Time to hit up that Dark Souls III DLC.

God, people are fucking awful at this game. What is it about Overwatch that attracts straight up idiocy? And I'm not even talking about lacking in skill, I can forgive that. Screw it, I'm too pissed to play anymore of this shit tonight. Time to hit up that Dark Souls III DLC.

Heh...you'll be back.

Blues1990

I always do. It's my curse.

e72.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh god, just realised that I have a 2 week overseas trip just during the time frame when sombra will drop.

Buying a gaming laptop just for this is a totally not sensible idea is it?

antitrop

Oh god, just realised that I have a 2 week overseas trip just during the time frame when sombra will drop.

Buying a gaming laptop just for this is a totally not sensible idea is it?
Be real, you would just play her for a game or two and then go back to Mei, anyway.

One win away from getting Buttchin to diamond and we get fucking Anubis. Always happy to just get out of there with a draw, but diamond will have to wait.

Good games overall we went 3-1-1 and met some cool people, and no toxicity. Which is especially surprising because we were just being our very annoying selves in team chat the whole time.

Oh and Buttchin contesting the payload for two straight minutes in the 'spot' on Route 66 which led to us winning after an extremely mediocre offensive round.

p22Aqax.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom