• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to fight beside it, using it for cover.

Plus it heals when you're the attacking team, so that's a bonus.

Am I doin it wrong?

Zarya, 'Hog, and Mei all benefit greatly from having a payload to hide behind before popping out to wreak carnage.

I personally prefer moving the cargo at all times- it creates panic among the other team, and panicked teams do dumb things. Like springing a sudden, surprise Winston, but on a grand scale.

ISOM

L U L

if i pick mccree and do literally nothing i will get less abuse than if i pick hanzo and get my picks and force pushes but M E M E S

Yup. I even said the exact same thing a week ago. I picked Hanzo and kept getting bitched at to change and even though we won and had gold 20K damage, I still get called a "fag". Shit is annoying as hell.

exYle

I LOVE PICKING HANZO AND THEN GETTING ABUSED WIN OR LOSE FOR 20 MINUTES STRAIGHT IT HURTS SO GOOD
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

51 elims pharah game on koth and lOSE ANYWYA THIS GAME IS RIGGGEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

L U L

if i pick mccree and do literally nothing i will get less abuse than if i pick hanzo and get my picks and force pushes but M E M E S

Is this twitch chat

Sorry Buttchin (and Ellery if you still lurk around here) I hate getting so tilted but games line that are the absolute worst. Still a successful day overall. And I end at an even 3400.

Congrats on diamond ButtChin. You're next Ellery.

exYle

Sorry Buttchin (and Ellery if you still lurk around here) I hate getting so tilted but games line that are the absolute worst. Still a successful day overall. And I end at an even 3400.

Congrats on diamond ButtChin. You're next Ellery.

Don't even worry about it man, I made my goal of getting to Diamond before the Halloween event was over. Fuck yeah bud

Shhhhhhhhhh, just accept it. We Twitch chat now.

The twitch stupid stuff actually works on me.

Harbleu turns his face cam on for a second and insanely half the chat spams

And the other half spams

I was laughing my ass off.

Fucking pics didn't work. That took me forever on mobile :(

Jellie

Lucio's fun! He was my "main" in S1 and still holds my healing record in a single match - about 25k on a KotH game. I don't play him much anymore because I'm trying to expand my hero pool but he's anything but boring.
Yeah he was my main for s1 on ps4. Solo queued to 70 with him and had 100 hours with qp+s1. Didn't play him s2 as he wasn't great for carrying like zarya. Then the speed boost nerf hit and figured it'd be boring to play him so haven't played him much to yesterday.

Cappa

Banned
I got one of them with my ghoul + shhh combo so everything was worth it.

how many POTG have you gotten with Mei? I got my first last night and I was shocked when I saw my name.... it was the same game I had 48 elims and 29 objective kills but knowing that POTG usually goes to Reaper or Junkrat lol I wasnt expecting to get it.... to bad I didnt have the halloween highlight intro unlocked yet. :(

Also, how do end of season rewards work? So for example, even though Ive dropped back to Gold tier, my badge is still Platinum, does that mean if the season ends but my ranks is Gold level, Ill get Platinum rewards anyway?

PatjuhR

Also, how do end of season rewards work? So for example, even though Ive dropped back to Gold tier, my badge is still Platinum, does that mean if the season ends but my ranks is Gold level, Ill get Platinum rewards anyway?

I was told you will be rewarded at the level of your highest rank. So in your case you would get plat rewards. Doesn't count for masters and grandmasters.

Zekes!

When you are confident that you have PotG at least three different times in a single match, but it ends up being a Lucio who booped 2 people off the map.

I just got PotG even though I lost us the game by backing off the payload instead of taking the hit from Junkrat's ult as D.Va. Felt guilty

Sadly, more often than not, it's the opposite, and quite disgusting.

Honestly, on PS4 I haven't had any toxic players outside of maybe 2 occasions

Nudull

Banned
I want to like Zarya, but she seems very situational from the few games I've played with her. I understand how she works now, for better or worse.

hesido

No one asked but Symmetra tips for the 2000-2500 SR: (I think I'm a Symmetra main.)

• Place your sentries around the objective, at different locations, not on the path to the objective. Try (in vain) to place at least a couple in places that won't explode on D'Va's ult. They should be placed high.
  • The turrets should hit a single target from multiple different directions.
  • You can still place one (or two tops) in the path for shits and giggles.
  • Pick on those trying to hunt down your turrets. It's nice that they are trying to hit your turrets from different directions
  • Spam your photon ball through bottle necks when defending the path, tanks will gladly take those.
  • Stay close to the objective as that's my only macro-tactic. :)

The only place I use Symmetra on attack is on Control type game where I have a Lucio in the team. This may give you enough time to set up your initial 3 turrets inside the objective area. For example, place your turrets on the ceiling on Ilios by jumping. If you fail to place your initial turrets then you should switch to something else, maybe just put a teleporter if your gauge filled up.

Source

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
how many POTG have you gotten with Mei? I got my first last night and I was shocked when I saw my name.... it was the same game I had 48 elims and 29 objective kills but knowing that POTG usually goes to Reaper or Junkrat lol I wasnt expecting to get it.... to bad I didnt have the halloween highlight intro unlocked yet. :(

I've gotten a fair few over my mei career, but only 1 so far with the Halloween intro.

PatjuhR

No one asked but Symmetra tips for the 2000-2500 SR: (I think I'm a Symmetra main.)

• Place your sentries around the objective, at different locations, not on the path to the objective. Try (in vain) to place at least a couple in places that won't explode on D'Va's ult. They should be placed high.
  • Pick on those trying to hunt down your turrets. It's nice that they are trying to hit your turrets from different directions
  • Spam your photon ball through bottle necks when defending the path, tanks will gladly take those.

The only place I use Symmetra on attack is on Control type game where I have a Lucio in the team. This may give you enough time to set up your initial 3 turrets inside the objective area. For example, place your turrets on the ceiling on Ilios by jumping. If you fail to place your initial turrets then you should switch to something else, maybe just put a teleporter if your gauge filled up.

Is it also adviced to place them around health pack locations?

hesido

Is it also adviced to place them around health pack locations?

I think that's a waste when turrets begin to shoot, fail to kill as you wouldn't want to put all of your turrets in there anyway, and your enemy get his health pack after destroying your couple of turrets, as I think you won't be able to put your turrets in a wide area so it's easy to destroy them in droves.

Azoor

Sometimes I wonder if we could give D.va the ability to get out of mech willingly without using her ultimate , her handgun is a pretty good DPS weapon.

Maybe making that her new "E" ability after the DM retool, maybe even have cooldown until she can summonin her mech back.

Nudull

Banned
She's anything but situational. She fits in every comp and every map. Never a bad pick.

What's killing me are the cooldowns. More often than not, I end up in a perfect situation where I could shield myself or a nearby person, only to find that "oh crap, ability's still charging". It seems that timing and knowing when to use the shields are key to playing her decently.

I-hate-u

I want to like Zarya, but she seems very situational from the few games I've played with her. I understand how she works now, for better or worse.
She is a tank, but secretly can also be considered an assault, defense and support character as well.

The most rewarding tank to play, and up there with Lucio and Ana/Zen as the top 3 staples for any map and mode. She is hard to play at times, but once you get better at recognizing when to use your shields, it's not hard to maintain a high energy charge.

Like Ana, a Zarya player needs to have a macro sense of the match, which comes naturally from experience.

Antiwhippy

What's killing me are the cooldowns. More often than not, I end up in a perfect situation where I could shield myself or a nearby person, only to find that "oh crap, ability's still charging". It seems that timing and knowing when to use the shields are key to playing her decently.

That's the challenge of playing her. You need to get good at cooldiwn manager.

She's versatile to the point of overpowered.

So out of 130 boxes I got, Halloween specific items that is:
All 4 legendaries (Junkenstein x3, Frankenhog x4, Witch x2)
3 unique purple skins (Skullyatta x2, Tombstone Bastion x3 or x4, I forgot)
All the emotes and intros
All but 2 victory poses

I bought the remaining purple tier skins and poses, the latter mostly for completion's sake (and a couple of general sprays + a voice line). Still have plenty of coins left for Sombra and/or Christmas event.

Had much better luck with the Summer Games items, to be honest.

PatjuhR

There are many teams where my team got absoletely wrecked and it was all because of their Zarya, but when I play her I'm dead every 5 seconds.

I think I'm to generous with the shields. So when I'm in real danger they are on cooldown and I'm dead.

Cappa

Banned
So out of 130 boxes I got, Halloween specific items that is:
All 4 legendaries (Junkenstein x3, Frankenhog x4, Witch x2)
3 unique purple skins (Skullyatta x2, Tombstone Bastion x3 or x4, I forgot)
All the emotes and intros
All but 2 victory poses

I bought the remaining purple tier skins and poses, the latter mostly for completion's sake (and a couple of general sprays + a voice line). Still have plenty of coins left for Sombra and/or Christmas event.

Had much better luck with the Summer Games items, to be honest.
130 boxes????

Antiwhippy

Look, we need people to pay for sombra and my Christmas mei skin with a winter brawl featuring mei.

And for that i am grateful.

Source

Ive found that she can work very well attacking the first point of Numbani.
If you can set up your turrets near the large health pack in the lower room its very easy to kill 2 or 3 people going for a top up after the first team fight.
This will then give you your teleporter and your team can rush back to cap the point.

Its unlikely to work much higher than 2600+ but if the enemy team arent on mics then its very easy to catch them off guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom