• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

A Genji+Winston dive comp would've rekt that team. Surprised no one tried it at diamond level.

We had both. the genji and winston kept going after mei and symmetra I guess. That and whenever I respawned I saw the reinhardt on point by himself and everyone split up. Temple of Anubis by the way.

Found a nice way to start the game. Give out candy as Ana to people in halloween outfits/Mei and tell them they get candy for being scary.
Got the team laughing and pretending to eat candy with the Reinhardt getting excited and then putting on a deep voice afterwards.We played really well and were coordianated but ended up throwing the game away :(

Blues1990

I feel so happy aright now. So purdy.

n8xycRG.jpg

DevilDog

Let's hope that Sombra isn't the only thing we're gettingin Blizzcon.

New PvE brawl would be great, with Sombra controlling the omnics or whatever.

Skii

One single Tracer could win this game.

I dunno man. They have Junkrat, Hanzo, Mei and Widow. You either get one shotted or Junkrat/Hanzo accidentally kill you.

We had both. the genji and winston kept going after mei and symmetra I guess. That and whenever I respawned I saw the reinhardt on point by himself and everyone split up. Temple of Anubis by the way.

Found a nice way to start the game. Give out candy as Ana to people in halloween outfits/Mei and tell them they get candy for being scary.
Got the team laughing and pretending to eat candy with the Reinhardt getting excited and then putting on a deep voice afterwards.We played really well and were coordianated but ended up throwing the game away :(

Yeah that sucks. I've seen videos of Winstons and Genjis on diamond not flanking/diving together. It's really weird. Both of them could easily take out a team if the Genji is good.

TrueBlue

Let's hope that Sombra isn't the only thing we're gettingin Blizzcon.

New PvE brawl would be great, with Sombra controlling the omnics or whatever.

I wanna watch the Overwatch presentation during Blizzcon, but no way in hell am I paying £25 for a ticket.

I think offense Junkrat is best at putting immense pressure on critical chokepoints that sit before the first point in a lot of maps like Volskaya, Hollywood, Eichenwald, around that first corner in Route 66, even Anubis somewhat - if only because he can sit out of the enemy's line of sight and still barrage them with significant damage to give your team a better chance to finally bust through. It also helps that well played Junkrats can be tougher to kill because they hop around so much.

Unless it's a one-way stomp where it doesn't really matter about switching, the key to offensive Junkrat is to switch off to a more accurate DPS hero after taking that first point. It's a tough discipline because you're looking to switch from a character that just helped you take a point (as opposed to switching off defensive Symmetra after the first point because it was lost), so you're going to be tempted to stick with what's working.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh wow, firstly, managed to push the cart all the way on dorado, but then one of our members leave, making us 5 v 6 on defense.

But we managed to hold with one member down and I ended up getting gold elims with mei and potg too! Feeling so hype.

And then the servers crapped out after I left the game so I wonder if the DC is because of that? So glad it only crapped out at my end after the match.

Luckily the other team had an offensive junkrat so that made things easier. Sometimes having people want to junkrat on attack works out. Mostly when they're on the other side.

Antiwhippy

Seriously though, that junkrat spent all game on attack shooting into large open areas where his grenades are easily avoided and couldn't even get a rip tire off because our pharah kept hunting him and destroying his riptires.

At some point you gotta know that things won't work out.

I am being super mean now though, so I'll stop for now. :p

To be generous, that junkrat did really well on defense stopping our advances. We got through at the end though.

Seriously though, that junkrat spent all game on attack shooting into large open areas where his grenades are easily avoided and couldn't even get a rip tire off because our pharah kept hunting him and destroying his riptires.

To be generous, that junkrat did really well on defense stopping our advances. We got through at the end though.

It kills me how in denial some people get about their own skills.

I was playing a comp game and we had a Genji on our team who was a younger guy. I'd guess an early teen, maybe pre-teen.

Anyway, the enemy Tracer learns quickly she can kill him without a problem. After the third time of this, our Genji actually says into the Mic, "This stupid Tracer, she keeps killing me."

We ignore him because he already seems irritable, and saying something is likely going to make it worse.

After his 5th death with no elims we hear, "This Tracer just keeps getting bullshit kills on me. I can't even do anything."

At this point I speak up and say, "Well, that sucks, but you should probably change characters then. Anything else that can at least contribute something to our team. Because if she's just killing you that easily, then you're just feeding her Ult energy."

"Nah Dude, I got her. She's just getting bullshit kills."

Around his 9th or 10th death, he finally spoke again and said, "This Tracer is cheating. I've died to her everytime she sees me."

"Then Switch!"

"No. I can do get her. Don't worry about it."

"You should be struggling this hard to kill one character. We have other players on the team that are able to take out the Tracer, and have done so. So switch to something else more useful."

He still didn't switch. I stayed level headed the entire time, but it didn't matter. Dude thought now was the time to prove himself...

Chance

I only get salty about an enemy Tracer when I'm solo supporting, and even then it tends to be in the form of "Tracer behind us" "Tracer coming in on the right."

Now PLAYING Tracer and hunting down supports, Hogs and Reins? Well that's peak Overwatch pleasure, right there.

Antiwhippy

Personal performance does matter. If I know I'm being carried I expect only around 18SR and I probably deserved it.

Never really lost more than 23SR unless I'm on a losing streak.

Mei wall health needs to drop. How else can you counter mei walling anyone off?

Speedboost, have pharmercy.

You also counter mei with mei.

I love Junkrat, and I'll say he's probably one of my top 3 characters in terms of both play time and skill, but man - I rarely ever choose him on Attack. Defense and KOTH? Yes, sure. Attack? Nah. For me there's just so many better options that are more useful.

The only Defense character I might theoretically use on attack is Mei. Unless I'm in QP and just fucking around - then all bets are off obviously.

Fancolors

I don't know what this is. Would this be a PC only thing?

We still need details, but from what I understand it would be a league that keeps salaried players within the NA, EU, Korea and maybe other regions for the pros in an effort to grow the esports scene for Overwatch. It will most likely be PC-only given the current major tournaments.

Leave Junkrat alone

Only if he switches to something more useful.

15 SR for victory, -34 SR for the defeat after that

I love you game but go fuck yourself

Playing as Tracer, Nepal against a team with slighty higher SR with 2 top 500 players, three golds/one silver, got almost 30SR.

Next game, after a really long queue time, playing as Lucio in a team with 4 DPS, Anubis with the two teams having some members still doing placement matches, a lot of players still sub-50 level, got one quitter on my team after they cap the first point, lost +40SR.

Nice!

Matchmaking was all sorts of broken in this weekend too (more than usual). Lots of games with randoms vs groups, high differences between averages SR, etc...

Perhaps the reason for this is because there are fewer people playing? Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2 being the cause probably.

I'm just using the competitive mode to try new characters right now.
Mei <3

komaruR

I dunno man. They have Junkrat, Hanzo, Mei and Widow. You either get one shotted or Junkrat/Hanzo accidentally kill you.

Yeah that sucks. I've seen videos of Winstons and Genjis on diamond not flanking/diving together. It's really weird. Both of them could easily take out a team if the Genji is good.

I feel genji is not that great with a comp that has symmetra for no aim, mei for no deflect, junkrat trap and random bomb to take care off. If a genji dive into the group that contains all 3 of those at the same time, it might be tough. If 1v1 situation or how the other team is positioned i guess.

I'll find a 3/3 comp (tank heavy) will be able to slow push that comp instead. Of course rein to block most of their attacks and hog for picks

Blues1990

Congrats. I just hit 3000 myself (and taking a break probably until the Christmas event). I don't know whose golden weapon to buy as my first.

Yeah, I'm so happy that I finally got Zarya's golden gun. And since I'll have 800 credits to my name after this season ends, I'm going to save that and use it for future cosmetic weapons that might be added in future seasons.

And, personally, I would recommend using those credits towards the character(s) you play the most, in addition to how the Golden Gun will work for certain skins. Pharah's Golden Gun looks cool with her Anubis skin.

OMG these korean fan animations about overwatch are so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bte0qbzzyW8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uv5QxelL3g

The korean fandom is really doing some good stuff.

The Symmetra video is incredibly silly.

People shitting on Junk again?

Eh, every video game needs a scapegoat or three, so people love switching back between Junkrat, Widow Maker, or Hanzo with their hatred. .

LiK

Junkrat is fine. People shat on Bastion until pros starting using him well in Comp. Don't blame the hero, blame the player.

DevilDog

It's a good thing not everybody plays at high levels.

Junkrat Defense Force - Rip-Tire or Die!
I saw today a hanzo doing a 1 v 6. He was on my team. Feelsgoodman.

Junkrat is fine. People shat on Bastion until pros starting using him well in Comp. Don't blame the hero, blame the player.

Let me fix that for you.

Junkrat is fine in very specific situations. People shat on Bastion and still do, even after pros started using him in comps in very niche situations, and still failing a lot while doing so and proceeding to switch. Heroes who are only used in niche situations or incredibly rarely need some rework. Sometimes it's the player's fault for using them.

I still have nightmares when a whole team of Junkrats had fired their Ult's in different directions.

"FIR-FIR-FIR-FIR-FIR-FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Here's five junkrats for you

LiK

I don't like the Rip-Tire sped up start-up animation. Totally throws off my timing. Guess I'll need to get used to it.

Actually Hanzo on high levels is pretty scary and viable. Junkrat still isn't though.

He is used in some maps by the "pros", 1st point Dorado/Anubis/Eichenwalde (last point here too). Probably more, can't really remember right now. He's really fun to play with IMO, even though I rarely use him.

LiK

Fuck Eichenwalde. Unbalanced as fuck. Wtf was Blizzard thinking with that map?

It totally favors Defense so yea, it's a tough map for Attack.

He is used in some maps by the "pros", 1st point Dorado/Anubis/Eichenwalde (last point here too). Probably more, can't really remember right now. He's really fun to play with IMO, even though I rarely use him.

Much better now after the buff.

I still have nightmares when a whole team of Junkrats had fired their Ult's in different directions.

"FIR-FIR-FIR-FIR-FIR-FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Had a game recently where there were three Junkrats on Attack on Dorado. The game was basically - hold the team for X time, our entire team dies from three Rip-Tires from all different angles, they push a good distance until we come back and wipe them, rinse repeat.

We managed to win, but even as a Junkrat player I occasionally get Rip-Tire PTSD.

Fuck Eichenwalde. Unbalanced as fuck. Wtf was Blizzard thinking with that map?

Eichenwalde is basically the skill barrier for learning how to push the point as a team, especially the first capture point. You usually know after the first fifteen seconds whether or not you're going to take the point.

What I don't get is the people who think it's a good idea to camp the spawn point instead of holding back and defending one of the easiest choke points to defend in the game. More importantly, I don't get why they're always on my team.

TrueBlue

What I don't get is the people who think it's a good idea to camp the spawn point instead of holding back and defending one of the easiest choke points to defend in the game. More importantly, I don't get why they're always on my team.

Heh. I'm always like "COME BACK!!! ;_;" when I see this happen. I think it's only worked like a couple of times, and even then, we eventually had to go back to the choke point.

Blues1990

e4ozo.gif

Had a game recently where there were three Junkrats on Attack on Dorado. The game was basically - hold the team for X time, our entire team dies from three Rip-Tires from all different angles, they push a good distance until we come back and wipe them, rinse repeat.

We managed to win, but even as a Junkrat player I occasionally get Rip-Tire PTSD.

Man, that must've been annoying to deal with.

Kurumi

Eichenwalde is basically the skill barrier for learning how to push the point as a team, especially the first capture point. You usually know after the first fifteen seconds whether or not you're going to take the point.

Good luck doing that with randoms. Temple of Anubis used to be the map I hated most. Not anymore.

Anne

Junkrat and Bastion are still pretty shitty, they just have sone gimmicks.

There's no reason for the pro league to be anything but PC :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom