• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Game broke in my favor. Lost a game 2-3 Dorado. Each team than got another minute to push and we were able to get tie and and push a little further past the first checkpoint while they were stuck at the first choke. Ended up winning the game.

Felt a little bad for the other team though.

antitrop

I feel like winston has too many counters man. Bastion, mccree, reaper, 76, ana, mei all seem squishy but they can make short work of me

Even if i pop a shield, they tend to have stuns and traps that i struggle with

Is winston better on offense or defense?

I know Im good against hanzo, widow, mercy, zenyatta, but sometimes i make awful moves and find myself trapped and dying very fast

Don't underestimate Zenyattas as Winston. A headshot with a discord orb does 119 damage and he has 20 of those things to throw out before he has to reload.

darklin0

Banned
No monkey business!

lpZwRu7.jpg

Cappa

Banned
Im done with this game. The overwatch community is terrible on ps4 and im sick of it. No communication. No sense of strategy. No teamwork.

I am a super competitive person and it feels terrible to feel like you are doing so good at the game but you keep losing. I must be on a 20 game losing steak already. I followed someone's advice here to play only 1 or 2 competitive matches a day but it has not helped at all.

Ive gone from 23-- to near 19-- awful.

The game is fantastic but it's so frustrating to play an online multi-player game that no one talks or communicates in. What's the point?

ISOM

Im done with this game. The overwatch community is terrible on ps4 and im sick of it. No communication. No sense of strategy. No teamwork.

I am a super competitive person and it feels terrible to feel like you are doing so good at the game but you keep losing. I must be on a 20 game losing steak already. I followed someone's advice here to play only 1 or 2 competitive matches a day but it has not helped at all.

The game is fantastic but it's so frustrating to play an online multi-player game that no one talks or communicates in. What's the point?

Find a group. Also fwiw many people in this thread even have dropped 400/500/600 points. it's just something you're gonna have to deal with as a solo queuer. I'm currently on my way back from dropping to 2300 from 2700, right now im at 2500.

Greddleok

Find a group, or take the game less seriously. I find the latter better, personally.

antitrop

We were talking about Zenyatta Play of the Matches yesterday and I managed a 2,750 HP healed Transcendence. I think I counted 7 total Ults being used in succession, maybe 8. I couldn't save 2 of my teammates from the D.Va, but it was good enough for POTM in a pretty action packed game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSr9xu__6gE

ngcg3GO.gif

Also, our Ana was an idiot for boosting the Reinhardt as all that was happening.

LiK

The requested salty message from earlier:

And bonus Loot Box I got tonight. Mostly dupes, but still ridiculous:

That dude doesn't even realize Ana Nanoboost is super powerful for an Attacking team. Also, he was either Bastion or Torb on Defense so maybe he should shut up on hero picks.

Can they delete Junkrat from the game? They do nothing but constantly feed their healers ult charge.

the only hero that should be deleted now is Widow. Waste of a slot.

That dude doesn't even realize Ana Nanoboost is super powerful for an Attacking team. Also, he was either Bastion or Torb on Defense so maybe he should shut up on hero picks.

That guy and his friend swapped characters like 10 times throughout the match.

None of their picks were effective.

Cappa

Banned
Find a group. Also fwiw many people in this thread even have dropped 400/500/600 points. it's just something you're gonna have to deal with as a solo queuer. I'm currently on my way back from dropping to 2300 from 2700, right now im at 2500.

I've grouped up with a couple of people from gaf like Ultimapooh but for the most part yeah I've been solo queuing. I'm just clueless because it happened out of nowhere. I've been hovering in the 2300s for 50+ games and now its like I can't win a single game. I'm an American in Europe so my American friends play at different hours so it's difficult to group up with them as well.

Find a group, or take the game less seriously. I find the latter better, personally.
Im competitive by nature in everything I do so that's difficult lol. I actually do enjoy the game its the PS4 overwatch community that sucks.

I don't complain about losing when I know my team tried and did well. I'm actually really positive on the microphone because people tend to respond better to someone who's positive than someone who's yelling insults on the microphone all game. Sometimes I don't know if people are even listening when I'm yelling at the bastion and hanzo to jump down from the ledge and get on the point in order to contest the other team and they just stand there and we lose the game.

LiK

If you're doing solo q on PS4, most probably aren't even listening. I don't join Team Chat personally because it can be frustrating listening to an asshole on it.

It's funny, I tend do better when I don't listen to people anyway.

If you're doing solo q on PS4, most probably aren't even listening. I don't join Team Chat personally because it can be frustrating listening to an asshole on it.

It's funny, I tend do better when I don't listen to people anyway.

You probably do better because they aren't stressing you out. Team morale is a super underrated factor.

Farewell

Agree, the overwatch community on ps4 is something special. I think people on pc are more willing to communicate, i mean there is at least a chat.

Cappa

Banned
You probably do better because they aren't stressing you out. Team morale is a super underrated factor.
Exactly. Which is why I'm always positive on the mic and I always give positive feedback when someone does something well even when losing. The minute I know I'm going to lose my cool I turn my mic off and just curse to myself and my dog who looks at me weird and just goes back to sleep lol

Exactly. Which is why I'm always positive on the mic and I always give positive feedback when someone does something well even when losing. The minute I know I'm going to lose my cool I turn my mic off and just curse to myself and my dog who looks at me weird and just goes back to sleep lol

Come on man.

Your dog doesn't deserve that.

LiK

True, sometimes they just end up being distractions.

Also, I think I've settled with Soldier as my main 3rd hero for this Season. I do pretty well with him even on solo q now. Tweaking the sensitivity was pretty major. Will switch him to if my Junk/D.va ain't working or gets picked by someone. I needed a DPS main anyway.

Mei's "I hope you learned your lesson" line is my favorite thing to spam during pre match besides Bastion's "Bweee bwoop-bwoop Bweeeeee Bwoop. Bweep-bweep Boop boop Bweeeeee-bwoop" line.

... I wish there was an easier way to type that one

Oh it's called Bastion's "Hee Hee Hoo" line.

That's a cute name. I like crouching in rhythm with the little song next to teammates. A lot of the time, my teammates will join in.

Mutombo

playing with just one friend already made competetive better. we tried out a few things before sort of settling on a zarya and reinhardt combo. we do really well when a random goes for a mercy. sometimes, as zarya, i can't hit shit, and sometimes you play against a really good pharah and you get wrecked. but on choke points maps we do quite well.

i like playing against widow makers. even when they do damage, do don't do shit for their team.

also, widowmakers: when will you realize you don't do shit for your team?

also, DVA's: when there already is a zarya and a reinhardt in your team, please do damage or heal some shit.

DVA's are the new Hanzo's. Players just don't want to change their mains.

Also: I find the Ultimate of the DVA too good now. At least make it so that she can die to it too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So watching the lenovo cup, and I'm not sure if 3t 3s or its variants will be the defining comp of this meta. It's real freaking strong, but it's still not ideal for quite a number of maps, and people seem to have found some ways to counter it. It's still really strong but I'm not sure if it's the singular comp that will be run by every team.

JoeNut

add some of us fellow eu gaffers? psn: JoeNut - currently level 22 so obviously i'm a newb, but i've got a headset at least.

Been working on my Genji as a more offensive hero to complement my Dva. I'm getting better at utilizing his movement, but still having a bit of trouble with his shuriken. Anyone have any tips on how to be more consistent with those?

PC if that affects your advice.

Cairnsay

Banned
add some of us fellow eu gaffers? psn: JoeNut - currently level 22 so obviously i'm a newb, but i've got a headset at least.

Ditto, I am also pretty new, just level 21, but I am happy to follow direction of someone who knows what they're doing, especially once I start playing competitive.

PSN: sushimonster85

Also, hi everyone! I have been lurking here since jumping in after the free weekend.

Hmm this is an interesting one. I've seen it done before but this is against reunited. 3DPS 1T 2S used to counter 3T 3S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhS5k2PBsrE

RIP my productivity this morning.

Just started watching but 2 things stick out:

- 3 tanks, even without 3 supports, for both teams is getting popular if an Ana is present.

- This dude just pronounced "nano" as "naw-no." He has an American accent. wtf

I hate all of you.

image.php

Won't speak for NA pc, but EU is so quite...people start to communicate at ~3000, no less.
That's how solo queue is here.

I've had moderate communication around 2100~2200 on NA. It's most common that I'm the only person talking about enemy positions, but I'd say about 50% of my game have like 2-3 other people talking as well.

��Mada Mada��

Yosh! Yosh! Yosh! Yosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom