• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

I actually played two Comp matches this afternoon. This was the first time that I have played Comp in over a month, since the 26th of September, actually.

It's strange to think but with 50 hours in Overwatch I decided to step out of Comp completely and work out becoming a more well rounded player. I spent most of S1 as Lucio and most of the off-season as Zarya in prep for S2. I did all of my placements as Zarya and placed Gold despite losing most matches during placement.

Now I'm approaching 70 hours played and I am completely comfortable stepping in to a match and switching to Rein, Winston, Zarya, Lucio, Zenyatta, Mercy, Reaper, Soldier 76, Symmetra or Torb. In a pinch I can do D.Va, Tracer, Ana and Mcree, if needed.

Those two games I played this afternoon? We won those handily and I got PotG as Winston in the 2nd one. I'm still far down the totem pole in terms of time played and experience as compared to many but taking a break from Comp and putting time into becoming more comfortable with more heroes was absolutely the right thing to do.

The more holes you can fill in a team comp the better off you will be. That's the moral of this story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing I love about south korea is that they love their bastion.

I'm pretty sure they're the only reason why bastion isn't at like 0% pickrate.

darklin0

Banned
JHnW885.jpg

Kill me.

So S. Korea wasn't really trolling before, that was really their strats.

haters be silenced.

secondly, it's not surprising....Korea usually doesn't give a shit about meta, which has been proven in HoTS.

xaosslug

Quit if you lose two times in a row or you'll be losing most of what you've gained if you insist during a lose streak, like I did.

That's some hefty gain, congrads.

Btw. the world cup should have its own thread maybe, deservedly so.

i lost 2 in a row then won 2 in a row, and actually ended up +5sr. I quit while I was ahead. xD IDEK w/ this game anymore. LOL

Jellie

So S. Korea wasn't really trolling before, that was really their strats.

haters be silenced.

secondly, it's not surprising....Korea usually doesn't give a shit about meta, which has been proven in HoTS.

They said yesterday in an interview it was a legit strat.

He said that the reason he boosted Symmetra at the second time was because the enemy Genji used his ult after being boosted by Ana. He mentioned that in theory Symmetra attack with Ana boost has a higher consistent DPS than Genji's Ult with nano boost, so they had TaiRong's Symmetra go after the nano boosted Genji to stop him from killing his teammates. Don't know if this theory is really true, but we did see in the match the nano boosted Symmetra going after Genji.

He stated that the comp itself was practiced SINCE THE SCRIM. The South Korean team used the exact same comp in eichenwalde defense when they were screaming against other nations in the scrimmage. Now he did state an exception: they didn't use the comp if the enemy brought out 3 tanks, since it would be less effective. They used it today because they analyzed the Australian team and knew they would not use 3 tanks. He stated that thus the comp used against Australia would be pretty much useless against Finland's 3 tank meta.

Arhan is famous for his love of Torb, and Zunba's third most used character is Junkrat after Roadhog, which makes a lot more sense for the comp today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...e_facts_about_south_korea_comp_on_second_map/

AngryMoth

Nice to see all the DPS heroes getting at least some play in the world cup except for soldier. Just a shame is still always the same 2 supports on every team

Kito

Just a shame is still always the same 2 supports on every team

I've seen all 5 used from the odd matches I've watched, and more Mercys than Zens funnily enough.

This tournament really doesn't interest me much though. The final will obviously be Sweden vs USA or maybe Korea. Everyone else is a joke lol.

Fancolors

Nice to see all the DPS heroes getting at least some play in the world cup except for soldier. Just a shame is still always the same 2 supports on every team

You would probably see Zen if there was more koth.

I'm guessing Blizzard picked the maps because there's too much Route 66 for a tournament.

MrPanic

Broke my career high again, hit that 2800sr finally, diamond finally coming closer in range. Had a ton of draws though today, like 5 or something, what a absolute waste of time. It's kinda depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom