• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude.

Not that hard per se but you need to have team that knows what they are doing/are going for the achievement. I got it while playing with Ana and grouping up with a random 3-stack, I held on to my ult for the McCree to use with his on a boss, and then I focussed on the zombadiers so that the rest of the team could focus on the regular zomnics. That and I made sure that I always got the tire I was focussing on. I say it is easier to do than the win on hard achievement.
Guess I'll give it a try, then.

oti

Banned
Got Ana's HW skin too. 4 HW skins all in all. Reaper, Junkenstein, Ana and Bastion. Sounds good to me. Level 33 now.

I got three Junkrats, three Roadhogs, Ana's, Soldier 76's, and Symmetra's. Wound up buying Mercy's with credits.

I find it interesting to see how random everybody's gets were. I prestiged right as the event started, so I got 35 levels worth of loot boxes plus I spent $30 for another 35, 70 total.

Got Witch Mercy once, Junkenstein twice, Reaper three times, Pharah three times, Bastion three times, Ana once, Hanzo once, Reinhardt once. Had to buy Roadhog and Symmetra.

I really wonder what kind of algorithm Blizzard uses for event boxes and how likely it is you get the rare ones vs the regular rares. I got four "regular" legendaries during the event and only one wasn't a duplicate.

Betty

Banned
Still no Mercy or Junkrat skins and that sucks.

May as well use my 2000 saved up coins to buy the other halloween things while I can.

The only Halloween thing I kinda wanted but didn't get was Reinhardt's pumpkin baseball emote. I'm not sure I want to drop 750 credits on it.

Tovarisc

Got Ana and Mercy skins, used credits to get Reaper skin. Got all + 1 what I wanted so I'm good with event.

So Sombra news today? If so around what time we should expect something?

Thewonandonly

Got Ana and Mercy skins, used credits to get Reaper skin. Got all + 1 what I wanted so I'm good with event.

So Sombra news today? If so around what time we should expect something?
I feel like they have to now. Even if they planned to release it at blizzcon they cant anymore since they themselves leaked it. If they do act suprisded and have her hack the stage then that will be one of the biggest cringe moment's of the year exspecially with the boo's in the background ;)

Moonkeis

Charge crazy Rein goes in by himself, dies, and repeats this over and over. While his support is getting picked off, and proceeds to ask "Why didn't you Ult me Ana"? Cus I'm fucking running back...-.-

So when's that sombra trailer going to come out. They cant wait until blizzcon when they themselves allready leaked it can they...

The absolute least they are going to do today is put out another countdown with Sombra's face or something since there was even a blog on Blizzard's site that stated 'things were going to happen' in the lore on 11/1. That's the worst case scenario.

Up from that, the slightly better but still almost worst case scenario is a Sombra teaser trailer (or hacked Lumerico propaganda video or something) where she says "just a few more days, teehee!"

Up from that, we might get a Sombra gameplay trailer like we got for Ana.

If we get really lucky, we'll get Sombra on PTR today. More likely it'll be Sombra releasing on PTR during Blizzcon.

I'll be legit shocked if we get Sombra playable on Live, even while Blizzcon is happening.

If I were a betting man, I would wager that Blizzard will first only allow those with a Blizzcon virtual ticket (and physical Blizzcon attendees) to play as Sombra on the PTR, like the way Eichenwald was at first only playable to those attending Gamescom.

komaruR

Even though Hanzo sucks, you try playing him and see how many of those head shots you get. It's pretty tough. He's a pretty high skill character (excluding scatters).

Also Genejin, Mei wrecks tanks. Not by herself specifically, but once you're frozen, she starts headshotting you, and literally anyone else chips in, you're dead.

lol I still call bs because people just really kept shooting arrow at the choke and I happen to "jump" into it (watching from killcam). Ever since halloween patch, I've main hanzo from the brawls training and all my shots were leading shots. I earn my headshot fair and square :p
Scatter arrow has a 50/50 skill or randomness too it too (for console imo). imo, you need to have patience/ experience to do close range scatter. such as a genji and tracer coming at you and you need to perfectly land the scatter shot in front of them quickly/swiftly at close range. now its a different story if the scatter was shot to some enclose area or areas that have lots of wall for ricochet for a kill. now thats luck and not really skills.

Tovarisc

The absolute least they are going to do today is put out another countdown with Sombra's face or something since there was even a blog on Blizzard's site that stated 'things were going to happen' in the lore on 11/1. That's the worst case scenario.

Up from that, the slightly better but still almost worst case scenario is a Sombra teaser trailer (or hacked Lumerico propaganda video or something) where she says "just a few more days, teehee!"

Up from that, we might get a Sombra gameplay trailer like we got for Ana.

If we get really lucky, we'll get Sombra on PTR today. More likely it'll be Sombra releasing on PTR during Blizzcon.

I'll be legit shocked if we get Sombra playable on Live, even while Blizzcon is happening.

If I were a betting man, I would wager that Blizzard will first only allow those with a Blizzcon virtual ticket (and physical Blizzcon attendees) to play as Sombra on the PTR, like the way Eichenwald was at first only playable to those attending Gamescom.

At this point they need to be borderline brain dead to do that. They have already milked Sombra to extreme with this way, way too long bullshit ARG. Not sure community will swallow anymore milking bullshit when it comes to this hero.

How do you guys get so many boxes? :(
I have to play for an hour to level up.

We played many hours :b

MUnited83

For you.
How do you guys get so many boxes? :(
I have to play for an hour to level up.
Playing with a group gives you 20% more experience, and competitive gives a lot of exp. You can be lucky and have some short matches. I've been able to level up in less than 45 minutes sometimes.

PQAGVSI.jpg]

Gotta love blizzard matchmaking.......couldn't even beat a troll comp....

Plesiades

My obligatory weekly Tuesday post:

Today is the day?

I think that two scenarios are possible:
  • They reveal Sombra today. Blizzard does a formal introduction at Blizzcon, showing the design process and whatnot. Hands-on only for the people there.
  • They ride the marketing train all the way to Anaheim.

You could have wrecked that comp with a couple Pharahs.

eh, you can't tell people to switch...I mean you can ask them....but they don't listen...and pharah is like the one character I don't play, well 1 of the 3....pharah,zenyatta, and zarya are the 3 I just don't play/don't particularly enjoy.

anyways, coulda woulda, whatever.....that matchmaking right there is bad as it gets is my point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Id of gone Winston to instantly nullify 30% of their team.

Edit: Actually Pharah is a hard counter to their entire team!

Pharah doesn't really hard counter Winston, actually. But yeah otherwise Junkrat, Symmetra, and Lucio would all get crushed by Pharah.

AngryMoth

Goddamit now the last Hitman episode is out and people are saying it's great. Stop trying to cut into my overwatch time, other games!

komaruR

eh, you can't tell people to switch...I mean you can ask them....but they don't listen...and pharah is like the one character I don't play, well 1 of the 3....pharah,zenyatta, and zarya are the 3 I just don't play/don't particularly enjoy.

anyways, coulda woulda, whatever.....that matchmaking right there is bad as it gets is my point.

learn counters and switch to them next time you see something silly like that. its qp, what is there to lose? you train your weaklink and do your best!

xaosslug

The best thing I got out of the +30 Halloween Boxes was the Coldhardt skin.

This RNG blows.

if I didn't have the gold to buy what I wanted, I think I would have only gotten a few prays, victory headstones, and multiple Reaper and Mercy skins... I don't think Junkenstein or Junkenstein's monster skins ever dropped in a loot box. Don't even get me started on S76, Ana, and everyone else's skins. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom