• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricelord

if only to let the game match you up w/ dif peeps! >_<

i know the feeling, i see the same people all the time like everyday no matter if i'm winning or losing but some times it help to try to find some new to play with. >.>
14962818_1219302838144279_980306679_n.png

Was on a losing streak once but i had started climnbing back up by taking more breaks and try to work with the team comp more.

I think people are overestimating Blizzcon at this point.
We're gonna get Sombra, they're gonna talk a lot about the graphic novel, and that's gonna be it. Mark my words. We're not gonna get a new map announcement before December if even that.

PatjuhR

Yup, after dropping from 2700 to 2200 I have also now decided that fck team comp. After losing two more games as healer I decided to just be one of the insta-lock people and go with Tracer all the time.

Never really played her that much, but I figured I could have to most impact on the game with her without have to rely on teammates. If I just pick off their healers, hanzo's, bastions and others we have a good chance to win every game. Back to 2500 now.

Mendrox

I think people are overestimating Blizzcon at this point.
We're gonna get Sombra, they're gonna talk a lot about the graphic novel, and that's gonna be it. Mark my words. We're not gonna get a new map announcement before December if even that.

It's not like I don't know that Blizzard takes forever for such things, but Overwatch could be even bigger right now. They even outsourced some skins. I hope that they will show a new bigger mode and a new map. Also that they don't do another ARG ever again.

Sure thing, people have to see the light, having a bad day? then share it with everyone else, playing as Mei is fighting for a better world. One ni hao at a time.

I expect this will ultimately be a poor decision, but it will be eclipsed by numerous other that have occurred/will occur in my life.

It's not like I don't know that Blizzard takes forever for such things, but Overwatch could be even bigger right now. They even outsourced some skins. I hope that they will show a new bigger mode and a new map. Also that they don't do another ARG ever again.

I'll be glad to be wrong, but after the amount of hamfistedness and downright stupidity Blizzard has displayed over the course of the last few months in regards to this character, I don't expect anything but the things we already have pretty much confirmed.

I'll be glad to be wrong, but after the amount of hamfistedness and downright stupidity Blizzard has displayed over the course of the last few months in regards to this character, I don't expect anything but the things we already have pretty much confirmed.

Never get excited by anything and you can never be disappointed.

That's how I live my life.

Never get excited by anything and you can never be disappointed.

That's how I live my life.

I normally do the same in regards to stuff like this, but I honestly expected better from Blizzard.
But fool me once and all that.

Why even live then? Looking forward to goals is part of life.

I wouldn't really consider hype for something you have no control over (i.e. a character in a video game) to be comparable to anticipating goals.

I never expect anything from a game company.

If there's something I don't like, I just ignore it. I usually stay pretty happy this way.

Well I never really had much interest in Blizzard's games beyond the really old stuff like Lost Vikings, so I wasn't too familiar with how they operate. But it's always good to know that they're just like all the other big game corporations.

leaf_

I think you're majorly underestimating the amount of work that goes into creating a new map for this game.

Even if there is some insane amount of work to get one done it`s been 5 months and all they did was one hero, one map and a couple of brawls, given the resources that blizzard has this is pathetic, they should hire more people if its so hard, we are not talking about a small game that didn`t made them millions and is struggling to get a player base, they should be going above and beyond not failing to do the bare minimum
Even a small feature like this still isn`t in the game after all this time...

Even if there is some insane amount of work to get one done it`s been 5 months and all they did was one hero, one map and a couple of brawls, given the resources that blizzard has this is pathetic, they should hire more people if its so hard, we are not talking about a small game that didn`t made them millions and is struggling to get a player base, they should be going above and beyond not failing to do the bare minimum
Even a small feature like this still isn`t in the game after all this time...

You do realize Blizzard is actively making content for like 5 games right now, right?

This isn't the only thing that has their attention, and they've said content will roll out quite slowly because it's all free. These are far from normal circumstances.

Blues1990

You do realize Blizzard is actively making content for like 5 games right now, right?

This isn't the only thing that has their attention, and they've said content will roll out quite slowly because it's all free. These are far from normal circumstances.

Besides, Overwatch is going to be one their evergreen titles for years to come, and the game has only came out this summer.

Mendrox

You do realize Blizzard is actively having different teams for their games? I know where is coming from. People put even more money into Blizzards ass (and Overwatch sales have been astonishing) by buying lootboxes.

It's also not like the heroes have been balanced on release.

It just makes me sad, because the game has even higher potential than right now, but Overwatch doesn't even have replays, saving highlights, the blizzard client not even invisible mode (lol, they are looking into that now cause of Overwatch, nice work Blizzard...) and the characters are still not really balanced.

They craft everything with care and take their time, but sometimes it would be nice if they could be a bit faster. Would also bring some of my friends back, because they get bored without new content.

Edit: Maybe I also think like this, because fucking Riot is faster with everything (even back then yes), but they have it a bit easier with only a few maps which don't really have to balance.

It actually is in Blizzard's interest to release content fast at the early stages of a game's life in order to make it thrive very well on its own. Once they have gone past that point, content can slow down.
22 heroes and 13 maps is too little. It has to be 30+ heroes and 20+ maps imo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair, isn't lol criticized for having too many similar Heroes?

edit: 30+ heroes maybe but 25+ maps is unreasonable by any measure.

I'm not even sure if I want that much. Would make the playlist too muddled.

Mendrox

To be fair, isn't lol criticized for having too many similar Heroes?

Not really? They even reworked the useless heroes, well some of them and there are still champs that are almost never picked, but they are on it and well...you already have over 150 champions so it isn't a problem here.
I don't even know who would be similiar to who...so no.

You do realize Blizzard is actively having different teams for their games? I know where is coming from. People put even more money into Blizzards ass (and Overwatch sales have been astonishing) by buying lootboxes.

It's also not like the heroes have been balanced on release.

It just makes me sad, because the game has even higher potential than right now, but Overwatch doesn't even have replays, saving highlights, the blizzard client not even invisible mode (lol, they are looking into that now cause of Overwatch, nice work Blizzard...) and the characters are still not really balanced.

They craft everything with care and take their time, but sometimes it would be nice if they could be a bit faster. Would also bring some of my friends back, because they get bored without new content.

Edit: Maybe I also think like this, because fucking Riot is faster with everything (even back then yes), but they have it a bit easier with only a few maps which don't really have to balance.

"Just be a bit faster" is basically as helpful as telling Blizzard to "git gud."

Maybe they could put more staff on the game (although I don't really know because I don't know anything about their setup), but I'm not sure how much that would help given the complexity of what they have to do, and their standard of polish.

DevilDog

I agree, new heroes and maps should be faster. I don't expect them to follow the schedule of a MOBA since FPS are more complex but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom