• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
how were the ratings for the OW championship or whatever that was broadcast on TBS?

About 280k viewers, which was a bit better than the CSGO group finals that aired in the summer on TBS.

Honestly, I think it was a bit early to air OW on TV when there aren't enough great casters and the spectator tools still leave a lot to be desired (though Blizzard has made some big improvements in the latter regard, as can be seen in the World Cup).

MartyStu

Question, is it frowned upon to use Ana as your sole healer?

Been using her in QP and I am not sure if I am crippling my team by not using one of the others.

Really liking her now though. I assume this partly because my aim has gotten a lot better.

NZNR's Mei... nightmare fuel. 0_0

ETA: Zen needs another buff, I guess? He's pretty much out of the meta, at this point.

Good Mei play is always nightmarish. Even for the Mei player.

Jellie

Been using her in QP and I am not sure if I am crippling my team by not using one of the others.

Really liking her now though. I assume this partly because my aim has gotten a lot better.

Ana is probably the best solo healer though it depends on your comp. The problem with Ana as a solo healer is that her heal is on CD and wasted on yourself usually. Lucio could also be best solo.

If you have characters with no healing sustain eg Winston Reinhardt or Dva a Lucio won't cut it since his healing is the lowest. With a Roadhog zarya reaper mei soldier etc Lucio can do well since less burden on him. You should really ask for two healers though since it helps each support survive better and if one dies your team isn't crippled till they get back. Plus their ults are the best too.

For my own question, what's more BS scatter arrow or hook?

About 280k viewers, which was a bit better than the CSGO group finals that aired in the summer on TBS.

Honestly, I think it was a bit early to air OW on TV when there aren't enough great casters and the spectator tools still leave a lot to be desired (though Blizzard has made some big improvements in the latter regard, as can be seen in the World Cup).

These two things is what makes watching Overwatch competitvely so boring to me

Fancolors

I'm blaming kokfc for losing that round on Lijiang.That charge was not necessary.

She can heal as much as a Mercy if you manage your grenades.

It's almost like... like you are posessed by a demon.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Finally a great matchup in this series. Thailand vs France was pretty hype.

Alucrid

Banned

she's a good healer, but if i'm in a situation where i'm the solo healer i don't trust my team to 1) be in my los or 2) help me when i'm targeted. so i always go lucio since i can be a bit more self sufficient and survivable.

xaosslug

also, the meta is boring. Seeing the same characters and strategies over and over... meh.

He's only out of the meta because ana is too strong and lucio is lucio.

He's perfectly fine strength wise.

idk? I can see Blizz upping Zen's harmony healing rate or something similar to Mercy, unless they nerf Lucio & Ana further...

T__T

darklin0

Banned
2 legendaries tonight. still no Mercy. Blizzard plz.

eWe9477.jpg

matmanx1

Does anyone have a good, kinda cheap recommendation for a Mouse for Overwatch? My current mouse destroys my hand.

Don't know if anyone got back to you but this one comes highly recommended by a lot of Pro players and it isn't expensive. Zowie FK1.

I would say my hands are average length with a wide spread, so I need something that has a decent cusping size to it. My current mouse is a generic Amazon one cuz it was $5.

Had some good games with Bastion tonight in Horde (2 play of the games). Got to lv.14. I wish I could upload these highlights to YT easily, though. I don't really have a good way to do it.

Are you on the PC with an Nvidia GPU? Shadowplay inside the GeForce Experience app works well and is easy to use.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does the halloween event end on tuesday? Haven't been able to play much lately but I want to atleast squeeze out one more box then just buy mercy and ana's if I don't get it in there.

xaosslug

IDK what it is but QP has been ridiculous, this weekend. Peeps are playing super-hardcore to the point where it's obvious they're running their mains. WTF? lol

KyleCross

45 lootboxes, still no Mercy. They've been giving me two Halloween items per box the last few boxes... and they've all been duplicates. Sucks I'm gonna have to spend 3k on Mercy and not have enough to buy anything else.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
45 lootboxes, still no Mercy. They've been giving me two Halloween items per box the last few boxes... and they've all been duplicates. Sucks I'm gonna have to spend 3k on Mercy and not have enough to buy anything else.
And then you'll unlock a loot box that contains a Mercy Witch dupe.

The only skin I wanted was Witch Mercy, so some friends and I have been playing a bit of OW trying to unlock the skins we want from the loot boxes. I was getting discouraged because I wasn't getting any items I felt like I wanted, but honestly the only one I really wanted was Witch Mercy. This weekend my wife went out of town so I was here alone with the kids, and since they're younger, instead of risk having to AFK in case they needed something and screwing my team I did something I told myself I'd never do. I bought $10 worth of loot boxes.

"You play this game so much, and you'll play it for so much more."
"Ten bucks is barely going out for lunch."
"It'll just be this one time."

I justified it several ways and started popping them open. In the sixth box I did get my Witch Mercy, so I was relieved I didn't drop the money for nothing. Oddly enough though I feel like the last game I want to play right now is OW.

Kiro

Wrapped up tonight with a final halloween loot box because I can't play tomorrow and I was graced with Witch Mercy! The only one I wanted on my last halloween box. This game keeps delivering

Apathy

some days it feels like you play the same 3 maps over and over again. really wish there was a buffer, like you cant play the same map until you've played at least 5 different maps

KarmaCow

I have almost 5k in coins but I'm not sure if I want to buy the Mercy skin or just wait for possibly Sombra stuff. Not really a fan of the skin itself but I mostly want it just for the upcoming change to her resurrection line.

demented

Played vs this today, we lost at like last meter.
SRHBVZu.jpg

Also I've gotten just pure **** from this event and it's ending tomorrow fml
B317Tfo.jpg

Almost every crate is like this, think I got blue zen skin and every 2nd or 3rd crate I get duplicates (see my level...)

They said yesterday in an interview it was a legit strat.

Dang. I honestly thought they were just doing it to rub it in. Oh well.

God, so much eichenwilde and hanamura.

It seems like they only picked like 6 maps in total. I don't think they've played at all on Volskaya, Hollywood, Gibraltar or Numbani. I haven't watched the second half of yesterday's matches yet, but before the Group C and D matches yesterday, they also only played once on King's Row (Thailand v China I think), and only on Lijiang for Control maps, so no Ilios or Nepal either.

eek5

SoloQ comp. 4 man group on my team. They pick junkrat, hanzo, genji, ana. Ana spends the whole match trying to give candy to the other team. I switch to bastion late game because why not. End up out healing ana. kill me.

Lol one of my friends has been shitting on me about how much my SR dropped and how he would never let that happen and would quit while he was ahead.

He ran some solo Q tonight and dropped over 300 points. #Vindication

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
SoloQ comp. 4 man group on my team. They pick junkrat, hanzo, genji, ana. Ana spends the whole match trying to give candy to the other team. I switch to bastion late game because why not. End up out healing ana. kill me.

I don't know why these troll groups happen but they happen.

Ran into a few yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom