• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey it's not that bad down here. :(

You do get garbage teams from time to time though. Last night I had a team that would just not group up at all. A winston/rein that just tries to solo everyone, a zarya that would pop graviton by herself with no one else around, a pharah that just keeps flanking alone, just urgh.

Most people do try to play as a team though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Finally hit Diamond, what a ride.
KGW62uz.jpg

nSjiYpH.jpg
XVCQhdV.gif

i think she could be viable if Blizz shortens her grappling hook cooldown... her lack of mobility/emergency escape is a big problem w/ her. I mean as a D.Va main 'chasing' Widowmaker around borders on sad/bullying at times. LOL

It's what I live for as D.Va. Her and Hanzo. They have killed me from across the map so many times when I was a support. They deserve every bit of meka pain I can dish out.

I did have a freakishly good Widow yesterday who just ran me ragged trying to kill her. She was really good at evading me and then shooting me from a totally different section of the map about fifteen seconds later. I think I only got her once the entire attack on King's Row. Meanwhile no one would stay on support after she killed them for the nth time.

xaosslug

is there a glitch on PS4 where sometimes your PotG won't save to the highlight reel? It's happened 2-3 times, now. T__T

It's what I live for as D.Va. Her and Hanzo. They have killed me from across the map so many times when I was a support. They deserve every bit of meka pain I can dish out.

I did have a freakishly good Widow yesterday who just ran me ragged trying to kill her. She was really good at evading me and then shooting me from a totally different section of the map about fifteen seconds later. I think I only got her once the entire attack on King's Row. Meanwhile no one would stay on support after she killed them for the nth time.

muhahaha, D.eeeevil, more like! ;)

i feel ya, tho. When I see how she blindly headshot me while out of my meka on the kill cam I usually hunt her down, too!

I feel like this should never be that extreme of rank shifts in any ranking system. Feels like this needs to be addressed. I remember going on a 12 loss streak in CSGO. Never lost that rank I was in. This game? See you with like -500 points

After placements my streaks have been 1 win, 4 losses, 4 wins, 4 losses, 1 win, 6 losses, 1 win. It's...annoying.

I was concussing between 2600-2700 and then I went on a 7-8 game losing streak bringing me down to 2405. Started to get some wins and got back up to 2500 when I went on a 8 game winning streak bringing me up to the 3200's. Now I've started on a 3 game loosing streak. Season 2 is quite the roller coaster.

aeolist

Banned
had some really good rein games tonight, the ones where your DPSers suck but you still power through and wreck people somehow.

lost all my games but i made them close at least. grouping made it bearable, if i'd been solo tonight i would have tilted.

Redmoon

Played one game of comp for today(was eichenwalde) . Picked last and was asked to go 2nd support on defence, so I wen Zen. They asked to have a 2nd healer on attack, so I swapped to zen again from 76. I may have been a DPS player only for this game in QP, but I've gotta expand when it comes to ranked. Ended up out-healing our Mercy. Maybe we would've still won with me as DPS, maybe not, but at least I'm getting more confident with this guy.

While Zen isnt my favorite healer, he seems to be the one I can do the most with. Healing, damaging, and buffing all at the same time. Just gotta work on him more, and get out of my Medic/Mercy playstyle and play him from afar (as I currently roll together with the team as him which gets me more deaths than I should have).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Played one game of comp for today(was eichenwalde) . Picked last and was asked to go 2nd support on defence, so I wen Zen. They asked to have a 2nd healer on attack, so I swapped to zen again from 76. I may have been a DPS player only for this game in QP, but I've gotta expand when it comes to ranked. Ended up out-healing our Mercy. Maybe we would've still won with me as DPS, maybe not, but at least I'm getting more confident with this guy.

While Zen isnt my favorite healer, he seems to be the one I can do the most with. Healing, damaging, and buffing all at the same time. Just gotta work on him more, and get out of my Medic/Mercy playstyle and play him from afar (as I currently roll together with the team as him which gets me more deaths than I should have).

Positioning is pretty crucial. On defense especially go for the high ground where you can have a full view of the battleground.

Good shit Ply!

Just had two matches in a row where we stomped round one and couldn't pull our heads out of our asses round two.

It's like playing on a totally different team in the span of 5 minutes.

Also I love when Rein like just stands in the front hallway of Anubis point B and expects to get in.

xaosslug

Is your highlights reel full with 5 POTG's already?

yup!

i thought the oldest highlight falls off, tho? Because in another game where I didn't get PotG it saved a highlight and one my older highlights was gone.

anyway, it was a cool Pharah PotG (w/o Zarya) and I wanted to save it. T__T

What was your PSN again? I think I have you.

res1tvih

(not rn, tho. I'mma be off for 30mins for dinner. LOL)

lock dva or pharah and try those alternate route to flank the enmy team.

Luckily a teammate swapped to pharah after we realized the enemy had zero hitscan dps. (Rein, Ana, Junkrat, Roadhog, Mei, Mercy)

It went from struggling at the point to steamroll. (Our attack comp became Pharah, Ana, Lucio, Rein, Zarya, McCree.)

Defending was a lot easier.

It's weird though, I play Ana a ton in QP and do quite well, yet I'm still very hesitant to pull her out on comp. Sure we won the match and the POTM was the rein wrecking house while boosted but I still feel my Ana is not comp material even though it works.

LiK

yup!

i thought the oldest highlight falls off, tho? Because in another game where I didn't get PotG it saved a highlight and one my older highlights was gone.

anyway, it was a cool Pharah PotG (w/o Zarya) and I wanted to save it. T__T

res1tvih

(not rn, tho. I'mma be off for 30mins for dinner. LOL)

Oh geez, the silver portrait in my list.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
damn, all soloQ? Ameeeezing. I'm back up to 2411, so I'm slowly but surely digging myself out of my hole! T__T
I grouped up with a friend twice, but outside of that it was all solo. After dropping to 2108 I made a habit of spamming the dialogue wheel especially "Group up with me!", but "Thanks" and "Understood" also go a long way. I found being patient helps a lot as I don't queue up for the next match right away even if I just won and if I lose I'll just quit and do something else for the next hour or so typically. There's no point in carrying the frustration of the last match into the next one and getting tilted.

Ana is technically a DPS/healer hitscan. I've completely shut down Pharah with Ana before.

I've done the same, but it goes down to the Ana at that point and their Ana was trying to heal everyone who was now being wrecked by the Pharah.

At that point, the Ana went from useful to liability since being the only proper Pharah counter and wasn't countering Pharah.

It's very easy for Ana's to tunnelvision and why a good Ana has situational awareness of whats going on.

TFW When the two randoms play Torb and Bastion

I finally played a comp game where the person who picked Torb was on the enemy team instead of my own. I was figuring with my luck it would be the one guy who actually wrecks with Torb...but nope, we won. Thank God.

This makes up for the game where my team though a combination of Hanzo, Widowmkaer, and Bastiom was good for defense. Sigh.

xaosslug

Oh geez, the silver portrait in my list.

yooooooooo!

I grouped up with a friend twice, but outside of that it was all solo. After dropping to 2108 I made a habit of spamming the dialogue wheel especially "Group up with me!", but "Thanks" and "Understood" also go a long way. I found being patient helps a lot as I don't queue up for the next match right away even if I just won and if I lose I'll just quit and do something else for the next hour or so typically. There's no point in carrying the frustration of the last match into the next one and getting tilted.

really freaking impressive, especially after pulling yourself up from that drop! T__T

yeah, I was thinking of doing something where I do 1 comp match a day soloQ. I usually win my 1st match, and can sometimes even go 2-3 wins in a row, but then I lose and stay losing... so I'mma try 1 comp match a day for a week and see how that goes. LOL

adamy

Banned
New to the game, but why is mei so low on the tier lists? She seems pretty fucking solid, but I'm sure I'm missing something

LiK

Yep, once it goes 4-man, it MMs with full groups. Not a fan. Back to where I started just 2 hours ago. I just wanna get above 3,000 but that's too hard.

What's wrong with torb :'(

I got a 20 killstreak with him.
His turret is pretty worthless aka he's worthless. Everyone on console knows how to counter it because he was insanely powerful on console in the early days and everyone had to figure him out because of that.

Since then, he's been nerfed and everyone is just getting better at countering his turret. You are much better off picking most other heroes if you're all about winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom