• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf_

I really wish that at the very least two new maps would be released by the end of the year, preferably one with sombra as an excuse for this mess.

I really wish that at the very least two new maps would be released by the end of the year, preferably one with sombra as an excuse for this mess.

I think you're majorly underestimating the amount of work that goes into creating a new map for this game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had some guy rage at me in Match chat for picking a DPS when he wanted to Hanzo, but felt he had to tank now because I also picked DPS then later decided fuck me, he's DPSing, all the while saying in chat "Block and reported. You tank now." lol? lol.

We lost, complete wash, but I had 3 gold medal and he said it was my fault and that I treated the game like Call of Duty when it's a "fucking team game." This was Quick Play too, lol.

Had some guy rage at me in Match chat for picking a DPS when he wanted to Hanzo, but felt he had to tank now because I also picked DPS then later decided fuck me, he's DPSing, all the while saying in chat "Block and reported. You tank now." lol? lol.

We lost, complete wash, but I had 3 gold medal and he said it was my fault and that I treated the game like Call of Duty when it's a "fucking team game." This was Quick Play too, lol.

I just got Shyamalan'd so hard.

antitrop

I have been 1 win away from diamond so many separate times, it's driving me fucking insane

That's how I was with getting Rank 65 in Season 1 for the max CP bonus. I was so close so many times and just managed to get it within hours of the season end. It was quite a relief.

Ok...full Halloween gains:

Skins:
Mercy, Pharah, Reaper, Roadhog, Symmetra, Zenyatta

RIP:
Ana, Hanzo, Roadhog, Torbjorn, Tracer, Zenyatta

Voice:
Ana, Dva, Genji, Junkrat, Torbjorn, WM, Zenyatta

Spray:
Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Reaper, Reinhardt, S76

Highlight:
Genji

Emote:
Winston

Only one I bought with credits was Mercy at the end of the event. Rest is just leveling up normally...but now I'm poor on credits and need to save up for christmas. Really wanted the Mei highlight and Ana skin+emote

darklin0

Banned
I ended up the event by spending only 4500 coins.

Bought the Mercy, Zenny, and Ana skins. Skipped on like 2 skins but mostly because I did not care for them.

man this game gets frustrating sometimes.....

people just refusing to go tank, when they did tank, they go extra deep just leaving the cap always running to the other teams spawn, even when asking them to stop it politely....i dont understand how these people rank up playing so ignorantly.

There's few things worse than several teammates running up to enemy spawn and dying immediately. Lulz, thanks for the disadvantage out of the gate...that's gonna help us win.

For above...jesus fuck.

ricelord

man this game gets frustrating sometimes.....

people just refusing to go tank, when they did tank, they go extra deep just leaving the cap always running to the other teams spawn, even when asking them to stop it politely....i dont understand how these people rank up playing so ignorantly.

whats your rank? i find that most people who dont' play tank dont know what to do and dont stick with the team.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The entire reason I don't do voice chat to even listen to advice or call outs anymore.

I mean, it all kind of depends on which person is doing the callouts. When you play a role like Reinhardt or Support, you are heavily reliant on the rest of your team to be able to perform for you to be able to rank up. You can't necessarily carry with these roles unless you duo queue and synergize well. If I am playing Lucio on Comp, my best chance for improving my rank is shot-calling. I need to communicate with my team so that we stick together, take the same path, and I can speed boost when I need to. If I am playing Reinhardt on Comp, I need to be sure we have a plan to push together so that people will actually follow me and stick behind my shield. Or I have to say something like "hey junkrat, stop spawncamping them and get to the high ground behind my shield".

Of course, this is a bit different from your team's McCree complaining about heals when he can't even hit his shots. But shot-calling and team communication is generally important to gain wins, especially for your supports and tanks.

No_Style

It's awesome seeing folks on my friends list continue to play Overwatch but every time I see a group, I am compelled to join and ignore other games :/

ricelord

Now that i think about it whats the average rank on each platform?

edit: ever mind its 2500-2600 based on master overwatch.

24acacdb3eedf2336809182b124aeb5f.png

hahahaah fucking kill me

have faith bruh, you'll get out of hell one day.

xaosslug

you did this on purpose because you used match at the beginning... >_>

whats your rank? i find that most people who dont' play tank dont know what to do and dont stick with the team.

started out 2535

as of today dropped to 1979

i think I'm done for awhile, probably till next season unless some other game gets my attention when the next season hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom