• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

And if we are subscribing to the thought that all 22 characters get a new legendary before someone gets two then I'm pissed that Tracer was part of the lamest set of legendaries ever, gonna be over a year before she gets another.

Although the epic skins can toe the line, Reinhardts Halloween is a pretty drastic change for an epic. So maybe they will decide that an elf hat and a green suit is just worthy of a purple.

Mei definitely needs a winter skin, I don't really care what it is as long as her ice block turns her into a snowman while she is using it.

I like both of Tracer's summer games skins. They fit the aesthetic of the Summer Games and play up the "goofball" side of Lena Oxton fairly well. They weren't my favorite skins from that event, not by a long shot, but I do think they fit her pretty well.

That being said, most of the Halloween skins are a step up over and beyond most of the Summer Games skins. Blizzard did a great job all the way around with the Halloween event.

Satch

Banned
zaryas summer games skin takes away all the little cool things that make her zarya and not Random Weight Lifter Woman

no short pink hair, no scar, no tattoos, no pink nail polish

Blues1990

No. I just think it looks bad overall. I absolutely hate the hair swap to blonde. I like the pink. And the red suit just doesn't look good to me.

Arctic Zarya is fine. Midnight is by far the best.

To each their own, but the Arctic/Siberian Front skins obstruct Zarya's most prominent features (her hair and expressive eyes). I agree that Midnight is a sweet Epic, but I have yet to unlock it for her. (Currently switching between Weightlifter and Violet. )

And I personally don't have a problem with Zarya having blond hair. It suits her, even though I definitely love her pink hair style and wouldn't change it otherwise. And really, I just want Zarya to have more kick ass Epic and Legendary skins, and I'm very jealous that HOTS have given her some sweet alts. (Along with Tracer, but that's another story.)

DevilDog

zaryas summer games skin takes away all the little cool things that make her zarya and not Random Weight Lifter Woman

no short pink hair, no scar, no tattoos, no pink nail polish

Zarya got saved by the summer games skin. Normally she has a style that doesn't suit her and there is certainly nothing cool about her, and she seems completely unaware about it. Worst design in overwatch by far.

I'm glad that anyone I see is using the arctic skin or the Summer game skin.

I'm thinking who has the second worst appearance in the game, it would have to be Genji. His main skin is kind of lame and his legendaries can't save him. Especially that Weeb skin.

Widowmaker's design is embarrassingly awful, like the worst of 90's comic book art.

How is it awful? It's incredibly sexy without any restrictions.

darklin0

Banned
600px-Widowmaker_Skin_Noire.png

Should of been Widowmaker's default design.

YES!
I was planning on playing tonight then leaving it until Halloween had finished, and in my final loot box of the night I got Witch Mercy and Lucio's Hippityhop. I'm super happy with that, and while I didn't get Reaper's, I have the other 3 legendary skins now, and I feel like I should end on a high note.

Got the most underwhelming hate mail earlier
"you and your m8 r bad"

...that's it? angered enough to send me (and just me, said m8 didn't get nothing) a message and it's not even full of bile and rage? I am disappointed.
Checked his profile 30 odd hours as Genji followed by McCree at 9, ahhhh of course.

Start the day with a comeback on Nepal when my team all switched characters and we finally got our act together only for my rank to go right back down because we can't defend for shit on Volskaya (me being the only tank and no one else can hit a thing) nor can we push the first point on attack because reasons. Ugh.

Champion Zarya is an abomination IMO.

Boo. It's an awesome skin. I love how straightforward it is.

Zarya got saved by the summer games skin. Normally she has a style that doesn't suit her and there is certainly nothing cool about her, and she seems completely unaware about it. Worst design in overwatch by far.

DevilDog knows what's up. Those short haired "goth" Zarya skins are the real abomination.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like any of the other alt costumes are much better. Can we also talk about how most of Widow's costumes make it look like her ass was coated in liquid metal? :p

Her liquid metal ass looks better than some halfway step between Hot Topic and Homeless.

Fancolors

This is frustrating, but one very common occurance in koth is to have a leaver after they lose the very first team fight, they cancel the match and then rejoin it before it's over so they don't lose SR. It seems to be popular to do that on Korean servers when they encounter a cheater, which is fine, however now we have assholes who do this because they can't deal with losing.

Fuck these people, if they are gonna give up so soon, why bother even starting a match?

Redmoon

This is frustrating, but one very common occurance in koth is to have a leaver after they lose the very first team fight, they cancel the match and then rejoin it before it's over so they don't lose SR. It seems to be popular to do that on Korean servers when they encounter a cheater, which is fine, however now we have assholes who do this because they can't deal with losing.

Fuck these people, if they are gonna give up so soon, why bother even starting a match?

I can see why they cancel games like that, so one team doesn't go a man down from the start, but then they need to cancel games for every leaver at any time, which would be hell and I'm glad they dont, but its unfair they dont mid match while they do pre match.

Just remove the damn thing honestly if people are going to that low of a stoop.

In the Dva stats there is something called 'mechs recalled' which has a percentage attached to it. Is that just how often your mech gets destroyed and you get a new one before dying?

exYle

He is my most played hero as well, but let's face it, his appearance isn't that great.
Meanwhile in Rising:

396832.jpg

He's a cyborg ninja. He may not look as raw as that cyborg ninja, but that doesn't stop him from being a frickin cyborg ninja

Genji's even got a mechanized jousting helmet and skinsuit that looks like the nanosuit from Crysis. How is that not cool? How is that worse than (according to you) every other hero? His problem is his legendary skins aren't as cool as his default and epics.

DevilDog

He's a cyborg ninja. He may not look as raw as that cyborg ninja, but that doesn't stop him from being a frickin cyborg ninja

Genji's even got a mechanized jousting helmet and skinsuit that looks like the nanosuit from Crysis. How is that not cool? How is that worse than (according to you) every other hero? His problem is his legendary skins aren't as cool as his default and epics.

Just being a cyborg ninja doesn't mean that it will make him automatically look cool.

Also this

and this

Have completely different styles, and of course crysis is much better.
Crysis suit is like someone took every single muscle fiber from the male body, increased it 10x and made it into a mechanical exoskeleton.

Genji looks like a fricken digimon. Made out of plastic parts. That in no way indicate flexibility in movement. Unlike the Crysis suits.

hesido

I just realized first attacking team on payload missions are at a serious disadvantage in competitive matches in any other situation than a complete score. The second team only has to bring the payload to the last position at the end of the first round, whereas the first team might have brought the payload further within that session and should be given the chance to have the payload stall and retreat to that position until time runs out.

This would make for interesting matches and it would be more just.

Shantom

Just took the point on Eichenwalde in less than a minute, guy on the other team quits and the match is cancelled. So frustating.

I just realized first attacking team on payload missions are at a serious disadvantage in competitive matches in any other situation than a complete score. The second team only has to bring the payload to the last position at the end of the first round, whereas the first team might have brought the payload further within that session and should be given the chance to have the payload stall and retreat to that position until time runs out.

This would make for interesting matches and it would be more just.

They don't, the distance is the furthest point the first team reached.

hesido

Just took the point on Eichenwalde in less than a minute, guy on the other team quits and the match is cancelled. So frustating.

They don't, the distance is the furthest point the first team reached.

Ah, I must have seen it wrong then. Those clever guys wouldn't have missed this.

Btw, in a draw game, I had top eliminations, top objective kills, top objective time with D.Va but the end game cards showed Reinhardt for blocking. Pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom