• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What were the contents of said saltiness?

Eh, there's not very much here either. Been playing since launch, one hate message.

And lmao at the thirst for hate :p

There's something oddly satisfying about being such a pain in the ass to someone that they took the time to message you.

I'm at 7 now, all roadhog related for some reason.

Actually now that I think about it, one was when I got potg as reaper with a full group of gaffers, but he only messaged me to say I was trash for some reason.

exYle

yup!

i thought the oldest highlight falls off, tho? Because in another game where I didn't get PotG it saved a highlight and one my older highlights was gone.

anyway, it was a cool Pharah PotG (w/o Zarya) and I wanted to save it. T__T

Overwatch saves highlights from each play session. In theory, this means every time you stop playing the game, your highlights will be wiped clean. However, if you turn off your PS4 in rest mode the game doesn't register that it's been turned off and it keeps your highlights. I truly believe the game doesn't know how to handle this because it'll replace highlights with POTGs, but once its full with POTGs, it will rarely ever replace them. There was a point in time where my very first POTG was still in my highlight reel a month later. The only fix is to turn off your PS4, close the Overwatch application, or play a different game. This'll clear the highlight reel.

Anubis is the best, I have the complete opposite reaction.

I'm over 2CP maps in general. Especially in comp, I prefer hybrid or payload maps. KOTH is too stressful and 2CP are either stomps or long and drawn out.

If people are good at rushing it, you can easily take it. Any hesitation as an Attacking team and you're screwed.

It's funny - I posted that after we lost on Defense and they had a little over a minute left after a pretty strong hold on both points by us. I just figured my team would have issues breaking the first point like usual. Instead we completely stomped them and took both points really quick, and then had a leisurely six and a half minutes to take point A in the second round while they had to try a bum rush (and failed).

So for once I didn't lose on Anubis! I guess the game just wants to build my hope up only to crush me later.

That's why it's called "hidden" MMR. Is there even proof that QP has an MMR?
The developers openly talk about it, yes. Having a rating hidden doesn't mean its some kind of taboo subject, that;s absurd.

Also, of course season 1 had to use QP MMR because there was nothing else for placements. It's not like that now. Now, the game uses your last season rank to help find your placement rank.
Here's the thing – is this something you read somewhere or is this your assumption. Because there's a huge difference between the two, and if its the latter you're being oddly indignant about a disagreement on mechanics.

Yep, once it goes 4-man, it MMs with full groups. Not a fan. Back to where I started just 2 hours ago. I just wanna get above 3,000 but that's too hard.
Yeah, first time I saw that, complete bullshit.

I seem to be cursed. Either that or all of season 1 was a fluke. Haven't strung together two wins in ranked in forever.

In a related note, seeing way too much CP. Feels like every time my team manages to hold them to overtime they always manage to break us. Sigh.

His turret is pretty worthless aka he's worthless. Everyone on console knows how to counter it because he was insanely powerful on console in the early days and everyone had to figure him out because of that.

Since then, he's been nerfed and everyone is just getting better at countering his turret. You are much better off picking most other heroes if you're all about winning.

I want him buffed so bad. I feel like Blizzard over punished him and Symmetra. How was widowmaker before the nerf?

There should have been a middle ground.

I love Torbs ultimate and giving people armour.

I want to swing his hammer faster and maybe even give his turret more health? Right now Im finding players at my level struggle with torbs turret.

I think blizz should maybe balance this game differently between ranked and casual

I want one turret on casual but two on ranked :p

Thatd be better I think.

LiK

Well, tried out Solo and won the match. Enemy team switched to a Pharah and my team was not able to counter when I was Junk. I switch to Soldier and get 10 solo kill streaks and made the guy switch outta Pharah. Won that one pretty easily.

If you need a Pharah counter now, I'm your man.
as long as no one else picks Soldier.
;)

komaruR

I want him buffed so bad. I feel like Blizzard over punished him and Symmetra. How was widowmaker before the nerf?

There should have been a middle ground.

I love Torbs ultimate and giving people armour.

I want to swing his hammer faster and maybe even give his turret more health? Right now Im finding players at my level struggle with torbs turret.

I think blizz should maybe balance this game differently between ranked and casual

I want one turret on casual but two on ranked :p

Thatd be better I think.

lol when free weekend on console occur, my rl friend tried ow for the first time and i made alt psn to play with him (smurfing i guess :p) so that he can still play with the single digit crowd, first thing I told him was to use torb since most people at that level don't know how to deal with an auto aim locking turret lol. but as soon he start mm with the 20s+ his torb was getting counter bad lol.

Palmer_v1

(PC)So I asked a few friends who've stopped playing why, and their answer was basically that Genji is too annoying to deal with because he doesn't have good counters.

Kinda getting more and more bored with the game myself as well, though that's partly because I'm stuck solo more often now. I'm not sure they'll ever find a good balance between... well balance, and negative play experiences like Genji, etc. I like asymmetric gameplay, but I can't really argue with people who think Genji has way too much escape potential.

Feel like I'm probably done until they get Defense category figured out properly.

In serious danger of becoming dangerously addicted to Destiny again. I really do t want that to happen. Someone play some Overwatch with me. QP, ranked whatever. I don't want to lose Overwatch!

Just started playing on X1 and I really enjoy it so far. My favorite hero is Hanzo, but Mei is also a lot of fun. I wish people would talk and coordinate more, but I know that will rarely happen so I usually just try to fill in roles when/where needed and hope for the best.

I-hate-u

I hope they're not waiting until Blizzcon in November before releasing anything new. We need an October and a December (holiday) event.

You and me can bounce back and forth mang
That is so hard for me. Now I just want to be Raid ready by the weekend. But it's not gonna happen. My schedule doesn't allow for me to play any game as much as Destiny needs to be played to always be maxed out. I'll raid in a few weeks. And I still love Overwatch, I'm playing it now actually.

I just need to chill with Destiny, that game does bad things to me, lol.

Welp, I'm below 2500 after tonight's matches. 2493.

Still plat, but it stings. Should've quit while I was ahead at 2600.

But, I did get to play with a pretty fun 6 stack and we lost the first match and won the next one because I got a triple kill as McCree and walked into Pharah as she fired a missile, killing us both and ensuring no one was there to contest the payload.

I'll take it.

Man, coordinated team games are so different.

darklin0

Banned
Welp, I'm below 2500 after tonight's matches. 2493.

Still plat, but it stings. Should've quit while I was ahead at 2600.

But, I did get to play with a pretty fun 6 stack and we lost the first match and won the next one because I got a triple kill as McCree and walked into Pharah as she fired a missile, killing us both and ensuring no one was there to contest the payload.

I'll take it.

Man, coordinated team games are so different.

I keep on hovering around 2508 lol. It has been like 3 days straight where I just break even.

exYle

That is so hard for me. Now I just want to be Raid ready by the weekend. But it's not gonna happen. My schedule doesn't allow for me to play any game as much as Destiny needs to be played to always be maxed out. I'll raid in a few weeks. And I still love Overwatch, I'm playing it now actually.

I just need to chill with Destiny, that game does bad things to me, lol.

Yeah I ain't gonna be raid ready this weekend either. I prefer to wait for solid strats before I raid anyway

xaosslug

Where's Sombra?

hacking my acct to keep me below 2500sr
77eH0rq.gif

MUnited83

For you.
FFS

Was doing an awesome match as Zarya. Didn't let them capture a single point on defense. As soon as the attack round begins, I get booted out of it. Try to rejoin, no dice. Try to close the game and open it again, game crashes. Try to open again, it opens, but it doesn't let me rejoin. This shit seems to happen everytime I'm getting my points back and improving.

I feel like winston has too many counters man. Bastion, mccree, reaper, 76, ana, mei all seem squishy but they can make short work of me

Even if i pop a shield, they tend to have stuns and traps that i struggle with

Is winston better on offense or defense?

I know Im good against hanzo, widow, mercy, zenyatta, but sometimes i make awful moves and find myself trapped and dying very fast

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like winston has too many counters man. Bastion, mccree, reaper, 76, ana, mei all seem squishy but they can make short work of me

Even if i pop a shield, they tend to have stuns and traps that i struggle with

Is winston better on offense or defense?

I know Im good against hanzo, widow, mercy, zenyatta, but sometimes i make awful moves and find myself trapped and dying very fast

He's good in all situations. Thing you really need to know though, is that you absolutely cannot solo.

He's a big, meaty distraction. Your ideal play is to go in with your group, jump in o initiate the engage, drop the shield to create a safe space for you and your team, and then you zap them and distract them as much as possible before jumping out. Do not chase the kill unless you're definitely going to get a high value target, because more often than not the entire enemy team will have you dead. Which is sometimes not a bad thing because you might have distracted them enough that your teammates can take advantage of it.

I've seen too many winstons jumping into the fray as their teammates are still running to catch up. Do not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom