• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Blizzard is announcing something related to Overwatch at BlizzCon but... what if it doesn't have anything to do with Sombra?? They will make us wait till 2017 i am pretty sure. XD

Well there's certainly going to be something that isn't related to do with Sombra: The release date of the First Strike graphic novel.

Mutombo

people should just stop doing that ARG altogether. If it's a hero that is ONLY released when the players solve the puzzle, then yea I could see the fun in it. But it's a puzzle with time based shit, leading to more time based shit, from which you can only conclude that blizzard wants to release sombra when they think it's the right time.

If people just stop doing the ARG, they'll let blizzard know that they don't care.

I seriously don't understand this thing. Just release a hero. What do I gain by reading up on information? What do I gain by speculation about a hero? What do I even gain by knowing everything about one if I can't play it?

Jack shit.

I don't understand.

people should just stop doing that ARG altogether. If it's a hero that is ONLY released when the players solve the puzzle, then yea I could see the fun in it. But it's a puzzle with time based shit, leading to more time based shit, from which you can only conclude that blizzard wants to release sombra when they think it's the right time.

If people just stop doing the ARG, they'll let blizzard know that they don't care.

I seriously don't understand this thing. Just release a hero. What do I gain by reading up on information? What do I gain by speculation about a hero? What do I even gain by knowing everything about one if I can't play it?

Jack shit.

I don't understand.

It could lead to something other than Sombra.

Plus, when there's an opportunity for the internet to do something, they do it, no matter how pointless.

Grinded for one last Halloween Box, and.....
Are_You_Shitting_Me.png
No, Blizzard, I still refuse to play as Mercy

PatjuhR

So how am I going to get 5 allies armored up on the same time if 75% of the players walks around it like its some kind of scary disease?

I think this is a trophy I'll need a boosting session for. What a joke.

Jellie

So how am I going to get 5 allies armored up on the same time if 75% of the players walks around it like its some kind of scary disease?

I think this is a trophy I'll need a boosting session for. What a joke.

Maybe if torb keeps his buff from PTR since it's passive scrap gain now. You can get 2 packs up by the first fight now. Might be easier if your teammates are shield oriented like zarya and zen too.

PatjuhR

Maybe if torb keeps his buff from PTR since it's passive scrap gain now. You can get 2 packs up by the first fight now. Might be easier if your teammates are shield oriented like zarya and zen too.

I have to do them all at once I guess. Because when you are taking damage the armor packs are gone first.

I had high hopes for tonight, I always play alone, but played with a friend tonight. Thought if I can armor him up and keeps his armor or at least tells me when its gone I have a chance. The other 4 I could do all at the same time as I have 200 scraps.

But people never picked up my armor, only if I throw them directly on them. But by that moment the first one I gave armor is already heads up in battle and lost it. So frustrating.

Special shout-out to the people on Reddit that said the event finished at 12pm GMT so I completely neglected to purchase the last few bits I wanted.

Thank fuck they were only Symmetra's skin and Reaper's intro.

In other news, filler brawl at the moment, similar to when Ana and Eichenwalde were due for release. Sombra shouldn't be long away.

B.O.O.M

Pretty much got everything I wanted from the Halloween stuff outside Mercy Witch costume and Rionhardt pumpkin smash. Everything else through regular lootboxes

Winning a down to the wire comp match in Numbani while being the underdog (by quite a margin too) nets me only 19 SR points, just because I was playing support?
That is absolutely ridiculous and something that I hope is gone for the next season.

If anything support heroes should get more points than the rest as an incentive for people to fill that role.

I have to do them all at once I guess. Because when you are taking damage the armor packs are gone first.

I had high hopes for tonight, I always play alone, but played with a friend tonight. Thought if I can armor him up and keeps his armor or at least tells me when its gone I have a chance. The other 4 I could do all at the same time as I have 200 scraps.

But people never picked up my armor, only if I throw them directly on them. But by that moment the first one I gave armor is already heads up in battle and lost it. So frustrating.

Throw down Lvl 1 turrets that'll get destroyed easy and fill up on scrap. Wait until a big battle finishes, armor up your team that's still alive using turret scrap - pick up scrap from the battle leftovers, then armor up the rest of your team returning from spawn. That's how I got it. Helps if you do it on a 2CP defense on point B because there's breathing room between surges of attacking and your teammates don't usually overextend and get far away from the point (usually).

Pooya

So how are they changing the xp system again on PTR? Is it still better for you to be near prestige when next event happens?

PatjuhR

Throw down Lvl 1 turrets that'll get destroyed easy and fill up on scrap. Wait until a big battle finishes, armor up your team that's still alive using turret scrap - pick up scrap from the battle leftovers, then armor up the rest of your team returning from spawn. That's how I got it. Helps if you do it on a 2CP defense on point B because there's breathing room between surges of attacking and your teammates don't usually overextend and get far away from the point (usually).

K thanks, I'll try to focus a bit more on this. I might try it in competitive, I feel people group up better there and I also got my Junkrat Tire trophy there after a few hours after I tried it in QP for 2 weeks.

Jellie

Hence why it's easier with shielded allies. Maybe what you should do is put it on zen and zarya first if you have them then hope they don't lose it due to shields taking damage first and store all the scrap you can then throw it on the remaining 3 people or just do it inbetween fights so they don't lose it?

Yeah playing with a frirend would work well. The more the better too.

Didn't get the Mercy Witch costume in the 20 or so boxes I opened, I never get anything good. Had enough coins to buy it but no way I was gonna blow nearly all my coins when I had already bought a Mercy legendary that I like better.

I-hate-u

Wow, I thought we still had 45 mins left. I was on the cusp of going prestige too.

Dammit. My skins haul (all earned lootboxes):

Monster Roadhog
Pumkin Reaper
Witch Mercy
Zombie Pharah
Skeletor Zen.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've only gotten witch mercy from lootboxes.

Had enough coins to buy skullyetta, ghoul ana, junkenstein's hogster, pumpkin reaper, reaper intro, mei intro.

Didn't buy junkenstein because why would I ever need anything involving junkrat.

Though I did get a gold junkrat drop but it was a duplicate of scarecrow.

Blast, no Witch Mercy for me.
I had to make the choice with my 3000 credits to blow them all on the witch or get some Skullyatta for my main bot, in the end I had to give it to Zenny boy.

I did at least scoop up Junkenstein, Pumpkin Reaper, Rein's taunt, Genji's intro (never play him mind you) and Mei's intro, all through levelling up.

I got:
2x Witch Mercy
2x Junkenstein
2x Junkenstein's Monster
Pumpkin Reaper
3x Ana's skin
Bastion's skin
Pharah's skin
Pumpkin smash emote
Mei's highlight intro

All from free lootboxes.

I then bought Reinhardt's and Zenyatta' halloween skins today with coins, and still got 5500 or something coins left.

Also got some other legendary and epic skin drops during the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom