• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

nope, i switched a few times. Apparently, this is a 6v6 game so, just cause you may switch and do everything you can, the result maybe the same. secondly, again, the countering wasn't even the POINT of that post. but ok oh wise master

What is the point? The fact that you think you were put up against players that were significantly better than your team? in QP? lol.

ohkay

So I started playing this the last weekend and so far I'm loving the game and genji is my favorite character but his super feels pretty underwhelming, it forces you to get close to the enemy, I doesn't last long, the damage isn't as great, and you're left defenseless when he's sheathing the sword, am I missing anything or his super is not that good?
His ult is VERY good, one of the best offensive ults. After you activate it, it refreshes his dash, so use that to get close to the squishiest enemies and swipe away. Most heroes will die in 2 slashes. Make good use of your dash reset on kills to stay mobile, and use deflect if you think something's gonna kill you.

Also, if you're new to the game, playing genji and using his ult effectively is something that takes time to get a feel for

Do you guys genuinely believe they'll release Sombra 3 days before Blizzcon happens? Even though we know Youtubers have been briefed that they'll have exclusive footage to reveal at the event?

Exclusive footage doesn't necessarily mean exclusive footage of Sombra, no? We don't know what exactly this exclusive footage is about.
I still am maintaining that BlizzCon will be all about the graphic novel and its themes, with Sombra being a mere sidenote.

xaosslug

Do you guys genuinely believe they'll release Sombra 3 days before Blizzcon happens? Even though we know Youtubers have been briefed that they'll have exclusive footage to reveal at the event?

why not? Sombra can 'hack' OW and release herself early... I think it would actually be fun and out of left field, which is why it won't happen. LOL

T__T

Tovarisc

Exclusive footage doesn't necessarily mean exclusive footage of Sombra, no? We don't know what exactly this exclusive footage is about.
I still am maintaining that BlizzCon will be all about the graphic novel and its themes, with Sombra being a mere sidenote.

Sombra has been a mere sidenote for months now so it would fit their theme surrounding this hero.

Thewonandonly

why not? Sombra can 'hack' OW and release herself early... I think it would actually be fun and out of left field, which is why it won't happen. LOL

T__T
My money is on sombra hacking the stage at blizzcon. Then everyone acting shocked while the crowd boo's and some cheer. It will be cringed tho that's a garuntee ;)

What is the point? The fact that you think you were put up against players that were significantly better than your team? in QP? lol.

the point was "lol, look at the vast difference in experience between the two teams"

yea i know it's QP. but doesn't mean we can laugh and say it's dumb that that can happen.

NeoRaider

At the end... i had to buy Witch Mercy. Got Junkenstein's Monster for the 2nd time today but no Witch Mercy. :/

I also bought Skullyatta, but don't have enough coins for Ghoul Ana, i need 250 more. :(

Sombra has been a mere sidenote for months now so it would fit their theme surrounding this hero.

UfYsQi7.gif

xaosslug

My money is on sombra hacking the stage at blizzcon. Then everyone acting shocked while the crowd boo's and some cheer. It will be cringed tho that's a garuntee ;)

Blizz has been pretty tone deaf throughout this whole ARG so I wouldn't be surprised if they go full steam ahead w/ something like that. -__-

pixxxelz

His ult is VERY good, one of the best offensive ults. After you activate it, it refreshes his dash, so use that to get close to the squishiest enemies and swipe away. Most heroes will die in 2 slashes. Make good use of your dash reset on kills to stay mobile, and use deflect if you think something's gonna kill you.

Also, if you're new to the game, playing genji and using his ult effectively is something that takes time to get a feel for
Cool, I didn't know about the dash reset thing, Thanks.

Also I don't care how long it takes I'm mastering this mother :p

Skii

the point was "lol, look at the vast difference in experience between the two teams"

yea i know it's QP. but doesn't mean we can laugh and say it's dumb that that can happen.

Rank means nothing lol. I'm currently rank 36 on PC and am constantly put up against rank 100+ players but never really struggle. You're making a big deal over nothing.

xaosslug

Rank means nothing lol. I'm currently rank 36 on PC and am constantly put up against rank 100+ players but never really struggle. You're making a big deal over nothing.

but you have more experience than that 36 rank, lbr, much like those star players vs. no stars. They may all be similar hidden MMR, but experience and nuance matters in a game like this, which is why those Symms were able to carry on unchallenged by the rest of his team. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, why y'all bickering over this? lol

i disagree. Rank does mean something. Does it mean alot? no. But it does mean something. Experience is a big deal in anything. Sure you might have played some garbage 100+ players, and your skills might be godly....but that doesn't apply for most people.

what's your bnet name btw

You're fooling yourself if you think anything Sombra related will actually happen at any other place/time besides this weekend and Blizzcon.

Glad we have you to set us all straight.

We've come this far, and we basically know the exact same amount about her as the day it started. I mean they had an entire Gamescom stage/presentation to introduce a new map.

edit: to clarify I am speaking specifically about the unveiling of Sombra.

I will happily eat crow the minute they just release her on the PTR if that happens. I'm just sharing what my gut feeling is, that's all.

I will happily eat crow the minute they just release her on the PTR if that happens. I'm just sharing what my gut feeling is, that's all.

But that's not "anything Sombra related", that is one specific thing.

Symphonic

We've come this far, and we basically know the exact same amount about her as the day it started. I mean they had an entire Gamescom stage/presentation to introduce a new map.

Totally fair considering the shit show this ARG has been.

Skii

but you have more experience than that 36 rank, lbr, much like those star players vs. no stars. They may all be similar hidden MMR, but experience and nuance matters in a game like this, which is why those Symms were able to carry on unchallenged by the rest of his team. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, why y'all bickering over this? lol

Even with my added mechanics experience, I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis because I'm technically a lot worse than most players in my range. I can't move or aim for shit on PC.

i disagree. Rank does mean something. Does it mean alot? no. But it does mean something. Experience is a big deal in anything. Sure you might have played some garbage 100+ players, and your skills might be godly....but that doesn't apply for most people.

what's your bnet name btw

But at rank 50+ it's a far smaller factor imo than say not switching to direct counters. Experience means nothing if your the world's best Genji against 6 Winstons. But all this is really irrelevant because QP means nothing and you lost nothing from losing a game because of perceived inexperienced team mates. If this was competitive and you were in a team with rank 30s whilst the entire opposition were all rank 100/200+, then you have legit cause for concern.

My bnet is Skii#2784

But at rank 50+ it's a far smaller factor imo than say not switching to direct counters.

My bnet is Skii#2784

i agree it's a smaller factor, but it's still A factor and half the team wasn't even sniffing rank 50.

as oppossed to players on the other team that have seen rank 50 7 times over.

But all this is really irrelevant because QP means nothing and you lost nothing from losing a game because of perceived inexperienced team mates.

i hate this argument. "Oh because it's QP we can give no fucks and it can be a shitshow"

xaosslug

Even with my added mechanics experience, I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis because I'm technically a lot worse than most players in my range. I can't move or aim for shit on PC.

i get what you are saying, but it's a bit like someone that reads a game manual vs. someone that doesn't. You may suck w/ kb & m (right now), but you have knowledge of the game/maps other lvl36 players likely don't, and that does matter.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there anyone else that isn't able to hear anything on the chat? (PC). I mean, yeah I know, "blessing in disguise" and all that, but I can't even hear in group chat. I have no idea why. The only time I was able to hear anyone talking was on launch month.

Jellie

But at rank 50+ it's a far smaller factor imo than say not switching to direct counters. Experience means nothing if your the world's best Genji against 6 Winstons. But all this is really irrelevant because QP means nothing and you lost nothing from losing a game because of perceived inexperienced team mates. If this was competitive and you were in a team with rank 30s whilst the entire opposition were all rank 100/200+, then you have legit cause for concern.

My bnet is Skii#2784

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXp6O0qtMyk
Quick play is no excuse.

Is there anyone else that isn't able to hear anything on the chat? (PC). I mean, yeah I know, "blessing in disguise" and all that, but I can't even hear in group chat. I have no idea why. The only time I was able to hear anyone talking was on launch month.

There are chat audio sliders in the settings, have you looked at those?

ZangBa

Of course the one skin I decide to buy before my last lockbox of this event is the one I get a dupe of immediately after.

joanot

Im done with the event, pretty happy with my haul, got all the skins except Dr Junkstein ( bought it with credit ) & Skullyatta ( next year ).

Kito

I've started watching Surefour on twitch and I love this guy. His commentary is way more witty and entertaining than Seagull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom