• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

maouvin

There was also an extra part of the message

"I hope they can seize" seems like a bad google translation

It's something more like "hopefully you can enjoy/make use of it". (original phrase is "Les voy a mandar algo para agradecerles… Ojalá lo puedan aprovechar.")
I'm not a native speaker though.

Sombra shows up on stage.
Triumphant music plays.
We watch her trailer in glorious 4K.
She stands tall and proud at the end.
Doomfist appears from nowhere and puts his fist through her chest.

So what have I missed in the last few hours?

*reads the last page or so*

Wait for Blizzcon, huh? Looks like I will be saving my crow eating for a later date.

belushy

Banned
Kaplan on stage:

tumblr_mrny78nkb31ry0vzu1d.gif

Lmao

I'm glad I gave up caring about the ARG after the momentincrime bullshit. Blizzard has no fucking clue how to do an ARG. I hope they learned just how shitty they are at this and just release characters from now on.

Also I'm in the camp of hoping people boo at Blizzcon during the reveal. Just for fun.

I don't want people to boo at the inevitable "Sombra hacks the event and the people on stage act all surprised". I want there to be complete silence, and everyone in the audience just looking bored and rolling their eyes. And one single dude just slowly, sarcastically clapping.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I don't want people to boo at the inevitable "Sombra hacks the event and the people on stage act all surprised". I want there to be complete silence, and everyone in the audience just looking bored and rolling their eyes. And one single dude just slowly, sarcastically clapping.
I like this route.

Nazo

I came into this thread just now to see where the new countdown lead to and I was not disappointed.

I laughed really REALLY hard.

This whole thing was a perfect example of how not to do an ARG. It also was a perfect example of how you make your fanbase hate content that isn't even out yet, how to ridicule yourself, and how to poison the well for anything like this in the future.

LiK

Found the clips when I was destroying Comp with Vault. Hope to have a montage video of our OTP when I get around to it.

Lik was probably my best chance to get to master. We always had a great record when we duo queued.

But Rise of Iron kind of threw us out of the groove. We haven't gotten back to it since :(

I'm switching this fucking avatar.

Oh I see how it is. I spend 10 minutes of my valuable time to make you an avatar and then you only use it for a couple of days.

>:C

It will actually be surreal to watch the gameplay reveal. She'll never live up to it. And in a month she'll just be a regular part of the game and no one will remember all this shit.

She'll never live up to they buildup, yes.
But people will not forget this. Leading on your fans is one of the worst PR moves you can do. Blizzard is going to get ridiculed for this for a long time, especially if they really do the Sombra hacks Blizzcon shtick.
Sombra, the countdowns and possibly the leaks giving miles more information than any of the official stuff are going to become a running gag for months if not years to come. It's going to be one of Overwatch's legacies.

Nimby

Banned
Shit kinda got real? I'm watching the ARG people stream and they were testing out the new spray to see if does anything, and a new email appears and says "Let me know when it's fixed, please. Now's not the time to worry about the graffiti."

Oh I see how it is. I spend 10 minutes of my valuable time to make you an avatar and then you only use it for a couple of days.

>:C

She'll never live up to they buildup, yes.
But people will not forget this. Leading on your fans is one of the worst PR moves you can do. Blizzard is going to get ridiculed for this for a long time, especially if they really do the Sombra hacks Blizzcon shtick.
Sombra, the countdowns and possibly the leaks giving miles more information than any of the official stuff are going to become a running gag for months if not years to come. It's going to be one of Overwatch's legacies.
Maybe. Depends on how they reveal other characters. You're probably right about everyone saying "remember Sombra" but I don't think it will haunt them for too long.

If Sombra is literally the only thing at Blizzcon though... Oof. Maps, game modes, future characters, please!

LiK

Oh, I see how it is.

Why don't Lik want me no more man? ;_;

XD

Lik was probably my best chance to get to master. We always had a great record when we duo queued.

But Rise of Iron kind of threw us out of the groove. We haven't gotten back to it since :(

Yea, ROI kinda got me back but I'm starting to burn out. I still wanna complete the HM raid this weekend and I'll be one trophy away from another break.

Maybe. Depends on how they reveal other characters. You're probably right about everyone saying "remember Sombra" but I don't think it will haunt them for too long.

If Sombra is literally the only thing at Blizzcon though... Oof. Maps, game modes, future characters, please!

No I imagine more things like "Sombra's the next hero", or "Sombra hacked X", or "It's gonna be another countdown guys", etc. are going to be quite commonly used in the community.

Edit: Yeah I meant the community in general and not just GAF.

Tovarisc

Don't know about GAF, but knowing Reddit this ARG fiasco will haunt Blizzard for quite a while in /r/OverWatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom