• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will be butthurt that they're not qualifying into Gold & Platinum to start S3 but that's a short term frustration that will hopefully lead to a better experience.

I have come to terms with the fact I'm hovering around 2100 depending on the day - I'm fine with starting out lower.

I believe it's supposed to put you lower than where you really should be, so most people should steadily climb for at least a bit.

JoeNut

You´re about what probably the majority of the Overwatch base is at Gold tier.

To increase, you need to win. You decrease if you lose. AFAIK your individual performance does not affect your SR(which yours is 2379) and the only way to increase SR is to win. You do not increase SR with a draw.

Than their are competitive points which just unlock Gold guns. You get competive points for winning and drawing.

There are also end of season prizes (Badges, comp points etc) depending on how high of a level you reached during the season, so if you get up to Diamond, but when the season finished youre in Platinum you will still get Diamond level prizes.

Code:
Season 2 Rank	
Bronze	1-1499	
Silver	1500-1999	
Gold	        2000-2499	
Platinum	2500-2999	
Diamond	3000-3499	
Master	3500-3999	
Grandmaster	4000-5000

Thanks thats helpful, i guess i aim for platinum at 2500 then

Cappa

Banned
These boxes won't co-operate with me, best thing so far has been the Ghost Reinhardt thing skin.

I still want that Reinhardt skin. :(

I only have Anas, Symmetras, Junkrats, and Roadhogs. :(

Ana I bought with coins. I got, Symmetra, Junkrat and Roadhog in boxes.... Roadhogs Ive gotten 3 times now....

Jellie

God damn if your internet isn't working don't play comp. Had a guy just drop every minute. Easily lost after taking the first point pretty quickly.

I don't know what the percentage thing means. What did I miss?

It's a reference to the ARG that Blizzard has been doing for the upcoming character (Sombra). It's likely the thread will hit the next OT around the time she's coming out as well, so it should still be topical.

Owzers

Bought 24 boxes, opened another 50 from leveling/prestiging. Bought witch Mercy with coins after the first week and still haven't gotten a dupe of it. 4 Reinhardt halloweens and zero Ana, might have to coin it before the end.

Bought 24 boxes, opened another 50 from leveling/prestiging. Bought witch Mercy with coins after the first week and still haven't gotten a dupe of it. 4 Reinhardt halloweens and zero Ana, might have to coin it before the end.

What's the deadline? I will spend the coins on Reaper & Ana if I don't pull them in boxes before then.

It's a reference to the ARG that Blizzard has been doing for the upcoming character (Sombra). It's likely the thread will hit the next OT around the time she's coming out as well, so it should still be topical.

I just hope we don't go with just that and actually have a proper title to go along with it.

Rize_21

Holy ****!
and here I am pulling my 8th Mercy Witch skin, I have almost all of them, almost...except for that damn Reaper.
Rngesus, pretty please, do something, whatever it is.
And it's not like Mercy is my least played hero, she's at the top, come on now, might have to buy it before the event ends.

Cappa

Banned
What's the deadline? I will spend the coins on Reaper & Ana if I don't pull them in boxes before then.

Season 2 ends November 24th, little less than a month left.

The largest visible change to Competitive Play will be to the off-season between Season 2 and Season 3. Based on community feedback, we’re going to shorten the off-season downtime to just one week, with Season 2 ending at 00:00 UTC on November 24, and Season 3 beginning on December 1. Additionally, during the off-season, we’ll display an in-game countdown to when the next season begins.

Blues1990

WTF was that?? Lmao XD

Remember when Blizzard had fixed Roadhog's hook? Well, if a Roadhog player hooks you but loses L.O.S. (a la moving on that players part or if he/she dies) then the game reverses the hook decision and places that player back to where they were originally.

Hence why it looks like you're using Roadhog as a makeshift trampoline.

So I know a lot of people recommend watching Moonmoon because he's "hilarious", but personally, I think Ster is a much more fun streamer. He does often hang with Moonmoon, but he is not as much of a memelord (in fact his memeing is fairly low), and he's really entertaining. Also his wife is hilarious.

I just hope we don't go with just that and actually have a proper title to go along with it.

There's a lot of options!

¿Quién es Sombra?
Countdown into Countdown into Countdown
Seriously, where IS Sombra when you need her?
Skycoding
Jeff Kaplan's blinking in morse, guys

TrueBlue

The legendary Halloween skins were split one for each category, right?

Reaper - Pumpkin: Offense
Junkrat - Junkenstein: Defence
Roadhog - Junkenstein's Monster: Tank
Mercy - Witch: Support

So, if Mei and Winston are dead certs as some seem to suggest, that'd leave a Support and Offense space open.

Since Tracer got a Summer Games skin, I don't think she's as likely - same for Lucio. If we disregard Mercy and Reaper also, that leaves:

Genji, McCree, 76 for Offense.
Ana, Symmetra and Zenyatta for Support

I'm gonna guess an "Xmas Jumper" for 76...and maybe a Mrs Claus or something for Ana.

This is just referring to legendaries, mind. Plus, there's probably not a pattern between seasons in terms of skins.

woolley

The legendary Halloween skins were split one for each category, right?

Reaper - Pumpkin: Offense
Junkrat - Junkenstein: Defence
Roadhog - Junkenstein's Monster: Tank
Mercy - Witch: Support

So, if Mei and Winston are dead certs as some seem to suggest, that'd leave a Support and Offense space open.

Since Tracer got a Summer Games skin, I don't think she's as likely - same for Lucio. If we disregard Witch and Reaper also, that leaves:

Genji, McCree, 76 for Offense.
Ana, Symmetra and Zenyatta for Support

I'm gonna guess an "Xmas Jumper" for 76...and maybe a Mrs Claus or something for Ana.

This is just referring to legendaries, mind. Plus, there's probably not a pattern between seasons in terms of skins.
Zen with the beard and Ornaments for orbs.

I've had amazing luck with the Halloween skins, got them all and dupes of Junkrat and Mercy, most of the purples too. Just need Ana and Pharah, I think.

Level 60 on PS4 but just got to 19 on PC. Played my first match as a six pack. my god it's a completely different game when everyone one is talking to each other.

LordCiego

Just doing my first competitive matches. 8/9 loses, almost all curbstomps and me doing lots of gold and silver medals playing with teams with enemies in gold and silver with very little of that rank in my team. Its has been of the most frustating gaming experiences I've ever had.

Hope you make it to masters. Just know that it won't get any better up here. These were from two games in a row yesterday. He was throwing the game and I ended up losing 50 SR overall.

Is there any particular reason he was throwing the match? The two main reasons people throw the match for me are 1.) They don't agree with the team comp so they make it even shittier 2.) Losing the first point on defense [even if we're doing good and wasting time].

Looked at his overbuff profile, I'm not quite sure he was throwing. I think he was expecting to be carried, but it didn't pan out. Not sure why he didn't think "hey maybe my team needs my best character not my throwaway pick".

AbaFadi

Banned
Is there any particular reason he was throwing the match? The two main reasons people throw the match for me are 1.) They don't agree with the team comp so they make it even shittier 2.) Losing the first point on defense [even if we're doing good and wasting time].

Looked at his overbuff profile, I'm not quite sure he was throwing. I think he was expecting to be carried, but it didn't pan out. Not sure why he didn't think "hey maybe my team needs my best character not my throwaway pick".

No we looked at his career profile and he mainly played genji. We gave him genji but he decided to go widow and torb. He also kept going in front of the enemy team the whole time saying hello so I would say we was throwing for sure.

We were on offense fist both times so we didn't lose the point, and I think we had a pretty good team comp both times as well.

TrueBlue

On the subject of Christmas, I wonder what the theme for the victory poses will be this time around - we had medals for Summer Games and graves for Halloween. I'm willing to bet it'll feature each character opening a unique present.

On the subject of Christmas, I wonder what the theme for the victory poses will be this time around - we had medals for Summer Games and graves for Halloween. I'm willing to bet it'll feature each character opening a unique present.

Presents seem likely. Could also be them thrashing each other at the sales bins to buy gifts.

matmanx1

So I know a lot of people recommend watching Moonmoon because he's "hilarious", but personally, I think Ster is a much more fun streamer. He does often hang with Moonmoon, but he is not as much of a memelord (in fact his memeing is fairly low), and he's really entertaining. Also his wife is hilarious.

There's a lot of options!

¿Quién es Sombra?
Countdown into Countdown into Countdown
Seriously, where IS Sombra when you need her?
Skycoding
Jeff Kaplan's blinking in morse, guys

Haha, I really like the last one. "Jeff Kaplan's blinking in more, guys" sort of sums up a lot of how Blizzard communicates with the players.

Holy shit.

If 76 got a terrible Xmas sweater, and I didn't get the Golf Victory Pose, I'm going to flip my desk for not getting the Golf Pose.

Soldier must, MUST get a Terrible Christmas Sweater skin. I would laugh my butt off if he did. And maybe a "sip eggnog" emote? Would go nicely with "Young punks, get off my lawn" lol.

Blues1990

During the Summer Games event, Winston, Mei, Reaper, Roadhog, Pharah, Torbjorn, Widow Maker, & Zenyatta all got a Gold Medal Victory Pose (Soldier 76 got a Golf Swing Victory Pose), while all 22 heroes in the Halloween event had got a tombstone Victory Pose.

There hasn't been any particular pattern as to which hero gets the treatment during these seasonal events, but I would like to think Junkrat, Mercy, D.Va, Tracer, Ana, Reinhardt, Lucio, Symmetra, Zarya, & McCree would get a new Christmas-themed Victory Pose for the upcoming event.

Kuro

Got silenced cause some fucker complained about my Hanzo in the brawl and I went off on him. Kind of bullshit I get silenced for calling someone out on their bullshit

Edit: I'm just going to keep the chat permanently muted.

Ramirez

Hope you make it to masters. Just know that it won't get any better up here. These were from two games in a row yesterday. He was throwing the game and I ended up losing 50 SR overall.

Yea I had a game this morning where a guy threw with Symm all defense then Torb'd offense. That's when I just turned it off and gave up.

My halloween boxes have been pretty decent got

Zen skin
Ana skin
Bastion skin
Mercy skin
Ana emote
Reaper emote

Got a few non event legendaries so i cant really complain.

Also got around 2000 coins now so i can buy Genjis Emote and Hanzos skin. Only missing reaper skin which i want. Hope i can get it in the next few days

And if we are subscribing to the thought that all 22 characters get a new legendary before someone gets two then I'm pissed that Tracer was part of the lamest set of legendaries ever, gonna be over a year before she gets another.

Although the epic skins can toe the line, Reinhardts Halloween is a pretty drastic change for an epic. So maybe they will decide that an elf hat and a green suit is just worthy of a purple.

Mei definitely needs a winter skin, I don't really care what it is as long as her ice block turns her into a snowman while she is using it.

Sprinter tracer wasn't that bad, but an epic from that set (Nihon Genji) being better than a legendary is sad
Nihon and Americree were the two best skins of that event by FAR.

Sprinter was cool for a week when it was new then I realized that her hair looks awful, the outfit sucks, the flag looks lame, and that sporty and posh are infinitely better.

My loot rng has been fantastic. I have everything except ana and zen. And I got them all from leveling. Feels like good karma for all the real money I spent on the summer stash.

I'll probably just bite the bullet and use my credits to get ana and zen now. It's not like I can't afford it with 6000+ creds.

Blues1990

And if we are subscribing to the thought that all 22 characters get a new legendary before someone gets two then I'm pissed that Tracer was part of the lamest set of legendaries ever, gonna be over a year before she gets another.

Although the epic skins can toe the line, Reinhardts Halloween is a pretty drastic change for an epic. So maybe they will decide that an elf hat and a green suit is just worthy of a purple.

Mei definitely needs a winter skin, I don't really care what it is as long as her ice block turns her into a snowman while she is using it.

I'm also partial to Lucio's Seleção/Striker & Zarya's Champion/Weightlifter skins from the Summer Games event. Zarya was shortchanged with her Epic and Legendary skins, so I'm pretty happy that she got some love during the event. (Her Summer Games skins can also serve as her "Origins" skin, if you think about it.)

Genji's Nihon and Mercy's Eidgenossen skins from that event were pretty sweet, but D.Va's Taegeukgi and Torbjorn's Tre Kronor skins were just as solid, if you ask me. I especially love that shade of blue for D.Va's mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom