• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

TIL as a healer, if you hit the need healing key at someone calling for a healer, it tells them to get the fuck over to you instead

Rize_21

I'm starting to believe the theory that Blizzard possibly made that leak intentionally.
I don't know, the art team seems to have something with the legs for the female cast, now that we have the (cyber) barefoot covered, I wonder what's next.
Also those skills "leak" are so lame, I really want to see a Call Mech as ult twice the size than the D.Va's one.

I've no time to play today so I got my final Halloween Lootbox last night. And it completely epitomises this whole event for me.

A duplicate Winston spray.
A duplicate Mei spray.
A duplicate Witch hat Player Icon.
A Zenyatta voice line.

Lovely stuff.

Had to buy the Mercy and Sym skins. I only unlocked 2 skins in about 50 boxes. Roadhog (twice!) and Zen's. Absolute garbage.

darklin0

Banned
Got a card for 30 obj elims and I had 32 elims in total. Not a single like.

yvA9KPM.jpg

iosa

I've no time to play today so I got my final Halloween Lootbox last night. And it completely epitomises this whole event for me.

A duplicate Winston spray.
A duplicate Mei spray.
A duplicate Witch hat Player Icon.
A Zenyatta voice line.

Lovely stuff.

Had to buy the Mercy and Sym skins. I only unlocked 2 skins in about 50 boxes. Roadhog (twice!) and Zen's. Absolute garbage.

I had more Luck on my last box which got me Mercy skins.

So in about 30 boxes I got Mercy, Junkrat, Soldier and Hanzo, plus Ana emote.

I went into the event wanting all of the healers skins so I had to buy Ana Ghoul. I'm still hesitating for Cranyatta because I got Ifrit during the event which is pretty nice.

KiraFA37

You really like the design of the current leaked Sombra image, I wasn't so sure from the first leaked image but now I'm definitely warming up to her design, especially the led thigh high socks. Can't wait for the reveal.

Also which site are you guys using to plot your SR evolution? It isn't masteroverwatch is it?

Can some one help me out? I some how muted myself when I left a group on the main menu screen and now it shows myself muted in the left hand corner. I can't for th life of me figure out how to get rid of it.

On PS4 btw.

Thanks.

I think its a bug, its happened to me a few times. Close and restart Overwatch and it should work fine.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Another day, another round of games lost because someone thinks they can attack junkrat.

My hate for this character is nearly overtaking my hate for tracer. And this time it's my hate for being matched up with him.

edit: and the next game where I didn't have a junkrat but the other team did? Won it.

moerser

Another day, another round of games lost because someone thinks they can attack junkrat.

My hate for this character is nearly overtaking my hate for tracer. And this time it's my hate for being matched up with him.

edit: and the next game where I didn't have a junkrat but the other team did? Won it.

i share the same fate. but with hanzos and widows.

Shahadan

Can you destroy Tracer's bomb? We were in the middle of a friendly Zarya ult and I was firing at tracer, she dropped her bomb but it didn't go off.

I had the same experience with a Mei ult. Was it my gun or Zarya's ult?

Well I'll probably not be playing anymore before Halloween ends. Ended up having to buy the Roadhog and Symmetra skins with coins, as well as a few odds and ends like Reaper's RIP pose and D.Va's Happy Halloween!

Overall it wasn't a bad event for me - got all 4 legendary skins - the only skins I didn't get were 76 and Zen's but those were my least favorite of all of them so it's okay. Got all three highlight intros, two out of three emotes, and all the sprays I wanted. And I only spent $30 on loot boxes and still have a little over 2000 coins for Sombra stuff when she gets released. Not bad at all.

As Zen, all the time. Not so much with anyone else.

Funny enough, that's exactly who I was playing as.

Blues1990

Do you guys think Sombra could possibly be a summoner-type hero? It looks like she's puppeteering the robot, and the two month timer was transmitting to active omnics. Not only that, but the initial leak mentions she lost something to the first Omnic Crisis.

Do you guys think Sombra could possibly be a summoner-type hero? It looks like she's puppeteering the robot, and the two month timer was transmitting to active omnics. Not only that, but the initial leak mentions she lost something to the first Omnic Crisis.

It's possible - maybe the Zomnics from the Brawl are recolors of what she can summon. It would be neater than hacking health packs.

Fancolors

In typical Youtube fashion, every big Overwatch channel is talking about Sombra right after the second leak.

How is it possible to speak for more than 5 minutes based on a single image?

Naarmight

So last day of the Halloween event, I am rank 97, no chance I will get 100 tonight, and all those quick levels, utter disaster

Does that also mean I will miss out on the quick levels if they patch it after the event?

Fancolors

So last day of the Halloween event, I am rank 97, no chance I will get 100 tonight, and all those quick levels, utter disaster

Does that also mean I will miss out on the quick levels if they patch it after the event?

If they patch it, yes. However there haven't been an announcement of when or even if it goes live, so I'd say you still have time for those levels (unfortunately, no Halloween boxes tho).

Can't play at all today, so my final loot boxes were last night. Over the course of this event I got 20+ levels and purchased 11 boxes last night.

Still no Mercy Witch.

So I swallowed my sadness and purchased Ana's candy drop emote as a compensation prize. Maybe next year, Mercy Witch... maybe next year.

Got a card for 30 obj elims and I had 32 elims in total. Not a single like.

2 rip tires hooked and eliminated
2 dragon blades hooked and eliminated
62% hook accuracy
3 gold medals

No POTG (this goes to a lucio sound barrier)

Not
Even
A
Card

Brb deleting my account

matmanx1

Hats off to Blizzard. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this current Halloween event. The Brawl is so good and I will sorely miss it when it is gone. Not only is it expertly produced it also allows folks to practice with Hanzo, Ana, S76 and Mcree in a way that doesn't screw your team over as you learn the hero. We need more stuff like this and I sincerely hope Blizz takes all of the positive feedback to heart.

My luck with the Halloween specific cosmetic stuff was pretty good. I ended up getting most of the stuff that I wanted including Ana, Reaper, Pharah and Rein's skins as well as Genji and Mei's awesome intros. I kept hoping for Mercy's skin but at the conclusion of last night's play time I caved and bought it for 3000, which was most of my coins. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

Now, bring on Sombra and give me some time to rebuild my meager coin reserves before the next Holiday event.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Literally so sick of these 1-shot Hanzo kills. Headshots should do 150-175 damage max.
Even though Hanzo sucks, you try playing him and see how many of those head shots you get. It's pretty tough. He's a pretty high skill character (excluding scatters).

Also Genejin, Mei wrecks tanks. Not by herself specifically, but once you're frozen, she starts headshotting you, and literally anyone else chips in, you're dead.

Kysen

Yesterday I had the worst round ever. I felt like a total fraud at my rank. I picked Ana and for some reason I just couldn't heal properly. People dying left and right like I wasn't even there. It also didn't help that I was getting an earful over vc from an irate player. And you know what? he was absolutely right. I switched off to zarya and we won the round.

Completely shook my confidence when playing Ana. I've had bad games playing dps but never as a support. At least I ended the day 3-1 and regained all the lost SR from the weekend.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like MM is fucking with me nowadays.

So tempted to just stop being a healing main (which I enjoy, but fuck me sometimes) and just go full mei, all the time, because sometimes that seems to be the only thing that works.

eh whatever, I'll have a 2 week overseas trip soon so I'm just trying to get as many CP as I can.

Hats off to Blizzard. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this current Halloween event. The Brawl is so good and I will sorely miss it when it is gone. Not only is it expertly produced it also allows folks to practice with Hanzo, Ana, S76 and Mcree in a way that doesn't screw your team over as you learn the hero. We need more stuff like this and I sincerely hope Blizz takes all of the positive feedback to heart.

I agree with this 100%

As someone with VERY limited Mcee & Ana time this was an awesome opportunity to brush up on the heroes. My take away? I'm the worst Mcree.

Owzers

is this game dying on console? matchmaking gets longer every day
I think it has more to do with how they are trying to match people. It wasn't a steady increase to find a match in my experience, just a massive jump.

Or maybe everyone abandoned the game because of Bastion.

KiraFA37

Should I even try getting the door achievement in the brawl? I got the other 3 already. How hard is it?

Not that hard per se but you need to have team that knows what they are doing/are going for the achievement. I got it while playing with Ana and grouping up with a random 3-stack, I held on to my ult for the McCree to use with his on a boss, and then I focussed on the zombadiers so that the rest of the team could focus on the regular zomnics. That and I made sure that I always got the tire I was focussing on. I say it is easier to do than the win on hard achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom