• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said, Sombra if she's out by then. Otherwise, no clue. Soldier, Torb or Zenyatta feel likely. Rein probably on the backburner cause of his Eichenwalde skin.

That said, I still want the Christmas Carol idea I had a while back, with 76 being Scrooge, and Mei, Winston and Sombra as the Christmas spirits of past, present and future, respectively.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Junkrat would make a pretty good Grinch, but he got special Halloween treatment, so...

Torb elf is just too good to pass up. I think I'd finally play him if he got something like that.

Zen could be robot Jesus.

Blizzard

Banned
How did you get that?
A few weeks back a friendly Mei used her ult on the point in Lijang Tower Garden, I got 4 kills/final blows without reloading. Trophy didn't pop. Apparently they needed to be solo kills...

It's such a dumb trophy. I've gotten close to it once since, but it's so awkward, and I'm like the worst Reaper ever.
I killed a lone Mercy twice, and someone else once. I had to hide and wait for a while without reloading.

You can cheese it by tagging 3 people solo and using ult, I've read.

hesido

Ive found that she can work very well attacking the first point of Numbani.
If you can set up your turrets near the large health pack in the lower room its very easy to kill 2 or 3 people going for a top up after the first team fight.
This will then give you your teleporter and your team can rush back to cap the point.

Its unlikely to work much higher than 2600+ but if the enemy team arent on mics then its very easy to catch them off guard

That sounds nice, will try. It makes sense to use your turrets around health pack on such cases if it works as well as you say, but it really doesn't make sense to use your turrets around health packs on defense, IMHO, they are much better use to the team around the objective.

Pharah gets a quad kill
POTG is a two man Mercy res

...the two man who later turned out to be Wright Brothers and made the first flying device. That's why.

Seriously, it would be nice if there was some sort of AI that can determine the turning points in the game that tips the balance, seemingly unimportant incidents that lead to win / loss.

PatjuhR

It has to be the percentage thing for next OT.

Or a little throwback to the whitewhitebluewhite thing and go duplicateduplicateduplicateduplicate

PatjuhR

Now that Santa and elf roles are dished out we just gotta decide on who is going to be Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer?

Could be Zarya as she'd used to carrying teams.

Blues1990

yeah probably its the one that makes most sense based on her other skins etc but I still would love to see a Tjorborn elf and his turret is actually a wrapped christmas present with turret barrels

Winston as Santa, Ana as Ms. Claus, Mei as a snowman, & Torb/Tracer/D.Va as the toy shop elf (complete with her mech redesigned to resemble a sleigh) would be most ideal for me.

More OT suggestions as I refuse to be beaten this early:

|OT7| Always feel like Sombra's watching me

|OT7| You were expecting Sombra, but it was me, D.Va!*

|OT7| Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Understood.

Alternatively replace D.Va with Laura

Fancolors

What's a good healing average with Zen? I frequently heal more than Mercies, but I don't know if it's because I'm doing well or the Mercy is just having a bad day.

I usually get something around 8k per round.

Blues1990

What's a good healing average with Zen? I frequently heal more than Mercies, but I don't know if it's because I'm doing well or the Mercy is just having a bad day.

8-10K seems about right for Zenyatta, but you also have to consider his transcendence healing in addition to his Orb of Harmony.

JoeNut

So i finally got through all 10 qualifying games - 6 wins to 4 losses.

this placed me with a gold thing and at 2379 - what it didn't do is tell me whatsoever if that is good, what it's rankd out of, and how to increase (or decrease?) it

what does it mean!? ha

oh also i got the Okami skin for hanzo and it's bad ass - i really want to use him now lol

Cappa

Banned
So i finally got through all 10 qualifying games - 6 wins to 4 losses.

this placed me with a gold thing and at 2379 - what it didn't do is tell me whatsoever if that is good, what it's rankd out of, and how to increase (or decrease?) it

what does it mean!? ha

oh also i got the Okami skin for hanzo and it's bad ass - i really want to use him now lol

You´re about what probably the majority of the Overwatch base is at Gold tier.

To increase, you need to win. You decrease if you lose. AFAIK your individual performance does not affect your SR(which yours is 2379) and the only way to increase SR is to win. You do not increase SR with a draw.

Than their are competitive points which just unlock Gold guns. You get competive points for winning and drawing.

There are also end of season prizes (Badges, comp points etc) depending on how high of a level you reached during the season, so if you get up to Diamond, but when the season finished youre in Platinum you will still get Diamond level prizes.

Code:
Season 2 Rank	
Bronze	1-1499	
Silver	1500-1999	
Gold	        2000-2499	
Platinum	2500-2999	
Diamond	3000-3499	
Master	3500-3999	
Grandmaster	4000-5000

If the Mercy isn't beating a Zen at healing... then the Mercy wasn't around all game or they are terrible at Mercy... that should very rarely happen.

I think turning down my sensitivity to what feels like a painfully slow level has helped my Genji play quite a bit. I'm much better at leading targets, and even though my overall accuracy is about the same, I'm hitting more of the targets that I need to. Overall accuracy is probably the same because now I'm also throwing my shuriken at enemies further away.

Jellie

Been losing loads lately, one more and I am below diamond. Lose first two rounds of Lijiang tower 100-0 unable to get out of spawn, some how manage to win.
Pretty relieved.

Man, I really wish the killfeed could be a little more persistent and detailed - it makes no sense that it only shows 3 lines for an eye blink when the game is 6 vs 6.

People have crappy game sense as it is, it would really help to have a little more insight into the current battle odds without bringing up the hero screen.

Fancolors

Man, I really wish the killfeed could be a little more persistent and detailed - it makes no sense that it only shows 3 lines for an eye blink when the game is 6 vs 6.

People have crappy game sense as it is, it would really help to have a little more insight into the current battle odds without bringing up the hero screen.

You could display everyone's health in a moba style UI and no one would play attention.

joanot

Im level 92, gonna push to 100 this weekend to claim those lv 1-20 boxes the last two days of the event.

Im still missing Reaper, Mercy & Junkrats Halloween legendaries, at least I got Roadhogs one ^^'.

DevilDog

More OT suggestions as I refuse to be beaten this early:

|OT7| Always feel like Sombra's watching me

|OT7| You were expecting Sombra, but it was me, D.Va!*

|OT7| Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Understood.

Alternatively replace D.Va with Laura

|OT7| Hello! Hey! Greetings! Thanks!

matmanx1

Mm, I get picked off quite a bit as tracer, but honestly you need to level your game up because that match up should be a 40-60 really. Ana still has one of the hardest hitboxes to track and you can one shot her with a sleep combo.

I wonder what the success ratio is for landing a sleep dart on Tracer. I wouldn't think it would be very high, especially on a Tracer that is respecting what Ana can do.

She's anything but situational. She fits in every comp and every map. Never a bad pick.

I don't really agree. As a solo tank in low tiers she's less useful than Rein sometimes. Now if a Rein, Winston or Hog has already been picked then her value shoots up dramatically. As a guy who's been low gold high silver this season I can tell you that sometimes playing solo tank Zarya is an exercise in frustration.

Have we even come to a decision what title we're gonna have for the next thread? I still like OT6.99999931% a lot.

That seems like a line of good taste Blizzard won't be willing to cross.

I don't know what the percentage thing means. What did I miss?

Cappa

Banned
I'm pretty sure that all they're really changing is where you start the season after placements. Won't really affect much in the middle of the season.

I think the issue now is that there are people in Gold-Plat tiers that really shouldnt be and that is causing some really bad matchups.

If you "clean" up the tiers from the start, matchmaking should be better, and you shouldnt be stuck playing with Golds or Plats who are clearly way out of their league especially later in the season.

AbaFadi

Banned
Was one game away from Master again...6 straight losses later, back in the 3300's.

I fucking hate this game's matchmaking.

Hope you make it to masters. Just know that it won't get any better up here. These were from two games in a row yesterday. He was throwing the game and I ended up losing 50 SR overall.

mrzkIcz.jpg

I think the issue now is that there are people in Gold-Plat tiers that really shouldnt be and that is causing some really bad matchups.

If you "clean" up the tiers from the start, matchmaking should be better, and you shouldnt be stuck playing with Golds or Plats who are clearly way out of their league especially later in the season.

Sure, but that doesn't exactly apply to someone in high Diamond.

People will be butthurt that they're not qualifying into Gold & Platinum to start S3 but that's a short term frustration that will hopefully lead to a better experience.

I have come to terms with the fact I'm hovering around 2100 depending on the day - I'm fine with starting out lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom