• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it when the match starts Tracer's always use her time jump to get into the field, leaving their teammates behind, for an engagement that will always end up with them dead because they have no idea how to stay alive. I mean I get it, if the objective is active but at the start? Come on now. Im only 21 now so I'm assuming this will stop when I get to ranked mode

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Chance

Tracer is a flanker so she's supposed to go behind enemy lines and distract the other team. A good Tracer can easily eliminate the back line. She's supposed to split up like with Genji. That's a normal tactic.You'll rarely see a Tracer sticking with your team in higher level play.

Yeppa. Distract/eliminate the back line, then join the team fight and help the crew clear the remainders, then split off again to split up the reds as they respawn so hopefully your crew is never taking on the full enemy team.

It's delicious when it comes together.

rulerk1

Tracer is a flanker so she's supposed to go behind enemy lines and distract the other team. A good Tracer can easily eliminate the back line. She's supposed to split up like with Genji. That's a normal tactic.You'll rarely see a Tracer sticking with your team in higher level play.

That aspects makes sense and I'll admit when it works out it's great but usually they fail to stay alive to even get it done. I remember one tracer distracted like four different people causing us to capture the goal. I mean we still lost but it was a triumph start

LiK

That aspects makes sense and I'll admit when it works out it's great but usually they fail to stay alive to even get it done. I remember one tracer distracted like four different people causing us to capture the goal. I mean we still lost but it was a triumph start

I assume they're just low level players who aren't the best at her yet. A good Tracer is pretty amazing to have on your team.

Prelude.

I see, thanks.

So is any of that relative to your own SR? For example, if I play with a friend with a higher SR and both teams have an average SR substantially higher than my own, can I expect to earn more from wins than playing at or around my own rating?
No idea.

I see, thanks.

So is any of that relative to your own SR? For example, if I play with a friend with a higher SR and both teams have an average SR substantially higher than my own, can I expect to earn more from wins than playing at or around my own rating?

Yep, and this is a big issue. Low-ranked players can get carried through the ranks quickly by being in a group with higher SR players. I've heard a lot of people calling it cheap. It's also an issue for the pro players, as they're often matched with people with lower SR (because there are so few people at their SR), that if they lose a game they lose a big amount of points, but if they win, they only gain two skill points at most.

DevilDog

One of my teammates got in a fight with another teammate. Soon after, he switched to widow and didn't contest the paylod and we lost because he said:

'' I don't want to win this so that he doesn't get carried''.

We lost because we couldn't get there in time.

Kurumi

Why is Mei's voice line "Do you want to build a snowman"? not a voice line I can buy with my in-game currency Blizzard? She sounds so adorable when she says it.

lol really? honestly at this point i almost always perform well in my bracket and get at the very least 30 elims, usually 40 or more whether i'm tank or dps.

my winrate is still around 43%. it's actually impossible to carry these games.

I mean, eliminations aren't everything, but if you're getting 40+ elims a match that's 20 per side of the game and that's usually around what people get on a successful hold in a single match in QP. People only get 30-40 elims in QP if the team managed to push the payload all the way to the end or it goes into double-mega-overtime.

Like I just had a 30-3 comp match as Soldier on King's Row where we won 3-1. I had 19 kills on attack and 11 on defense, and got gold in elims, and that's about standard for me on a victory where I play well. I just can't imagine getting 50 elims and still losing, that must suck. The people you were playing with must suck terrible ass.

As Aeolist said, the DPS just plain sucked. Regarding Payload maps, we could carry to some degree and the defense would generally not pose any problems until the last point where we would be practically on top of the glowing rectangle. The defense spawn is really close on the last point so the opposing team would just keep contesting - sometimes swapping out to Winston, D.va, Tracer, Mei, Lucio, etc. to contest faster and longer. After the first wipe, the final point becomes harder and harder to lock down due to spawn distance of the attackers and letting the defending team get established. It also doesn't help when you tell your randoms to fall back or to regroup after losing your ground only to have them run in and die alone, staggering the spawns. Without coordination between us and the randoms (especially when they aren't really contributing anything) it becomes impossible.

Yeah, I get that. Trickling in plus teams not being able to take out the defense quickly at the end sometimes end up frustrating. Had a few matches in a row where we'd get the payload to the last 5m and then stall for two minutes because we couldn't kill enemies fast enough. Sometimes you wonder why people play DPS if they can't, you know, do damage and kill enemies.

Farewell

One of my teammates got in a fight with another teammate. Soon after, he switched to widow and didn't contest the paylod and we lost because he said:

Man this is so childish.

LiK

what a fucking baby

Im getting used to playing with tracer now.
So far my competence levels for the dps characters are

Genji>>>>>>>>>76>>Mccree>Tracer.

I really do have a problem with hitscan heroes in Overwatch.

Mannn, I REALLY wish we had more quick chat options. Rocket League has spoiled me too much.

I NEED To tell my teammates "sorry" and "behind us!"

Also, I hate that the taunt is so close to the other important lines, as I sometimes get stuck in the animation

Anne

Gonna requote myself for people who missed it last night, but here's the interview I've been working on lately:

My interview with Harry and Chips from EnVy went up ;w; I hope it turned out nice

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esport...ryhook-chipshajen-see-supports-in-your-future

Things we talk about:
-how they view the job of supports
-current metagame stuff
-choosing supports
-personal thoughts and other stuff abotu the characters and balance
-Symmetra

It's pretty informative if you want to know what the higher level opinion of all that is.

On another note, this week's meta report is interesting. Lots of tanks.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-...r-list-and-meta-report-world-of-tanks-edition

I am gonna criticize this guy a bit though. His data gathering and presentation are really valuable, but I dislike the way he tiers things. I don't see a low usage rate character and think, "oh, F tier." I'd take the tier lists with a grain of salt because some of the low usage rate heroes are actually pretty good (like Mei) and are just picked infrequently due to teams being shit at niche strats and the dominance of other strats. I wish he presented that part differently.

Animator

Fucking hate this game, cant win a single match of competitive. Went from shiet teir 2115 down to 1334.

I know people don't like hearing it but maybe you are bad at this game and that is your average rank. Initial placement is not really accurate and it normalizes over time the more you play.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
YOOO WTF 1.5GB PATCH ON PTR DOWNLOADING!!!!!!

new legendary emotes? oktoberfest? SOMBRA????

HYPE!!!

Anne

Nerfed Ana's ult charge rate by 20%, increased nade radius by 1m

Widow scopes faster

Junkrat tire starts up faster

added pause to custom games

Those are the big ones, all pretty nice. Consoles are gonna get some new controller options as well. The pause feature is amazing.

Im getting used to playing with tracer now.
So far my competence levels for the dps characters are

Genji>>>>>>>>>76>>Mccree>Tracer.

I really do have a problem with hitscan heroes in Overwatch.

I really really want to say I'm best with Tracer in DPS, but if I want to be truthful and look at my stats, it's probably 76 >> Tracer > Reaper >>>> Pharah >>> Genji. We don't talk about McCree.

after a long stint of no leavers, had one today on Nepal when we were only down 2-1... feels bad, yo. T__T

Leavers are such a pain. I get Blizzard is putting in even more strict punishments this season, but there has to be more done to discourage it because that obviously isn't enough.

Maybe they could implement an opt-in system where you can choose to be a backfill for competitive with the knowledge the stats you gain/lose (probably lose) will be adjusted accordingly. I dunno. Just...something to give teams a fair shake because even just 6 v 5 is imbalanced.

xaosslug

was this solo or a group? Because I would unfriend someone that has such a hair trigger, BURN IT ALL DOWN temper in an online game. smh

Anne

I called that they wouldn't nerf Ana without buffing her elsewhere. The nade is so good, so that is a pretty decent buff. 20% charge is big but it will still be a very fast charging ult. I'm okay with it.

Yeah, but I wouldn't call it a significant buff. Just makes her easier to use for the most part, but it will come up from time to time. I like that buff.

The charge rate nerf is much more significant though, hoping this will band aid up the current issues she's causing.

P8Hmxap.png

Yo, what? that new console aiming thing...

Neat. How significant is that Widowmaker buff? I feel she was one of the low tier heroes.

Disappointed that they didnt do a Torb or Sym patch for console. This update is available on console too, right?

Yeah, but I wouldn't call it a significant buff. Just makes her easier to use for the most part, but it will come up from time to time. I like that buff.

The charge rate nerf is much more significant though, hoping this will band aid up the current issues she's causing.

I was reading that the current meta involves Ana backing up Tanks from afar and healing them significantly. Is that how the game is at high play?

Azoor

Neat. How significant is that Widowmaker buff? I feel she was one of the low tier heroes.

Disappointed that they didnt do a Torb or Sym patch for console. This update is available on console too, right?

The scope animation time is reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.3. Not a huge buff, but it might help her be more useful now.

We can only wait and see.

Anne

WM buff could end up being significant, it was one of the major nerfs that got her back when all that went down.

Also, no, this is a PC only update for now. MAkes sense no console specific changes would be in it. The controller stuff will probably make it to console, but it's on PC because some people do play with a controller.

I was reading that the current meta involves Ana backing up Tanks from afar and healing them significantly. Is that how the game is at high play?

At the moment, yeah. People abuse her ability to ult cycle really quickly and get big snowballs going.

WM buff could end up being significant, it was one of the major nerfs that got her back when all that went down.

Also, no, this is a PC only update for now. MAkes sense no console specific changes would be in it. The controller stuff will probably make it to console, but it's on PC because some people do play with a controller.

At the moment, yeah. People abuse her ability to ult cycle really quickly and get big snowballs going.

Oh, so we can expect a separate console patch with different changes? Will that happen within the week to coincide with PC update?

Anne

Someone explain that new controller aiming thing.

90% of the zone your analog sticks can move in will have low sensitivity, but acceleration. Means the faster you move the stick, the faster the cursor moves by some factor. The outer edge of your analog stick, the 10%, will be a fixed, high sensitivity zone with low acceleration.

Oh, so we can expect a separate console patch with different changes? Will that happen within the week to coincide with PC update?

This PC patch is on a test server only, so it's not final. Not "out" yet really on PC. Console patches tend to look similar, but have the potential to be different. No idea what the time table looks like.

I-hate-u

Gonna requote myself for people who missed it last night, but here's the interview I've been working on lately:

Things we talk about:
-how they view the job of supports
-current metagame stuff
-choosing supports
-personal thoughts and other stuff abotu the characters and balance
-Symmetra

It's pretty informative if you want to know what the higher level opinion of all that is.

Nice interview. Looks like we'll see more Ana use in the future as the main healer of the comp. The part of Lucio's job to protect her is interesting too.

On a side note, as long as Ana stays how she is, I think Mercy is going to go down in the meta imo. Ana out-heals and out damages Mercy, her ult is a game changer, and her kit is both offensive and defensive oriented. Oh, and she is much more fun to play.

EDIT: As I soon as I finish posting, I see that Ana's ult is getting nerfed. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom