• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Probably the last loot box for the event, I see a legendary icon and it ends up being for Zenyatta. To make it worse, it's the one I bought using coins so it really just ends up being worth less than an epic coin drop.

It's a shame China won. I really would've liked France and Thailand to go through to the quarters. I'm rooting mostly for Thailand, but I also really like France.

Even though the ARG points to Dorado, maybe something will happen in Volskaya too? We have a "hacked" screen there...

That screenshot is months old. :/

I-hate-u

4TcQOMT.jpg

I' am shaking, GAF. Got promoted to Master by getting 3500 SR on the dot. I started at 2800s, went up to 3100s, down to 2500s, and then back up to 3500. All solo que too.

Man, the climb in the early 3000s is much easier than the 2500s. The game is much more fun to play too because everyone are somewhat coordinated even without people talking. I got really lucky with good teammates too.

Nazo

Can some one help me out? I some how muted myself when I left a group on the main menu screen and now it shows myself muted in the left hand corner. I can't for th life of me figure out how to get rid of it.

On PS4 btw.

Thanks.

Seriously guys. I need some help with this.

ricelord

4TcQOMT.jpg

I' am shaking, GAF. Got promoted to Master by getting 3500 SR on the dot. I started at 2800s, went up to 3100s, down to 2500s, and then back up to 3500. All solo que too.

Man, the climb in the early 3000s is much easier than the 2500s. The game is much more fun to play too because everyone are somewhat coordinated even without people talking. I got really lucky with good teammates too.

time for grandmaster

I think I hate Eichenwalde.

Which is a shame because the middle portion is one of the best designed map parts in the game. But the first and last points, ugh.

I felt the same way, and then I started splitting up my Hero choices depending on what stage the fight was in. I'm Tank/Support exclusively, so I have one of each ready for each stage. It's really helped, and it's a lot more fun.

AbaFadi

Banned
No way. Grandmaster is like top 240 on PSN, and the level of play in that echelon can sometimes be overwhelming. I played with and against top 100 guys and they just seem on another level.

Nah, grandmaster is top 150 about. Games in grandmaster are a lot of fun, people actually know what they're doing for the most part.

You ever have a game where your team does really well, but you're basically the punching bag of the enemy team? I swear a video cut of the last match I had could be made to a Three Stooges tune. I died in just about every "wrong place, wrong time" way. Get back to the payload right as a Rip-Tire explodes. Accidentally walk into a Reinhardt charge that takes me off the map. Enemy Zarya misses the rest of my team but gets only me with the Graviton Surge.

I swear it was the worst luck I've ever had - I basically existed only to be a meat shield so the rest of my team could win.

As Zen, all the time. Not so much with anyone else.

Nimby

Banned
Someone on reddit 'claims' to know her abilities:

She can
hack healthpacks to deal damage instead of healing
She provides a
defense buff to her teammates
Her ult
is a counter to speedboost, team-wide slow

I-hate-u

Nah, grandmaster is top 150 about. Games in grandmaster are a lot of fun, people actually know what they're doing for the most part.

I'll say this, I played with top 100s Genjis and Tracers and they seem a nightmare to fight against. But, you're right, the more coordinated the people play together the more fun the game is.

She can
She provides a
Her ult

So she is a defense character? That first ability seems kinda trash though. If I am playing with a team, I would rely on my teammate's healing to build their ult unless I am a flanker.

BDSM ult.

Even the omnics look like they're wearing ballgags.

That's the hand from the giant omnic in the background, not multiple omnics.

She can
She provides a
Her ult
Second one is so vague that I'm surprised they tried to claim it at all.

She can
She provides a
Her ult

A defense buff... why would that spoiler claim to know health packs become damage and ult is mass slow but we get a vague defense buff?

Nimby

Banned
A defense buff... why would that spoiler claim to know health packs become damage and ult is mass slow but we get a vague defense buff?

They said it interfered with enemy damage outputs, which is just a defense buff. I honestly hope she cuts into his playtime in some way.

medpack hacking IS useless. Imagine choosing Sombra and running up to all healthpacks and hitting E or shift to turn it into corrupted healthpack but it ends up that your team is using them instead. It's so situational.

KarmaCow

An ult that slows down enemies seems kinda dumb. Well not dumb because it would be ridiculously amazing but Mei already kinda has that.

If they could somehow prevent griefing, it would be neat if she could turn on friendly fire.

It's not useless. It's just not fun. On defense especially you could have a Reaper/Tracer etc. flanking behind on Volskaya, take some damage, run into the bunker, die. In fact I'd say that's a pretty huge Tracer counter.

It just doesn't seem like something that would take any skill or timing. Just push a button on every pack you see (I'm assuming that teammates can pick up corrupted health packs normally, if they can't that helps the strategy aspect, but also makes the ability even more lame.).

AbaFadi

Banned
I'll say this, I played with top 100s Genjis and Tracers and they seem a nightmare to fight against. But, you're right, the more coordinated the people play together the more fun the game is.

Yup, I've grouped up with some of the best genjis and tracers out there and they can make quite a difference.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not useless. It's just not fun. On defense especially you could have a Reaper/Tracer etc. flanking behind on Volskaya, take some damage, run into the bunker, die. In fact I'd say that's a pretty huge Tracer counter.

It just doesn't seem like something that would take any skill or timing. Just push a button on every pack you see (I'm assuming that teammates can pick up corrupted health packs normally, if they can't that helps the strategy aspect, but also makes the ability even more lame.).

I dunno, killing tracer is always fun.

Nudull

Banned
Bought 13 boxes, because I'm a terrible person.

Got Junkenstein, but no Hanzo or Reaper. Gonna have to grind like crazy, but odds aren't looking too great.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Those abilities sound pretty trash, especially the health pack one. I'm not even sure if half the player base knows there are health packs. How the fuck am I suppose to main Sombra with this news!?

darklin0

Banned
A slow effect ult sounds like trash, like a shitty version of Mei's ult.

Unless it is a map wide effect. Then that could be ludicrous.

I sincerely doubt the health pack sabotage is real. I've seen that as a "leaked" ability before (that one had her having stealth and her ult being a disable/mute as the other skills).

The reason why I can't imagine this as something Blizzard would add is because it's so incredibly ludicrously specialized. It's even more niche than Symmetra is currently, and she's getting a rework to exactly counteract her being such a niche pick. And that ability would also be terrible to counter flanking because it's incredibly situational - you don't know which flanking route is going to get used, and even then health packs aren't necessarily going to get picked up during engagements.
To top it off, most of the flanker characters have self-sustain/healing abilities. The only one I can think of that doesn't is Genji. Reaper, Roadhog and Tracer all can heal themselves.

The other skills on both "leaked" movesets don't seem very counter-flanker to me, as well, so there's no synergy at all.

So a whole character for the mere chance at perhaps maybe getting one kill off of a poisoned health pack every few games? No way Jose. Blizzard is better than that.

mollipen

22 boxes + $20 later. Skin-wise, I get Junkrat, Roadhog, Reaper, Reinhardt, Bastion x2, Soldier x2.

I didn't want any of those gggrrrrr!. All I wanted was Mercy, Ana, and/or Zenyatta. Nope. Instead, I got almost every single Halloween outfit surrounding them. The RNGoddess really blessed me during the Summer Games event, so I guess my favor with her ran out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom