• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
learn counters and switch to them next time you see something silly like that. its qp, what is there to lose? you train your weaklink and do your best!

Uh, I know counters and I do indeed switch. I'd say I'm one of the more "flexible" players. I think you are totally missing the point of that post. But ok? thanks for teaching me oh wise master?

matmanx1

PQAGVSI.jpg]

Gotta love blizzard matchmaking.......couldn't even beat a troll comp....

Troll comps can be very hard actually. Anytime you introduce stacking you break the balance of the game in some way. The only way to overcome that crap is by stacking your own team or switching to the appropriate counters. Learn to switch and counter and love it if you plan on hanging out in QP.

eh, you can't tell people to switch...I mean you can ask them....but they don't listen...and pharah is like the one character I don't play, well 1 of the 3....pharah,zenyatta, and zarya are the 3 I just don't play/don't particularly enjoy.

anyways, coulda woulda, whatever.....that matchmaking right there is bad as it gets is my point.

Matchmaking doesn't have anything to do with what characters people pick though. That's just Quickplay shenanigans. I dislike it but right now the only other option is Comp or Brawl. I've gotten to the point where if I join a QP game and my team starts trying to put together some cheesy/awful stack I just exit out and let them do their thing. Stacking just ruins balance and is usually really unfun for one of the two teams.

My kingdom for a permanent game mode that turns off hero stacking but isn't competitive.

Troll comps can be very hard actually. Anytime you introduce stacking you break the balance of the game in some way. The only way to overcome that crap is by stacking your own team or switching to the appropriate counters. Learn to switch and counter and love it if you plan on hanging out in QP.

Matchmaking doesn't have anything to do with what characters people pick though. That's just Quickplay shenanigans. I dislike it but right now the only other option is Comp or Brawl. I've gotten to the point where if I join a QP game and my team starts trying to put together some cheesy/awful stack I just exit out and let them do their thing. Stacking just ruins balance and is usually really unfun for one of the two teams.

My kingdom for a permanent game mode that turns off hero stacking but isn't competitive.

yea, my post really isn't about the troll comp. but ok.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizz probably won't show Sombra today. Just implement the last stage of the ARG.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
"You know what? I'm not feeling it today. Maybe next week. Maybe."
I'm 100% not expecting anything remotely useful regarding Sombra to be revealed today. At best, maybe a setup similar to Ana where they released her weapon ahead of time or something.

Plesiades

It also seems that Blizzard is using the /r/Overwatch Discord to do some Folding@Home stuff...

Can't confirm that yet since the server is down.

Tovarisc

The console within the Lumérico page was working but we DDOS'd the site :/

Using the overrride command asked for your "favorite movie". It seems that "Some Like It Bot" was the answer.

So more meaningless ARG bs incoming with "OMG WE ARE HACKED LALZ" at the end at BlizzCon? They are really doing it, aren't they?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got dammit Blizz, this isnt funny anymore.
Just friggin' reveal her already... SMH

hydruxo

I will be so glad when this stupid ARG is over and Sombra is just out already. I'm honestly just tired of hearing about it after months of dragging it out.

Shouta

I'm patching PTR right now at 800 megs but I haven't updated it in the last two weeks i think?

Edit: Haven't updated since they buffed Pharah on PTR! That's the last time, lol

Fancolors

Honestly, the amount of lore related material in this RNG makes me think Blizzard didn't only intend to tease fans about a new character, but also push lore forward with her reveal.

Problem is, people don't care.

Twookie

the ptr gets patched all the time btw, it even patched the last time the last countdown was over, and nothing ever came out of that too

Skii

Uh, I know counters and I do indeed switch. I'd say I'm one of the more "flexible" players. I think you are totally missing the point of that post. But ok? thanks for teaching me oh wise master?

But how can you complain about an opposing team comp if you didn't switch to obvious counters to it? You probably played Junkrat the entire match. There are so many counters you could've gone with that would've swung the game in your favour.

Damnit blizzard, next time don't fucking tease us 3-4 months before you're even ready to reveal anything. Don't just artificially extend the ARG because people actually figured shit out.

Skii

Do you guys genuinely believe they'll release Sombra 3 days before Blizzcon happens? Even though we know Youtubers have been briefed that they'll have exclusive footage to reveal at the event?

But how can you complain about an opposing team comp if you didn't switch to obvious counters to it? You probably played Junkrat the entire match. There are so many counters you could've gone with that would've swung the game in your favour.

nope, i switched a few times. Apparently, this is a 6v6 game so, just cause you may switch and do everything you can, the result maybe the same. secondly, again, the countering wasn't even the POINT of that post. but ok oh wise master

pixxxelz

So I started playing this the last weekend and so far I'm loving the game and genji is my favorite character but his super feels pretty underwhelming, it forces you to get close to the enemy, I doesn't last long, the damage isn't as great, and you're left defenseless when he's sheathing the sword, am I missing anything or his super is not that good?

Also are loot crates the only way of making money? Some of these skins are sweet but they cost a fortune!

Do you guys genuinely believe they'll release Sombra 3 days before Blizzcon happens? Even though we know Youtubers have been briefed that they'll have exclusive footage to reveal at the event?

Not necessarily of Sombra. Just whatever they announce.

Even an abilities trailer would be nice, or any other info.

Jellie

I reckon it'll be a trailer similar to Ana that we get today then at blizzcon announced that she's on PTR afterwards.
PlayOverwatch has an unlisted video on their channel

tumblr_mzncp3nYXh1syplf0o1_250.gif

That was a world cup video from yesterday they deleted.

Release? Not at all. Tease the hell out of? Absolutely.

Symphonic

Yes. Eichenwald was released a couple days before Gamescom and then they just used the convention to talk about it afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom