• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
a week or so ago i was in some game playing pharah and i had a mercy main on my team that would follow me everywhere i went and solo rez me whenever i died and just let me dumpster the enemy team all game. i was in love and it was probably one of the least stressful games i ever played

i should have added that person but i would feel awkward adding somebody just for the sake of them being my personal heal/rezbot. other mercys just havent been the same ever since

Nudull

Banned
Making rants over the mic about people playing characters badly on Quick Play, despite staying silent the whole match; hilarious or sad?

darklin0

Banned
0tHDYik.jpg

Yay! There is still hope! :D

Now I just need the Mercy skin to drop and I spend $0 and 0 coins. :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
https://youtu.be/7mcING7o7uM
Only my second game with Lucio on comp. Had like a 10% WR with him in QP so been avoiding him. Had to switch from tracer to Lucio cos our second support changed midround for some reason. Why do people think Lucio is brain dead healer/boring? Using his speed boost was pretty fun.

Most people don't properly use speed boost. So for them, Lucio means standing around their teammates and tickling enemies with his gun.

antitrop

Most people don't properly use speed boost. So for them, Lucio means standing around their teammates and tickling enemies with his gun.

The most harrowing, stressful, and action-packed moments I've ever had in Overwatch have all been playing Lucio.

Shoutout to that one time I parkour contested the point for a full minute while my 5 teammates came back from spawn for the win. It was on PS4 obviously, if it was PC I would have been dead in 3 seconds.

Jellie

I haven't played much of him on PC because I was put off by how people said it's boring to play him but was pretty fun. He does a bit of damage if you get headshots with him too. Did it to reaper in the video.
The most harrowing, stressful, and action-packed moments I've ever had in Overwatch have all been playing Lucio.

Shoutout to that one time I parkour contested the point for a full minute while my 5 teammates came back from spawn for the win. It was on PS4 obviously, if it was PC I would have been dead in 3 seconds.
On ps4 I successfully contested kings row A three times after the team got wiped against 3800s and we won. Was pretty hype with my team screaming in their mics as they watched it. On PC tried it against 3200s and lasted 5 seconds.

I haven't played much of him on PC because I was put off by how people said it's boring to play him but was pretty fun. He does a bit of damage if you get headshots with him too. Did it to reaper in the video.

On ps4 I successfully contested kings row A three times after the team got wiped against 3800s and we won. Was pretty hype with my team screaming in their mics as they watched it. On PC tried it against 3200s and lasted 5 seconds.

I love to play me some Lucio on KotH. Sometimes I'll even insta-lock him.

Just when I say this I suffer a string of losses.

Widow troll on gebraltar.
Steamroll on Ilios.
Pharah uncontested in Eichenwalde.

Oh well, can't win em all.

Jellie

what's the best way to speed boost?
During ults. Get your team out of range instead of healing or to increase mobility of your teammate who is ulting, eg reaper. Use to engage or disengage. For your team to punish somebody out of position or help your teammate retreat from a bad position.

During ults. Get your team out of range instead of healing or to increase mobility of your teammate who is ulting, eg reaper. Use to engage or disengage. For your team to punish somebody out of position or help your teammate retreat from a bad position.

And please speed boost after you break it down.

Jellie

And please speed boost after you break it down.
That's under engage. Though it's not always best to use speed. If you ult because somebody is low HP then you should heal as once the shield's are gone they are low health.
Should also include going through chokes.

That's under engage. Though it's not always best to use speed. If you ult because somebody is low HP then you should heal as once the shield's are gone they are low health.
Should also include going through chokes.

Fair enough. I usually switch over to speed after Ult, but will save my amp it up for when shields end and I swap back to heal.

Lucio is such a fun hero to use, quite hectic at times tho.

matmanx1

Winston never gets post game cards.

I do! I just got one tonight actually for 3 gold medals and 4 total medals in an Anubis win.

I beg to differ.
QUWOVa7.png

Wow! That's baller. My best elims with Winston is 40 on KotH. That was an extremely fun day.

Lucio's fun! He was my "main" in S1 and still holds my healing record in a single match - about 25k on a KotH game. I don't play him much anymore because I'm trying to expand my hero pool but he's anything but boring.

Zekes!

Ugh, bad team comp is a bummer

Don't play Winston if the enemy team has a lot of high health characters and we already have 2 tanks

edit: Fuck, just lost a match we should have easily won too. I'm starting to get salty and I started the night off good

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
what's the best way to speed boost?

You almost always want to crossfade into speed anytime you need to reposition yourself in relation to the rest of your team. Even when your health is low, it's usually better to get out of danger using speed boost to outrun enemy threats then rely on trickle healing to save you.

Amp it up /w speed should also be used at the engage of any team fight. It's great for pushing through chokes and disorienting the enemy, although that generally requires teamwork and communication with your team so oftentimes randos will waste it. You also want to amp up speed whenever the enemy is ulting, especially things like Mei's ult.

Honestly a lot of this is pretty basic and straightforward stuff but some people who don't know Lucio just speed out of spawn and then stay on heal until they die.

rulerk1

Just lost two Comp matches so I'm done for the night. Why do people think it's a good idea to go Torb, Symm, Bastion on def when they have less than 4 mins prac with them on comp. This one dude went Bastion the entire match despite it not helping us at all and him having a better Soldier.

Oh and 5 attack heroes with one healer (me) does not work unless yall can get kills. I shouldnt have gold with kills oh my god

Anne

Back with more hot tips from seeing low level play recently.

Standing on the payload too much is actually bad. Remember that if nobody i son the payload for the fight, but you get a wipe or huge lead, you'll end up getting more distance usually rather than by fighting on the payload.

Get positioning > win fight > go move the payload for free with 3 people on it > win

A lot of people have been fucking this up lately and focusing too much on standing on it ;~;

Back with more hot tips from seeing low level play recently.

Standing on the payload too much is actually bad. Remember that if nobody i son the payload for the fight, but you get a wipe or huge lead, you'll end up getting more distance usually rather than by fighting on the payload.

Get positioning > win fight > go move the payload for free with 3 people on it > win

A lot of people have been fucking this up lately and focusing too much on standing on it ;~;

I like to fight beside it, using it for cover.

Plus it heals when you're the attacking team, so that's a bonus.

Am I doin it wrong?

Torokil

I heard about a week or so ago that in a future patch Blizzard is changing their prestige rules so that when you loop back around to level 1, you must get 22,000 xp to reach levels 2 to 3 etc. Is this true OWgaf? I'm at level 99 and considering taking a break until December and work on my backlog and Sun/Moon.

antitrop

I heard about a week or so ago that in a future patch Blizzard is changing their prestige rules so that when you loop back around to level 1, you must get 22,000 xp to reach levels 2 to 3 etc. Is this true OWgaf? I'm at level 99 and considering taking a break until December and work on my backlog and Sun/Moon.

It's true, try to get to about Level 120 if you can. I think they said 20k XP instead of 22k, though. But yeah, no more easy levels on Prestige. =/

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's true, try to get to about Level 120 if you can. I think they said 20k XP instead of 22k, though. But yeah, no more easy levels on Prestige. =/
Probably the stupidest thing ever done, may as well just call it 101 instead of Prestige Level 1 since it's going to take just as long to get boxes.

Chance

tfw you're havin' such an awesome Tracer game in qp that the enemy team switches their comp to 2 McCrees, 1 Mei and 1 Tracer just to hunt you down

tumblr_o57douvabT1rokb0vo1_1280.png

- and you switch to Pharah and win.

tumblr_o80nb6tpyZ1ubatrho1_500.png

MrPanic

Today was a good ranked day, increased my season high and am now sitting on 2740sr. Maybe diamond will be in reach again for me. I've definitely been doing way better since I've stopped trying to be good at every character and started maining just 2 or 3 characters, took me quite a while to figure out I was just wasting potential by trying to be decent with every character.

darklin0

Banned
Wow! That's baller. My best elims with Winston is 40 on KotH. That was an extremely fun day.
It was a KotH map for me as well. I was just rolling over their team and it was so much fun.
Ah...I understand.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Explain it to me because I don't. lol
So is overwatch the hometown to pokemon's life?
I think you have the right idea. I think.
This is way more accurate than I think you intended.
NOm3_f-maxage-0.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, I don't even play hanzo that much but I hate the people who constantly bitch about other people's picks waaaaay more than hanzo players, and hanzo is an ok to good pick.

Satch

Banned
51 elims pharah game on koth and lOSE ANYWYA THIS GAME IS RIGGGEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png
BibleThump.png

Please tell me your user name if on PC so I can block you. That is unless you're getting abused in QP, in that case keep doin what you're doin bra

L U L

if i pick mccree and do literally nothing i will get less abuse than if i pick hanzo and get my picks and force pushes but M E M E S

Tracer is a fucking menace when you're solo healing as Ana in Quick Play. Over and over I'm getting picked off from behind with zero backup because apparently everyone plays QP on mute.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mm, I get picked off quite a bit as tracer, but honestly you need to level your game up because that match up should be a 40-60 really. Ana still has one of the hardest hitboxes to track and you can one shot her with a sleep combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom