• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Played vs this today, we lost at like last meter.
SRHBVZu.jpg
Why didn't you all just go Rein?
PTR is updating. Hm.

It says Season 3. Is that new?
No.

KyleCross

One thing that annoys me lately is when a player throws up the "I need Healing!" emote, then folllows it up with a "Thanks!"

I can see you need healing, and more likely than not I'm already healing you by the time you trigger that or I'm fucking dead cause I was being focused by the enemy team. All you're doing is unfocusing yourself from combat or survival going into that emote wheel and picking things. Being thanked is appreciative, but by the time you select it you're probably already half dead again.

I'm sure this isn't a problem on PC due to hotkeys, but it sure is on console.

One thing that annoys me lately is when a player throws up the "I need Healing!" emote, then folllows it up with a "Thanks!"

I can see you need healing, and more likely than not I'm already healing you by the time you trigger that or I'm fucking dead cause I was being focused by the enemy team. All you're doing is unfocusing yourself from combat or survival going into that emote wheel and picking things. Being thanked is appreciative, but by the time you select it you're probably already half dead again.

I'm sure this isn't a problem on PC due to hotkeys, but it sure is on console.

I always jump when I use the wheel so I don't have to stop moving.

She failed.

bitch what did you say

*sighs* People are still teabagging. In 2016.
All day everyday
😎

But seriously i pretty much only do it after i kill someone ive been chasing or just a few meters away from a health pack. guaranteed tilt👌

And if it happens to me i make it my duty to do it back to them.

DevilDog

All day everyday
��

But seriously i pretty much only do it after i kill someone ive been chasing or just a few meters away from a health pack. guaranteed tilt��

And if it happens to me i make it my duty to do it back to them.

I'm practising tracer and people teabag me everytime they kill me. Sometimes multiple people.

KyleCross

They should let D.va ride a giant pumpkin next Halloween.

Think we're going to get new costumes for each event or just the same ones again? I've been wondering if Blizzard intends to only give each hero a single Legendary Seasonal Skin (excluding recolors). So for example Mercy won't get another Legendary for any other season cause she already had one for Halloween. It seems like something they'd do. But they want lootboxes being popular, so I suppose they will add more with time.

Cappa

Banned
Think we're going to get new costumes for each event or just the same ones again? I've been wondering if Blizzard intends to only give each hero a single Legendary Seasonal Skin (excluding recolors). So for example Mercy won't get another Legendary for any other season cause she already had one for Halloween. It seems like something they'd do. But they want lootboxes being popular, so I suppose they will add more with time.

if they want people to spend real $ on loot boxes theyll try to add as many "limited" skins as possible.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
*sighs* People are still teabagging. In 2016.

Lol. You should try playing Titanfall 2 where people literally powerslide their crotch across your corpse.

It's next level teabagging. Don't even need to worry about losing momentum. You can't stay mad at it.

Well, the only characters who got Halloween skins were ones who didn't get any Summer Games skins. I expect Christmas will see the last few characters still without any event skins receive some. After that, they'll probably still create new skins for future repeat events. There's no way Blizzard are just going to arbitrarily draw a line under the thing that makes them the most money by incentivising lootbox purchases.

I probably won't have time to play again today, so I'm finishing the event with Reinhardt's Halloween emote, all Halloween character intros, and all Halloween skins besides Ana, Bastion, and Pharah's.

I'm content, though I was a bit irritated when I bought 50 lootboxes and got three Junkenstein's Monster skins and three Witch skins. It's complete horseshit that duplicate legendary event skins still only give you 200 coins. if they cost 3000, they should give you 600 for a duplicate.

HiiiLife

Been having so much wins lately playing solo. I'm happy I've finally been getting teamed up with players who PTFO / understand team composition.

So close to diamond.

What the FUCK.

I just found out that Blizzard are patching the prestige system, so that the XP required for each level no longer reverts back to the same as level 1, meaning you'll still require the same amount of XP.

They even outright said the reason is because the current system "encouraged some people to stop playing the game altogether once they’re promoted—the goal of this being to save those first 23 levels specifically for seasonal events."

Yeah, no shit Blizzard. I've already paid for about 200 lootboxes since owning the game; god forbid I also want to try and get a few free ones a bit more easily. Of course you don't want people doing that; you want even more fucking lootbox sales. Because charging triple for the legendary skins and yet still only getting 200 coins back for duplicates isn't cheap enough.

Not only does this fuck people over in terms of lootboxes, but now there's going to be an artifical gap between the levels of players who prestiged before this patch and after. As anybody who prestiged prior to it will be about 10 or so levels higher than anybody afterwards with the same amount of XP.

I'm completely done buying lootboxes, and I'm annoyed I didn't know this yesterday before buying some.

Cappa

Banned
I'm completely done buying lootboxes, and I'm annoyed I didn't know this yesterday before buying some.

Dont buy lootboxes. :)

Been having so much wins lately playing solo. I'm happy I've finally been getting teamed up with players who PTFO / understand team composition.

So close to diamond.

Ive found the "strategy" to solo Qing is locking in your main, every single game. In my case, Ive been locking in Mei every single time regardless of other hero picks and regardls of attack and defense.

Ive won over 60%(im 21-9 in my last 30 games) of games since doing this. It´s a bit selfish but if you´re locking in a main that is versatile i.e. Mei, Roadhhog, Soldier etc whatever its not like you're hurting the team and all 3 of those players are just as good on offense and defense and more importantly they can self heal.

DevilDog

What the FUCK.

I just found out that Blizzard are patching the prestige system, so that the XP required for each level no longer reverts back to the same as level 1, meaning you'll still require the same amount of XP.

They even outright said the reason is because the current system "encouraged some people to stop playing the game altogether once they’re promoted—the goal of this being to save those first 23 levels specifically for seasonal events."

Yeah, no shit Blizzard. I've already paid for about 200 lootboxes since owning the game; god forbid I also want to try and get a few free ones a bit more easily. Of course you don't want people doing that; you want even more fucking lootbox sales. Because charging triple for the legendary skins and yet still only getting 200 coins back for duplicates isn't cheap enough.

Not only does this fuck people over in terms of lootboxes, but now there's going to be an artifical gap between the levels of players who prestiged before this patch and after. As anybody who prestiged prior to it will be about 10 or so levels higher than anybody afterwards with the same amount of XP.

First of all this encourages people to stop playing the game, which is unacceptable.
Second, you're still gonna buy loot boxes.

LiK

What the FUCK.

Yea, it's actually pretty silly to punish people who wanna game the system. It doesn't really hurt them but hey, they want your money.

What the FUCK.

To be fair, they're also reducing the amount of XP per level from 22000 to 20000, so it'll be roughly the same amount per 100 levels, and you'll get boxes slightly faster than before.

So there's that, for whatever it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom