• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

You know what, I've never found this to be as much of a problem as everyone says it is. You are equally likely to get matched against/with a premade group that doesn't co-ordinate that well with each other as you are getting one that does. I've beaten plenty of large groups with randoms in solo queue.
That's more of the exception than the rule really. Chances are if you're grouping, you're more cooperative or willing to be. Convincing solo queues to do so is a much taller order. It's why Blizzard tries to not match such unwinnable matches as they say.

antitrop

Kaboomz stream right now is a pretty good "How to play Mercy in soloqueue" tutorial.

He definitely doesn't play the same way he does when he's in a group with MOONMOON and the rest of the usual crew.

Thewonandonly

Just got 19,476 damage on temple of Anubis both round combined as Hanzo. 12000 on defense than the rest on offense.

Does that make me an asshole

Azoor

Pretty sure this is relevant.

CvzIk_BWgAEfD9y.jpg

My RH tip, if your RH pulls a Zarya into your team, burn her down for the love of God. It's amazing how many times I will pull one in, hit her, but everyone stops firing because she bubbles. Break the bubble and finish her! I also have no shame in popping Whole Hog to just despose of an overcharged Zarya as well.

I did 30k damage in 2 rounds on Volskaya as RH last night, felt good man.

Yuuuup. RH's hook is so good at just messing up enemy positions, if you see him hook a tank the team really should focus fire before they get away. I see too many people basically ignore what I'm doing which is a lot of times why I have to solo ult to kill a tank, but it's still worth in the end.

That zarya tip is universally good, too. If zarya is low on HP just shoot through her shield and kill her, it doesn't matter what her charge is at if she's dead, lol.

You will win 35% more of your games if you can convince your team to focus down a high charge Zarya. Fact.

Truth. Zarya is only a menace if everyone is scared of her. Of course, every time I pick her I face a team that just focuses me down in 2 seconds.

Roadhog is my go-to tank pick. Fun as hell and absolutely devastating on any map if I can consistently land hooks.

Just got 19,476 damage on temple of Anubis both round combined as Hanzo. 12000 on defense than the rest on offense.

Does that make me an asshole

yes
no

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Witch Mercy @ level 100
Pumpkin Reaper @ Level 9

My two most wanted skins over two days. Junkenstein and Roadhogs skins next pls?

DevilDog

I want a character that can blink through walls, have a permanent AoE of something around her and is super mobile/squishy.
Also it has to be a she.

antitrop

Finally broke diamond after having a top rank of 2995 for like a month. Probably done with competitive for this season lol

I did the same thing. I haven't played Competitive for almost a month. I put so much into getting to Diamond that it wasn't really fun, anymore. So I've just been fucking around in QP since then and it's been great.

I played 450 games just in Season 2, so yeah, I'm good with leaving Comp for a while.

So after having a pretty rough start in my OW career: placing a disappointing 1998, and losing over 300 points to an all time low of 1603, I am finally getting some results. I am now up in the late 2100s, not an impressive score, but it's a huge improvement to what it has been. I've been on a 4 game winning streak as well.

Of course, there still a lot to improve on, both as a teammate and a individual player, but I am happy to be finally hitting my stride.

Skii

I played one game on PS4 today (booted it up mainly to buy the halloween skins I wanted) and I don't think I can back to it. The game is just so slow on PS4. Dragon blading on PC with Genji is a completely different experience than on PS4.

I think I've been blacklisted from getting potg or something. I literally haven't had one for about two weeks. I just had a game where mmy Winston punched two ppl down a hole and toasted two others. And Mercy still got the potg for reviving two ppl. Yesterday I graviton surged 5 people and blew the lot of em up. Still didn't get it. You got beef with me blizzard?

Chance

I think I've been blacklisted from getting potg or something. I literally haven't had one for about two weeks. I just had a game where mmy Winston punched two ppl down a hole and toasted two others. And Mercy still got the potg for reviving two ppl. Yesterday I graviton surged 5 people and blew the lot of em up. Still didn't get it. You got beef with me blizzard?

That's quite a dry spell, but sometimes PotG is just weird. I've done a full-100% team kill with Reaper's ult at the moment the OT clock began and it went to a Genji getting 2 picks way earlier in the match.

Shit's weird.

Salarians

That's quite a dry spell, but sometimes PotG is just weird. I've done a full-100% team kill with Reaper's ult at the moment the OT clock began and it went to a Genji getting 2 picks way earlier in the match.

Shit's weird.
I saw an enemy D.Va get a quad kill with her ult and POTG went to... something so unimpressive I can't even remember what it was.

Edit:
I have seen literally one Ana POTG ever

I've had 2 ana potg at this point.

I'm still just at one, :(

But I have never seen any other Ana POTG except mine which is nice.

I also have been playing exclusively Dva in QP, so my chances are limited. Btw, when does Overbuff finally rank you?? 22 wins (not sure how many losses -_-) isn't enough to get ranked?

TrueBlue

Please please please let there be a QP with a one hero limit.

Just got steamrolled by 6 Zenyattas - all activated their ults one after the othet on Hanamura B. Fucking hell.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm still just at one, :(

But I have never seen any other Ana POTG except mine which is nice.

I also have been playing exclusively Dva in QP, so my chances are limited. Btw, when does Overbuff finally rank you?? 22 wins (not sure how many losses -_-) isn't enough to get ranked?

I got one of them with my ghoul + shhh combo so everything was worth it.

I'm proud to have gotten an Ana play of the game too, you would probably see them more frequently if clutch sleep darts were awarded appropriate fire.

Prelude.

I had a match where we were defending on Hanamura and an enemy Mercy pocketing a Pharah came in but Pharah got killed shortly after and she remained alone on the roof of the house on the right. She stayed there on her own for most of the match trying to kill people with her pistol, lul.

Winston never gets post game cards.
"Jump pack kills"

aeolist

Banned
just had one of those koth games as mei where i could just feel the other team tilting

at the end of the game as our counter was ticking up past 90 i was just sit emoting on the point and watched 3 of them flank my team and come at me, then ice blocked just as the roadhog tried to hook and tossed my ult to kill all of them

just laughing my ass off at home alone

Jellie

https://youtu.be/7mcING7o7uM
Only my second game with Lucio on comp. Had like a 10% WR with him in QP so been avoiding him. Had to switch from tracer to Lucio cos our second support changed midround for some reason. Why do people think Lucio is brain dead healer/boring? Using his speed boost was pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom