• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at those Overbuff competitive stats again. There's no fucking way they can be right. Ana's pick rate in Season 2 is far far far FAR higher than 0.27%. She's in virtually every fucking game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can believe it.

People who are forced into healing always default to lucio/mercy

I disagree. I hardly ever see Lucio or Mercy anymore unless I pick them. The only healer I ever see is Ana and occasionally Zen. Because everyone who's forced to heal just picks the DPS healers.

Blues1990

I can believe it.

To be fair, I do switch to Zenyatta when the resident DPS can't hold their weight and can't aim for shit. But, yes, I feel obligated to play Lucio, 'cause if no one is a competent healer, the team is boned.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair, I do switch to Zenyatta when the resident DPS can't hold their weight and can't aim for shit. But, yes, I feel obligated to play Lucio, 'cause if no one is a competent healer, the team is boned.

Let me know when you want to get off healer when we play man. Probably better for me anyway seeing the ping when we group up. :p

Also I'm actually starting to believe that Lucio isn't that great as a solo healer. He just doesn't have the burst healing and not being able to speed boost kinda cripples him.

I think at this point I've had more success as solo ana healer than solo Lucio healer.

DevilDog

Tracer's recall works by her going back in time. The reason why only her physical position and form are reverse while time for everyone else continues normally is because the device Winston made for her tethers her back into the progressing timeline. Essentially she is traveling back 6 seconds in time, and then right after that she gets snapped back into 6 seconds later. #OverwatchScience
Objection.jpg

This isn't true, if tracer is hurt and picks a medpack and goes back in time, her health won't drop.

What if recall works by creating a copy of her from 6 second ago while destroying the present one?

Does Tracer actually exist?

She exists. Normal people do a similar sort of thing but they destroy and copy themselves completely every 7 years.

Unforutnately

Girl Power.

Check me out

Cappa

Banned
Out of all the healers (EU, PS4) here, speaking solely S2 Comp as I dont touch QP at all.

Mercy is the most picked, in my games.
Then Lucio.
Then Zenyatta.
Then every few games Ana but they arent solo Qd theyre usually in a group with a Reinhardt.
Then there´s me picking Symmetra like a boss.

fhqwhgads

I've noticed a really annoying trend in comp where people insist that the team always needs Reinhardt, like it's either he gets instapicked or if he doesn't you'll have someone complaining that the team needs one. People don't seem to get you need actual composition to use him, he's not just same magic character that will win you the game just because you happen to use him.

carlos

whew, just made it into 3000+ after a seven game win streak, then I get matched in one where the average was 3400, with the top 134th tracer on the other team...what a pest (loss obviously) . oh well made t to diamond, it was all I wanted. taking an OW break for now, hopefully.

whew, just made it into 3000+ after a seven game win streak, then I get matched in one where the average was 3400, with the top 134th tracer on the other team...what a pest (loss obviously) . oh well made t to diamond, it was all I wanted. taking an OW break for now, hopefully.

I have one month to get there. It's my goal.

Blues1990

Let me know when you want to get off healer when we play man. Probably better for me anyway seeing the ping when we group up. :p

Also I'm actually starting to believe that Lucio isn't that great as a solo healer. He just doesn't have the burst healing and not being able to speed boost kinda cripples him.

I think at this point I've had more success as solo ana healer than solo Lucio healer.

For sure, and good point that you brought up the ping issue. I want to crush some skulls with Zarya or Reinhardt, anywho.

As for Lucio, his strengths isn't healing alone. His versatility with his auras allow him to contribute damage in fights while passively buffing his allies, and he can protect against enemy ultimates and enable his team to make aggressive pushes using his Ultimate. It's true that he doesn't have high single-target healing like Ana or Mercy, but his multiple-target healing and speed buffs make him a valuable member of any team.

I FREAKING FINALLY got the Reaper "Waste Not Want Not" achievement. I hardly ever play Reaper, I'm bad at him, and I was convinced I would have to attempt cheesing it with his ult.

I got it legitimately in I think 7 shots, and that was the last offensive achievement I needed.

How did you get that?
A few weeks back a friendly Mei used her ult on the point in Lijang Tower Garden, I got 4 kills/final blows without reloading. Trophy didn't pop. Apparently they needed to be solo kills...

It's such a dumb trophy. I've gotten close to it once since, but it's so awkward, and I'm like the worst Reaper ever.

PatjuhR

How did you get that?
A few weeks back a friendly Mei used her ult on the point in Lijang Tower Garden, I got 4 kills/final blows without reloading. Trophy didn't pop. Apparently they needed to be solo kills...

It's such a dumb trophy. I've gotten close to it once since, but it's so awkward, and I'm like the worst Reaper ever.

Grats. I had fun playing Reaper, so didn't mind but the trophy took me a while aswell.

But you have to wait for the right moment and no, it doesn't work with other ults because they need to be solo kills.

But basically what you do is you built up your ult and then backstab the healers.

I got it by solo killing a widowmaker and then hitting a Zenyatta and a junkrat and finished them off with my ult.

KyleCross

Just fought against a team of 5 Mei's and a Solider during the second point of Hanamura. We couldn't fucking get in there. They'd ice-wall after ice-wall our ults and keep the point frozen during any significant pushes.

TrueBlue

We had to crack the nut?

I think the opportunity for puns came and went.

Anyway, since Mei is being discussed a bit, I've been playing her a lot over the last couple of days. She's fun, although I feel I am a little slow to pull the trigger on the ice-wall/self-heal at times. Perhaps that's due to all my previous frustrations playing with and against the character. :lol

Grats. I had fun playing Reaper, so didn't mind but the trophy took me a while aswell.

But you have to wait for the right moment and no, it doesn't work with other ults because they need to be solo kills.

But basically what you do is you built up your ult and then backstab the healers.

I got it by solo killing a widowmaker and then hitting a Zenyatta and a junkrat and finished them off with my ult.

Wait, you don't have to get the final blow with the shotgun? So you're saying I could shoot 3 characters once, then ult them?

That makes things a lot easier in that case.

Antiwhippy

I wish I got junkenstein
actually no i don't because bleh, junkrat

Or any halloween skin that isn't witch mercy.

Also GGs blues, had a good run there.

Blues1990

I wish I got junkenstein
actually no i don't because bleh, junkrat

Or any halloween skin that isn't witch mercy.

Also GGs blues, had a good run there.

Agreed. Good games, Whippy.

I'm pretty fortunate that I got the skins that I wanted, so I'm not too bummed with not obtaining most of the epic skins for the heroes.

Skii

Is jumping whilst in a fight seen as a bad thing? I tend to do it a lot to make it harder to shoot me but apparently it's a bad thing on PC?

Antiwhippy

Is jumping whilst in a fight seen as a bad thing? I tend to do it a lot to make it harder to shoot me but apparently it's a bad thing on PC?

Yeah good players can predict a jump arc pretty easily.

Adading and spamming crouch is better.

matmanx1

I had Overwatch sitting on my PC for the longest time, playing other junk, and then I fired it up tonight. Just played four matches, and loved every second of it.

Not super productive on the thread as a whole, but just wanted to say I loved my time with it :) Such an incredible game, I'll be throwing my spare time Overwatch's way from here on out.

No idea why I neglected the PC version for so long!!

It is indeed fantastic. I don't think I've put significant game time on anything else on my PC since it came out. And that's rare for me.

Well Ana is a much better single target healer than Lucio and she has better damage capability as well as the sleep dart. For the average player Lucio will probably bring more value to the team (because Ana has such a high skill ceiling) but a very skilled Ana > a very skilled Lucio most of the time.

Mendrox

Just fought against a team of 5 Mei's and a Solider during the second point of Hanamura. We couldn't fucking get in there. They'd ice-wall after ice-wall our ults and keep the point frozen during any significant pushes.

I love that. I love my cancer squad on Hanamura. Works every time too.

I don't think I can take this shit anymore. QP is full of idiots not trying, character double ups, etc. I was so frustrated I went to ranked last night but it was the inevitable pull your weight and lose.

I think I'm going to buy the Halloween items I want and then take a break in BF1.

Mendrox

Yeah I can easily predict jumpers. People that change it up with crouching and - not a joke - use emotes confuse me and my aim.

komaruR

I can believe it.

last night, i just went battle mercy on qp with my friends since I wanted to mess around and plus i havent really put any time into mercy (just flaunting my witch skin too :p). it was so fun to see on the kill feed that a mercy kills etc etc lol. for few games I was getting gold elim and dmg lol. (well i am a better player than my friends :p)
I only heal here and there tho lol (2-4K heals), since my friends always died too fast once they engage. even if i have heal on them full time. but it was fun times to take out my pistol and start racking up kills lol. solo kill some widows and squishy heros.

Skii

Yeah good players can predict a jump arc pretty easily.

Adading and spamming crouch is better.

Yeah I can easily predict jumpers. People that change it up with crouching and - not a joke - use emotes confuse me and my aim.

Ah okay I didn't know that. Guess jumping is for Genji only lol. Spamming crouch is quite hard. I spam A & D a lot but I'll need to add crouching to my game.

If they're being exclusively toxic, then yeah, but that never happened so far. If they're calling out enemies it's still useful.

Yeah voice chat can be a mess - my first ranked game of the night I had this guy just using racist and homophobic slurs, so I reported and muted him.

My second game was much better, we had a few people that only used the mic to call out picks, tags, and objectives. It was heavenly.

I add a few of them and then ended up tri-queuing with two gals who play support mostly, and getting to tank as Zarya with a pocket is way too good.

Like, it stomps pubs. I think we played 4 matches total together and didn't lose a single one, even when I hard crashed after taking point 1 on Gibraltar and didn't load back in until we were on defense.

They still didn't touch the first point.

I think duo or tri queue is the best for slightly competitive players. Once you hit 4-5 stacks everyone has to be on point.

Felt nice to have people compliment me on my Zarya play, especially since the match before I met them I switched off Zarya for Zenny because the last player on the team said he can't support well.

I ended up with silver in all categories that game. I was so tranquil.

Jellie

Lost 200 so far today. Been put against 5 man teams, with genjis who don't attack widowmaker all game and just now had a guy tell everyone he was going to throw because we lost a round to make it 1-1. He went symmetra then bastion then junkrat ulted in spawn and did nothing. Sad thing is each round was 99-99 as well.

darklin0

Banned
Lost 200 so far today. Been put against 5 man teams, with genjis who don't attack widowmaker all game and just now had a guy tell everyone he was going to throw because we lost a round to make it 1-1. He went symmetra then bastion then junkrat ulted in spawn and did nothing. Sad thing is each round was 99-99 as well.

I am also down 200 from 2999. I just want to roll up and never play Comp again. lol

mollipen

What if recall works by creating a copy of her from 6 second ago while destroying the present one?

Does Tracer actually exist?

Hopping through time has some seriously freaky potential consequences.

KTa8gCw.jpg

CaptNink

I had Overwatch sitting on my PC for the longest time, playing other junk, and then I fired it up tonight. Just played four matches, and loved every second of it.

Not super productive on the thread as a whole, but just wanted to say I loved my time with it :) Such an incredible game, I'll be throwing my spare time Overwatch's way from here on out.

No idea why I neglected the PC version for so long!!

I just started playing recently too, and I love it. Wish I would have paid more attention to it when it first came out.

It's all I want to play now - Witcher 3 and BF 1 have been pushed aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom